BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 17, 2014 7:02 pm  #141

Re: Sein letzter Schwur (HLV), German TV ARD, June 9, 2014

That´s definitely true!! And while the husband is watching the worldcup again, I think I´m going to watch TEH now in the original version for the first time!

June 17, 2014 7:06 pm  #142

Have fun! And now you know the Les Mis joke. I did not get when I watched it for the first time (English, no subtitles). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 17, 2014 7:13 pm  #143

SusiGo wrote:

Feel free to open a thread. 

Do you know this site? 

http://www.wortweide.de

Very nice!
I miss "Goldrückenrüsselhündchen" in there, though. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 17, 2014 8:01 pm  #144

Germansherlockfan wrote:

And I´m really impressed how well you all know the german and english transcript of the episodes, I just watched season 3 in german once and I can´t even remember when and where the word "offenkundig" was used.

"Offenkundig" is a word Sherlock uses quite often, whenever he says "obviously" in the OV.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 20, 2014 8:13 am  #145

I had no idea where else to put this. These are Benedict's German voices. It seems they have reduced them to two by now although I do see a pattern in there. It does not depend on whether it is a cinema or a TV production. And it does not depend on the type of character he is playing either. 

Filme
von Till Endemann (als Stephen Hawking) in "Hawking - Die Suche nach dem Anfang der Zeit" (2004) 
von Michael Bideller (als William Pitt) in "Amazing Grace" (2006) [Synchro (2011)] 
von Charles Rettinghaus (als Patrick Watts) in "Starter for 10" (2006) [Synchro 2008] 
von Christian Weygand (als Paul Marshall) in "Abbitte" (2007) 
von Jens-Holger Kretschmer (als William Carey) in "Die Schwester der Königin" (2008) 
von Dennis Schmidt-Foß (als Vermittler) in "Four Lions" (2010)
von Christian Weygand (als Nick Phillips) in "Whistleblower - In geheimer Mission" (2010) 
von Tommy Morgenstern (als James) in "Third Star" (2010) [Synchro (2013)] 
von Tommy Morgenstern (als Peter Guillam) in "Dame, König, As, Spion" (2011) 
von Sascha Rotermund (als Major Jamie Stewart) in "Gefährten" (2011) 
von Sascha Rotermund (als 'Smaug') in "Der Hobbit: Smaugs Einöde" (2013) 
von Sascha Rotermund (als Little Charles Aiken) in "Im August in Osage County" (2013)
von Sascha Rotermund (als Julian Assange) in "Inside WikiLeaks - Die fünfte Gewalt" (2013) 
von Sascha Rotermund (als John Harrison / Khan Noonian Singh) in "Star Trek Into Darkness" (2013) 

Serien
von Tim Knauer (als Rory Slippery) in "Dr. Slippery" (2003) 
von Tommy Morgenstern (als Sherlock Holmes) in "Sherlock" (2010-) 
von Tommy Morgenstern (als Christopher Tietjens) in "Parade's End - Der letzte Gentleman" (2012) 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 20, 2014 8:16 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 20, 2014 8:25 am  #146

That's interesting, Susi. Thank you for posting it. I wonder how they come to choose the dubbing voices. If I had to decide I would always choose voices which sound as near to the original as possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 20, 2014 8:27 am  #147

First I had the idea that they used a deeper voice for Smaug and Khan but then I realised he has the same voice in AOC. 

June 20, 2014 8:31 am  #148

Thank you Susi.

gently69 wrote:

That's interesting, Susi. Thank you for posting it. I wonder how they come to choose the dubbing voices. If I had to decide I would always choose voices which sound as near to the original as possible.

I would do the same. But maybe they try to choose the voice fitting to the character? Somehow?
What about: "One star, one dubbing-voice"? Probably not famous enough, yet?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 20, 2014 8:34 am  #149

But Khan and Little Charles are not exactly similar. Whereas there are similiarities between Sherlock and Assange. He is either not famous enough or they are a bit helpless because of the versatilitly of his voice. 

June 20, 2014 8:38 am  #150

Yeah, okay, the different dialects can also be a reason that can't concentrate on one voice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 20, 2014 8:58 am  #151

Sometimes it might just be due to schedules that one actor isn't available and they have to go with another one. But they seem to go with only two actors lately, which is a step in the right direction.
I couldn't even say which one out of those two I like better. I think Sascha is closer to Benedict's voice, but in S3 it really seemed as if Tommy's voice sounds a bit deeper and darker and velvety.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera