BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2014 1:02 pm  #1

The Lady Magazine

Some short article on Benedict in The Lady Magazine:

http://sherlock-addict.tumblr.com/post/88697407946/anyo-haseyo-benedict-cumberbatch-on-the-front

Nothing earth-shattering - but the photograph on the cover is to die for

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 18, 2014 2:35 pm  #2

Re: The Lady Magazine

Why are all the headlines on the cover somehow Sherlock related to me?? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 18, 2014 2:46 pm  #3

"First word: helicopter". Why would you learn a short word when you can learn a long one?

I agree about the cover photo - it's breathtaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 18, 2014 9:28 pm  #4

Mattlocked wrote:

Why are all the headlines on the cover somehow Sherlock related to me??

Oh, you think so too?  Then I am not the only one who sees this. 
Apart from "Asparagus" almost everything on that page seemed like a Sherlock reference to me.
I almost suspected the cover being a photoshop. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 18, 2014 9:36 pm  #5

Well, the magazine's title surely would be "The Woman" then..... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 18, 2014 9:38 pm  #6

Maybe they rename it after this issue. 

Board footera