BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2014 7:23 pm  #32181

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Exactly my thought: Petition - can we please have the cheekbones back? The cheekbones are paramount. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 23, 2014 7:24 pm  #32182

I don't like it when they do that. Such a pretty face............. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 23, 2014 7:29 pm  #32183

Well, we wanted him to work again. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 23, 2014 7:31 pm  #32184

Everything for the role. And as I can see Bulger doesn't have so visible cheekbones so they cannot keep Benedict's cheekbones. Cruel reality

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 23, 2014 7:31 pm  #32185

It probably won't mean anything to anyone, but in these two pics he looks like a mixture of Patrick Swayze and the actor who played Ianto in "Torchwood".

And oh well... cheekbones are paramount indeed, but let's be grateful that they aren't really gone.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 23, 2014 7:44 pm  #32186

I can totally see that!

And I do miss the cheekbones too...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 23, 2014 7:45 pm  #32187

Since we all seem to miss those cheekbones already...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 23, 2014 7:50 pm  #32188

Solar, you know how to restore balance to the universe

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 23, 2014 7:51 pm  #32189

SolarSystem wrote:

It probably won't mean anything to anyone, but in these two pics he looks like a mixture of Patrick Swayze and the actor who played Ianto in "Torchwood".

And oh well... cheekbones are paramount indeed, but let's be grateful that they aren't really gone.

I see a bit of the young Roger Moore.... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 23, 2014 7:51 pm  #32190

Awh now there they are! And in B/W

I'm not going to cope am I?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 23, 2014 7:56 pm  #32191

MartaSt wrote:

Aaahh, what a lovely thing to say...! Thanks, love!

June 23, 2014 8:00 pm  #32192

SolarSystem wrote:

MartaSt wrote:

Aaahh, what a lovely thing to say...! Thanks, love!

You are welcome, dear

"

June 23, 2014 8:00 pm  #32193

SolarSystem wrote:

Since we all seem to miss those cheekbones already...

Thank you. 

June 23, 2014 8:13 pm  #32194

SusiGo wrote:

Exactly my thought: Petition - can we please have the cheekbones back? The cheekbones are paramount. 

This.  I don't think physical resemblance is that important, he'd sell us Bulger with no costume and make-up  
I'm joking but I hope he can speak normally with those pads.

His hair looks so fair when he is outside...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 23, 2014 8:13 pm  #32195

You're welcome, Susi. And btw, your b/w and sepia pic were both just ...!

Here's one more:

Last edited by SolarSystem (June 23, 2014 8:17 pm)

June 23, 2014 8:25 pm  #32196

I think this is the best photo of Alan so far

"

June 23, 2014 8:32 pm  #32197

Btw, sideburns instead of cheekbones...!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq13VG-CAAEZqo6.png

Last edited by SolarSystem (June 23, 2014 8:36 pm)

June 23, 2014 8:42 pm  #32198

Nothing is gonna replace cheekbones but at least it's something

"

June 23, 2014 8:43 pm  #32199

Marta wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

This.  I don't think physical resemblance is that important, he'd sell us Bulger with no costume and make-up  
I'm joking but I hope he can speak normally with those pads.

His hair looks so fair when he is outside...

This is what makes him a great actor - his ability to morph into the role so much that we hardly recognize him.  I find it fascinating.  I heard similar "complaints" when he became Asange.  Fans didn't like the way he looked.  Well, he can't look the same - meaning look like himself- in every part he plays.  He becomes the character.  The cheekbones will have to go this time.  BTW - I thought he was playing Willy Bulger, not his brother.  Don't tell me this is another bit part!

June 23, 2014 8:44 pm  #32200

Johnny Depp is playing the lead, Whitey Bulger, the gangster. Benedict is Billy, the politician. 

And another pic:

http://cumberbum.tumblr.com/post/89685101616/an-edit-a-day-benedict-cumberbatch-331

Board footera