BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2014 9:52 pm  #81

Re: POLL: Favourite character after Sherlock & John - Take 2

Poor Anderson, nobody likes him! (well 1 person does :D)

June 23, 2014 9:44 pm  #82

Dramagod wrote:

You know how you know majority of the users on this board are women? Because no-one's voted Irene even though she was naked in the show for crying out loud. If I hadn't already voted for Moriarty, I'd give some love to Irene.

Ah the one doesn't rule out the other... I am a bisexual female and I still find Mycroft a more interesting character than Irene... not everything is about nudity and the perfect body, even though she quite clearly has both of those... still a three piece suit and being the british government... Mycroft can give her a run for her money as far as being interesting goes.

June 23, 2014 11:57 pm  #83

I'm going to skip the main characters (so that eliminates Molly) and go with Sarah. Any who kicks &*?&, saves Sherlock's life, notices things he missed, and gets treated tenderly and kindly by him is a force to be reckoned with. I wish we'd gotten more of her.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 24, 2014 6:27 am  #84

lol was mary intentionally left out?

June 25, 2014 9:08 pm  #85

The poll is from 2012, Mary wasn't in the series yet.

Not everything is against Mary 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

December 31, 2014 2:05 pm  #86

Molly! She is always here ! she was here before Sherock met John and she already wanted to go out with Sherlock. She is shy and she expresses her feelings even if he doesn't understand.She always helps him even if sometimes he is distant. And she is the only one to know he is not dead because she counts for him
I have hesitated with Irene and Mycroft

February 27, 2015 2:33 am  #87

Michele wrote:

Can we have an 'All of the Above' button? I can't pick!

I entirely agree with you, although I decided for Mycroft, in the end. That is after an intense 15 minutes' thinking.

I just love the antagonism between him and Sherlock. And the fact that he is so mysterious a character -though, being the British Government, one would think he is entitled to. And...his umbrella. I like to think there's a blade in that umbrella -not armed with a gun; that's not neat enough. But with a blade, that's another story.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 29, 2015 5:41 am  #88

Mycroft for me  poor Anderson, still on 0%... 

April 11, 2015 1:24 pm  #89

Janine! The hospital scene might be my favourite from all nine episodes.

May 5, 2015 5:26 pm  #90

I might have voted Mary if this poll were created later on, but I voted quite quickly and chose Mrs. Hudson.  I like a lot of the other characters and perhaps it was a bit of a thoughtless choice, but thinking about what I like about the show and characters I have enjoyed, the thought immediately comes to mind; I love Mrs. Hudson!
I do like a lot of the other characters, too.  The interactions that Sherlock has with Greg or with Mycroft are always fun, and I like Molly too even though we don't know much about her (at least from what I remember).

Clueing for looks.

May 13, 2015 7:30 pm  #91

Mycroft is everything to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Each picture told a story; mysterious often to my undeveloped understanding and imperfect feelings, yet ever profoundly interesting.
 ~Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte

Nous avons beau tailler de notre mieux le bloc mystérieux dont notre vie est faite, la veine noire de la destinée y reparaît toujours. ~Les Misérables, Victor Hugo

May 15, 2015 12:40 pm  #92

Yitzock wrote:

I might have voted Mary if this poll were created later on, but I voted quite quickly and chose Mrs. Hudson.  I like a lot of the other characters and perhaps it was a bit of a thoughtless choice, but thinking about what I like about the show and characters I have enjoyed, the thought immediately comes to mind; I love Mrs. Hudson!
I do like a lot of the other characters, too.  The interactions that Sherlock has with Greg or with Mycroft are always fun, and I like Molly too even though we don't know much about her (at least from what I remember).

"Mrs. Hudson, leave Baker Street? England would fall."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 15, 2015 12:49 pm  #93

For me it's Mycroft, without a doubt.I find both him as a person, and his relationship with Sherlock, highly interesting.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 1, 2015 7:54 pm  #94

Vhanja wrote:

For me it's Mycroft, without a doubt.I find both him as a person, and his relationship with Sherlock, highly interesting.

Totally agree! And I LOVE his face expressions !

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

July 9, 2015 6:37 pm  #95

I'm Mycroft girl...

July 22, 2015 2:57 am  #96

Mrs Hudson makes this show.
(But I am, of course, an American - um . . . . from 'the states')
(Nobody here says 'the states')

The Wedding
"You're a good candidate (to be murdered) at the moment"

Brilliant.

July 22, 2015 7:33 pm  #97

LammerGyer wrote:

Mrs Hudson makes this show.
(But I am, of course, an American - um . . . . from 'the states')
(Nobody here says 'the states')

The Wedding
"You're a good candidate (to be murdered) at the moment"

Brilliant.

Yeah, Mrs Hudson is always the one to put sth. in a nutshell :-).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

August 21, 2015 4:59 pm  #98

After John, I would say Mycroft and Lestrade.

But... it itches my feminist cord, so let's say:
Mrs Hudson,
Molly,
Donovan,
Equally with the previous ones.

And let's add Anderson, too, he deserves it.

And, erm... I don't fancy so much Mary nor Sherlock (don't roar, please) characters. Like them, but not my favourite ones.

Last edited by BHavers (August 21, 2015 4:59 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------
What? Cameras? Here? I'm in my nightie!

September 1, 2015 7:23 pm  #99

My favourite character is by far Moriarty. I guess I just have a crush on bad guys/ psychopaths in general... The Master (Doctor Who), Deadshot/ Malcolm Merlyn (Arrow), Moriarty... I don't know why, but they all seem very interesting/ fascinating to me.

The second and the third place would probably go to Sherlock and Mycroft (or Mrs Hudson. She's also really great.)

Anderson is also funny in a way, but I wouldn't call him a favourite character of mine... But I prefer him to Donovan. She's the one character in the series I really don't like (okay, I don't like Magnussen either.) She just seems so... I've no idea, I just don't like her

September 18, 2015 3:17 pm  #100

@Vhanja

@RavenMorganLeigh

Completely with you in this. The man deserves his own series. I'll go one step further. He's my favourite character after Sherlock. John? Which John? What John? John who?

Last edited by dioscureantwins (September 18, 2015 3:19 pm)

Board footera