BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2014 5:44 pm  #221

Re: National Theatre "Live"- Frankenstein

Fingers crossed that we all will be able to see this in October

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 19, 2014 5:44 pm  #222

*fingers crossed for the states*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 19, 2014 6:25 pm  #223

It is early days yet and even here it isn't always easy to find the NT Live screenings on cinema websites. Other cinemas will no doubt be added to the list because it isn't being screened until 30 October (to coincide with Hallowe'en I think. Which is a clever piece of marketing, if I ever saw one).  Anyway, just having gone through via NT link and to my local cinema you cannot book tickets yet.

Last edited by Davina (June 19, 2014 7:02 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 19, 2014 10:59 pm  #224

This is great!  Since it won't be shown until the end of October, I think it quite likely that it'll be a while before tickets are on sale.  I found it useful to sign up for email updates direct from The National Theatre: https://secure.nationaltheatre.org.uk/ntliveRegister  to get the most up-to-date info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 20, 2014 4:58 am  #225

So I saw it yesterday, in Munich.. I'm still absolutely blown away. It was so impressive, the story, the acting, the set design.. Absolutely amazing. I'm sure it will stay with me for a very long time. And now I need to see the other version, too..
I also liked that there was a little introduction in which Benedict talked about his preparations for the role  .

June 20, 2014 5:05 am  #226

So glad you liked it
Did you see Benedict as Frankenstein or the creature?

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 20, 2014 5:40 am  #227

As the creature. What a role..

June 20, 2014 6:46 am  #228

That's the version I hope to see

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 20, 2014 8:35 am  #229

Oh yes, him as creature ... this version is absolutely amazing. Such an intense acting ... can't remember to see that any time before. I would also like to see Benedict as Frankenstein one day. But if I would have the choose to see it only one time again I would certainly prefer the "creature version" because it was mind blowing.
And no good looking actor is distracting you. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 20, 2014 8:41 am  #230

I absolutely agree. I think I would only watch him as Frankenstein if I also had the chance to see him again as the Creature. This is too good to be missed. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 20, 2014 11:29 am  #231

"National Theatre Live’s thrilling broadcast of Frankenstein returns to cinemas for a limited time, due to unprecedented audience demand."

"Unprecedented audience demand" actually translates to "psychotic Cumberbatch fangirls on their knees begging."        

Last edited by tonnaree (June 20, 2014 11:31 am)

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 20, 2014 12:01 pm  #232

tonnaree wrote:

"National Theatre Live’s thrilling broadcast of Frankenstein returns to cinemas for a limited time, due to unprecedented audience demand."

"Unprecedented audience demand" actually translates to "psychotic Cumberbatch fangirls on their knees begging."        

Did you see me???????????????????????????????????????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

June 20, 2014 12:14 pm  #233

gently69 wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Did you see me???????????????????????????????????????

No, sorry Gently, I was on the ground myself.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 20, 2014 3:56 pm  #234

I think your assessement is accurate, gently!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 21, 2014 7:19 pm  #235

Although I really want to watch it for JLM's work as well (don't judge me, but I am a big fan of his too).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 21, 2014 7:21 pm  #236

He is excellent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 22, 2014 5:47 pm  #237

Looks like there are tickets at the Maidenhead Odeon for both Benedict as the creature and as Frankenstein.  One on 30th October and one on 6th November.

I'm happy to get tickets if anyone wants to come with me???  (But please let me know as soon as possible as don't want to miss out!!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

June 22, 2014 5:48 pm  #238

Both roles? Oh ... I want that too!!! Here in Germany!!! Please!!!

(Tony Hadley)

June 22, 2014 5:53 pm  #239

I know, I feel really lucky that I have this not far from me and I don't want to miss out but as you choose seats when you book would be good to see if anyone else wants to come too.  Just hope I don't leave it too long.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

June 22, 2014 5:54 pm  #240

Yes, don't wait too long. That's a treat!

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera