BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2014 11:17 am  #341

Re: The Imitation Game

I read the reactions on twitter this morning and was literally shaking with excitement. I cannot wait to see it, and I cannot wait to see the plaudits that are clearly coming his way. 

I have a feeling there's going to be a Sunday night in Feburary where I don't sleep and go through my body weight in tissues and wine through nerves and emotion.

I think we are in the fandom at a truly magical time. What a journey to be able to share and celebrate with him....

I'm clueing for looks

June 19, 2014 11:26 am  #342

It would have been such a perfect film for the Berlin film festival next year, too bad it has its premiere already in November, but on the other hand, it comes right out before award season which is really awsome too!
And if there will be a german premiere maybe the germans here can meet up and go all together, that would be so much fun and a very unique experience!

June 19, 2014 12:32 pm  #343

This is amazing! I thought I will be patient while waiting for this film but hearing such wonderfull news I'm not totally convinced right now  and you're right Solar and claire - his nomination or winning would be fete not only for him but also for all his fans, that will be such a great experience 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 19, 2014 3:46 pm  #344

Awh that is so good to hear! Dying to see this. And to see him nominated for an Oscar. I know it is going happen one day! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 19, 2014 7:32 pm  #345

First full-length and somewhat mixed review which nevertheless has a lot of good things to say about Benedict. 

http://dudeufugly.tumblr.com/post/89283286852/first-the-imitation-game-review-from-imdb-he-is-the

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 19, 2014 7:52 pm  #346

Hmmm sounds a little bit like most of the Fifth Estate reviews which said "Weak film but with brillianlty played main character." But I don't want to make my opinion yet, and if so many people say that it's Benedict's worth - Oscar role I'm waiting for this film even more (if that's even possible).

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 19, 2014 7:55 pm  #347

Yes, of course it is only one opinion. And we know how much reviews can vary. I just put it here because it was the first detailed review. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 19, 2014 8:05 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 19, 2014 8:06 pm  #348

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, of course it is only one opinion. And we know how much reviews can vary.

Exactly. This opinion is a little bit sceptical but I've read much more and they said that whole IG is brilliant. I'm not a type who is blindly following reviews so I will patiently (if possible) wait till November and then make my own review

Btw, after months of silence there are suddenly lots of new information about film - means that we will be able to see trailer soon? Really hope so.

Last edited by MartaSt (June 19, 2014 8:06 pm)

"

June 19, 2014 8:07 pm  #349

So do I. And we do not even have a release date for Germany. 

June 19, 2014 8:07 pm  #350

June 19, 2014 8:10 pm  #351

SusiGo wrote:

So do I. And we do not even have a release date for Germany. 

I'm not even counting that IG will be in Poland. But I guess that in German will be approximately at the same time as in UK. Fingers crossed

"

June 19, 2014 8:12 pm  #352

TFE was released at the same time but we had to wait quite a long time for 12 Years and even longer for August Osage County. 

June 19, 2014 8:17 pm  #353

In my country almost every film is released later than worlds premiere - we got used to it But I'm surprise a little, I thought that most of Europe has films premieres almost at the same time as world and only Poland is as usually late.

Last edited by MartaSt (June 19, 2014 8:18 pm)

"

June 19, 2014 8:19 pm  #354

No. "12 Years" was released at the end of January and "AOC" only in March. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 19, 2014 8:20 pm)

June 19, 2014 8:24 pm  #355

Wow, you've waited till March to see "AOC"?? I see it's not as bad in my country as I thought.

"

June 19, 2014 8:26 pm  #356

Yes, I did. But as I said, with TFE and also with STID it was much better. No idea what the reasons are. Of course they have to dub the film but when it works with some films it should work with all. 

June 19, 2014 8:31 pm  #357

I always wonder, if you don't mind me asking, in Germany most of films are dubbed right? And in cinemas you can only have dub version or you can choose between dub and subtitle version?

"

June 19, 2014 8:35 pm  #358

All films are dubbed. In big cities there are cinemas which show the original version of some chosen films. But in general you have to wait for the DVD to watch the original version. 

June 19, 2014 9:33 pm  #359

The review was an interesting one, and I had wondered how they'd juxtapose Alan Turing the code breaker with Alan Turing the troubled man...I'm sorry to read that the reviewer found it disjointed.
We have to see for ourselves, though.
I just hope that people review Benedict the Actor (as this person has) and not Benedict the guy with the huge internet following, which might prejudice them.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 19, 2014 9:37 pm  #360

What struck me a bit was the fact that the reviewer called him closeted. Despite the legal situation he was pretty open about his sexuality. He never really tried to hide his being gay. 

Board footera