BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2014 12:28 pm  #61

Re: Game of Thrones

Last episode of this series tonight. Am I excited? Am I? Eek! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 16, 2014 2:05 pm  #62

Davina wrote:

Last episode of this series tonight. Am I excited? Am I? Eek! 

Hope you love it!  I really did.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 18, 2014 1:25 am  #63

Another incredible season ending. No throne is safe!

June 18, 2014 2:32 pm  #64

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 18, 2014 2:53 pm  #65

It was a great episode on top of a great season.  My favorite scene from the episode was easily Melisandre staring at Jon through the flames...*cue foreshadowing*  Love it.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

June 18, 2014 10:31 pm  #66

Wow! What a final episode that was. I admit it, I cried, even though it was for a character who, to all intents and purposes, may not deserve it (I think he does though). That scene through the flames was excellent and poor John. And the dragons...blimey...throw out your one faithful advisor one week and then have to lock up two of your dragons the next, with another crazy one on the loose- not doing so well is she. So  much went on I think I need to watch it again...if I'm brave enough. And the ending...well I never! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 18, 2014 11:41 pm  #67

Davina wrote:

Wow! What a final episode that was. I admit it, I cried, even though it was for a character who, to all intents and purposes, may not deserve it (I think he does though). That scene through the flames was excellent and poor John. And the dragons...blimey...throw out your one faithful advisor one week and then have to lock up two of your dragons the next, with another crazy one on the loose- not doing so well is she. So much went on I think I need to watch it again...if I'm brave enough. And the ending...well I never!

I cried when Jon and Tormund talked about how Ygritte belonged in the "real north", and then I cried more when he took her there to burn her.  I also cried when we saw Grenn and Pyp on the pyre, and oh man, did I cry when the shepherd brought the charred bones of his daughter into Dany's court.  That guy was amazing.  I cheered a few times, too- for Stannis (oh yeah) and during Brienne and the Hound's fight.  It was an emotional rollercoaster, start to finish. I wish we didn't have to wait an entire year XD

June 19, 2014 6:39 pm  #68

I cried when Arya wouldn't put The Hound out of his misery. What a sad, brutalised and brutal life he had.  And he only fought Brienne to protect Arya and what her wishes were. 

June 19, 2014 6:43 pm  #69

Davina wrote:

I cried when Arya wouldn't put The Hound out of his misery. What a sad, brutalised and brutal life he had. And he only fought Brienne to protect Arya and what her wishes were.

That was a great scene, Maisie was amazing- the look she gave him was so cold.

I didn't cry, but that's probably because I've been wanting Arya to go to Braavos for so long, I was happy that it was finally happening XD

June 20, 2014 9:41 am  #70

Rory McCann did a fine, fine job too in that scene.

June 20, 2014 11:25 am  #71

The Hound was perfectrly cast.  Such a tragic character.  

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 21, 2014 7:38 pm  #72

Agreed Tonnaree. It is not an easy thing to gain sympathy for a 'difficult' character but this was done really well.

June 21, 2014 8:32 pm  #73

One character that I hated in the books but loved in the show was Ser Alliser Thorne.

July 26, 2014 2:41 am  #74

Season 5 Casting Video (not really spoilerish):

I was so, SO happy to hear that Alexander Siddig will be playing Prince Doran Martell...he was always my first choice.

Also, we got a Season 4 Blooper Reel:

July 26, 2014 9:48 pm  #75

Oh, that's great news! Dr. Bashir has always been my favorite character in DS9 and I am happy to see Alexander Siddig frequently in movies/TV.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 22, 2015 6:18 pm  #76

So, thought I'd drop a bit of news here concerning Season 5:

1. The new season starts April 12th.

2. Episodes 9 and 10 of Season 4 will be airing in select IMAX theaters in North American for a full week starting January 29th.  This will include an exclusive 3 minute preview of Season 5, the first trailer for the new season.  Here's the trailer:

3. A behind-the-scenes feature called "A Day in the Life" will air at 7:30 pm Eastern/6:30 Central on Feb. 8th on HBO and HBO go.  Here's the trailer:

I don't know about you, but I'm really excited :D

January 22, 2015 6:34 pm  #77

Very excited to see Jonothan Pryce too!

GOT premieres the same weekend as 221b.con, so much to look foward to!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 22, 2015 6:39 pm  #78

Also, not sure if anyone plays the game, but Telltale just released the trailer for Episode 2 of their Game of Thrones game:

The story actually interweaves with the television series' story, and we get the real characters from the story (with the voices from the actual actors).  I played episode 1, and it was incredibly fun.  I can't wait to get episode 2.

January 22, 2015 7:01 pm  #79

tonnaree wrote:

Very excited to see Jonothan Pryce too!

GOT premieres the same weekend as 221b.con, so much to look foward to!

I'm excited to see him as the High Sparrow.  He will be perfect for that part

I have tickets to see the IMAX special next Thursday night.  Obviously the episodes are from last season, but I absolutely want to see them on the big screen.  And the promise of a 3 minute trailer is pretty awesome, too.

Hope you enjoy the con :D

January 22, 2015 7:15 pm  #80

I think I still have about 200 pages of the 1st book to finish...then I can start catching up with the dvds!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera