BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2014 9:23 pm  #3101

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

This line from a case transcript totally makes your day: "My name is Detective ____ and the address here is 221B..."

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 18, 2014 9:30 pm  #3102

.... when the soundtrack of SHERLOCK makes you dive and fly at once....

SHERLOCK ♥
I have to thank you for the inspiration you give to me.
You made me change my mind in so many ways.

June 18, 2014 9:51 pm  #3103

When you're convinced your sugar's been drugged

June 18, 2014 9:52 pm  #3104

When going through hundreds of paper files at the hospital with childrens names on them... and one of the last names is 'Shack' and you manage to read it was 'Sherlock'... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 19, 2014 4:38 pm  #3105

When you watch a documentary about Cornwall & Devon on telly, a man is standing on a rock at Dartmoor and your mind changes him into a man with dark curly hair ... 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 19, 2014 5:06 pm  #3106

When you are listening with pleasure new age music. Your eyes are closed and you are relaxed. And then you see Sherlock scampering in dark corridors.
(oh, he drives me crazy)

SHERLOCK ♥

June 22, 2014 8:08 pm  #3107

... a third stranger in a week says to you, "Oh, so THAT'S why so-and-so refers to you as the pink lady" you don't think, "Okay, this is getting embarassing. I need a new signature colour," but rather, "Wow, cosplaying at a Sherlock convention would be a no brainer!"

(I actually found a coat very similar to Jennifer Wilson's at a charity shop yesterday, but it was at least two sizes too big. *sighs*)

Mary

June 22, 2014 9:42 pm  #3108

When you have an English exam in two days and you do a revision, and all sentences you make up to remember some tricky words are somehow connected with Sherlock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 22, 2014 9:59 pm  #3109

When you're opening up wine bottles and find they're called 'Sapio'. And your brain remembers that Sapio-sexual means being attracted to intelligence and the next thing you hear inside your mind is "Brainy's the new sexy"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 23, 2014 7:42 pm  #3110

You've been reading fanfiction until past midnight and think to youself... would my neighbours really mind if I practiced my violin for a bit now...

June 23, 2014 7:49 pm  #3111

Sapio-sexual - cool! I have to investigate!

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when....

You are happy that your husband comes later at home because of graduading an advanced training. So you can watch a Sherlock-film comfortably allone.

SHERLOCK ♥

June 23, 2014 8:06 pm  #3112

Guinevere81 wrote:

You've been reading fanfiction until past midnight and think to youself... would my neighbours really mind if I practiced my violin for a bit now...

LOL! That's one thing I love about my new cottage out in the country is that I can play my recorder at all hours to unwind! I work for myself and tend keep odd hours depending on my caseload, so I found it really hard when I had a flat in the city to keep quiet during nighttime so the neighbours wouldn't hate me. I think Sherlock and I would make great flatmates.

Mary

June 23, 2014 8:09 pm  #3113

Oh, exciting... I played the recorder (soprano, alto and tenor) for eleven years before I changed to the violin.... I used to love it... I just found it an instrument that was so hard to find a use for.
Have you played long?

June 23, 2014 8:27 pm  #3114

I've been playing the soprano recorder for about 18 months now and am trying the learn the alto, but haven't found as many beginner resources for it as a I did for the soprano, the learning curve is steeper. I have just about zero musical aptitude and picked up the recorder because it's so basic. I play for myself, although I did get talked into playing some Christmas carols at the holiday gathering I got dragged to this past winter and was told I did a nice job of it.

My brain tends to race a million miles a minute and playing focuses me and helps me unwind before bed. It's also really good for rebooting my brain when I'm trying to solve a problem/puzzle related to the field I blog about, giving me a fresh perspective. So Sherlock's violin playing is definitely one thing about his character that I get!

Mary

June 24, 2014 7:36 pm  #3115

...when you watch an episode of "Doctor Who" (first season, no Moffat involved) and people who are talking on the phone all hear a voice saying "Watson, come here, I need you" - and you immediately think that must be Sherlock speaking. (In truth it's a quote of Alexander Graham Bell and the very first sentence he spoke on the phone.)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 24, 2014 7:38 pm  #3116

That episode always have me thinking the same thing, Solar! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 24, 2014 7:40 pm  #3117

See living in Scotland, I'm afraid Bell would win out here...Steven being a Scot too, of course!

Last edited by besleybean (June 24, 2014 7:41 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 25, 2014 12:37 am  #3118

When the best part of your day is finding out a long awaited fanfic is completed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 25, 2014 2:52 pm  #3119

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when:
1.You force all of your family members/friends/stray cats and dogs to watch it because "IT'S SO BLOODY AWESOME"
2.You constantly say to people to "do their research" when you know they're wrong
3.Every time you decide to do something,then change your mind and somebody asks you why is that,you reply,"I'm soooo changeable!" (in HIS voice)

p.s. I need help.

June 25, 2014 3:18 pm  #3120

Selene wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when:
1.You force all of your family members/friends/stray cats and dogs to watch it because "IT'S SO BLOODY AWESOME"
2.You constantly say to people to "do their research" when you know they're wrong
3.Every time you decide to do something,then change your mind and somebody asks you why is that,you reply,"I'm soooo changeable!" (in HIS voice)

p.s. I need help.

Don't fret deary.  You're in good company here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera