BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2014 6:08 pm  #261

Re: Letters Live

Yes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

June 8, 2014 6:10 pm  #262

Well I'd be up for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 8, 2014 7:43 pm  #263

Might be interesting

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 8, 2014 8:07 pm  #264

Biggles I would LOVE TO!!

Everybody who went to Hay has been talking about letters and I've already had one from Rebecca ;)

I'm stills basking in a post-Hay glow but it's not helped my crush at all, it's just made it worse. Knowing those eyes have looked directly in mine...

I'm a mess!!

I'm clueing for looks

June 8, 2014 8:19 pm  #265

Yep, I'm still swimming in the post-Hay blues. I can't believe it's all been over for a week...

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

June 8, 2014 8:29 pm  #266

I know, I just finished writing up my diary entries today, can't believe it took me a week but I didn't want to forget anything!!  I know it may sound trite but my life feels different now, like it has a new purpose.  Not sure what it is but there's something just different going on!!

Glad you don't all think I'm being weird, I wasn't sure whether to say anything, but a week on I still feel inspired by what we heard and wondered about doing something about it!!  Thank you for not calling me mad!!   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 8, 2014 8:34 pm  #267

Hun you aren't alone I feel exactly the same. For many of us it was the first time we had gone to an event because of Benedict and through him have been invigorated and inspired in equal measure.

Oh to have five minutes of his time to properly convey my thanks for all he and his work has done for me these past few months. It's been the best year of my life and it's all through him. Might sound ridiculous but I would never have met all of you, picked up my pencils again, looked at life with fresh perspective, re-learned Shakespeare - even thought I'd like to try my hand at acting.

But mainly it has been the friends. And what better way than to get writing letters? I think it's fab!!

Xx

I'm clueing for looks

June 8, 2014 9:22 pm  #268

It's a wonderful idea, I'd love to write some letters To make some friends, talk about Benedict and everything else, and maybe improve my English a bit? Sounds great!

I think Benedict would be happy to know about the impact his work had on you, clare. You don't sound ridiculous at all, he is inspiring and has an impact on a lot of people, me included. I'm sure he'd like the idea with letters, too

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 8, 2014 9:26 pm  #269

I would be up for a letter exchange.  How should we go about it?

I think of all the letters he read the one of Kurt Vonnegut's that he read was my personal favorite.  I love KV's books and the subject of the letter is very important to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs845wKLldM

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 8, 2014 9:33 pm  #270

I've barely had time for any post Hay blues. I shall solemnly swear never to take time off work the week before a major meeting I play a key role in. This week was super crazy, and today is the first day I've had in two weeks that I have to myself. It feels good to breathe, even though it's 33 degrees out.

But enough ranting. I used to write multiple page letters when I was a teen, i.e. before the internet. I would love to take that up again. We could also do it simpler and write postcards for those who don't want to write so much.

June 8, 2014 9:42 pm  #271

What a lovely idea
I've got a bit of a downer on social media at the moment; I think it's about time that letter writing made a comeback instead!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 8, 2014 9:44 pm  #272

That would be very interesting experience. Although I probably haven't written any letter in my entire life. But, I guess there is first time for everything

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 8, 2014 9:46 pm  #273

Hay was the first Benedict event I have ever been to and it exceeded all my expectations.  I love your post, clareiow, i think it was so open and honest.  It was great to meet you and the others in the queue on the Saturday - and your drawings are so amazing.  Did you meet Benedict, when you say his eyes looked directly at you?  Did you get your drawing signed?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
"You get to see a guy who’s just slightly on the edge of being different, and he’s a hero for people who feel they are different or maybe slightly on the edge of society.” Benedict Cumberbatch

June 8, 2014 10:37 pm  #274

Hi Deb welcome!!! It was lovely to meet you too ;) and thank you I'm so glad you like my drawings! X

Yes I did meet him, albeit briefly, about 4pm on the Saturday! I've written an account of it on this thread, about page 12 I think! Scroll through and you should find it.

Id happily type it all again (still buzzing!) but I think I'll bore everyone else lol!

Sadly no signature, not this time anyway. He definitely would've stopped if he'd had the time, he apologised three times!! I was just so happy to get the reaction I did. It's spurred me right on to get my Turing art started ;)

I'm clueing for looks

June 9, 2014 6:19 pm  #275

Hey Deb, you're here!!!  Have been hoping you would come and join us for much Benedict discussion, welcome welcome 

June 9, 2014 9:33 pm  #276

Hiya Biggles86
I must admit I struggled a bit to work out how this 'Forum' thingy worked.  I am such a dinasaur.

I had such a lovely time last weekend, I look back now and can't quite believe it.  I just wish I had done more, stayed longer and then that I could do it all over again.
It was lovely to meet you all - kindred spirits are a gorgeous thing!  Instead of my daughter telling me "If it's about Benedict Cumberbatch I don't want to know" - sad times.....................Honestly, anyone would think i was besotted.

Roll on Hamlet x

Last edited by DorsetDeb (June 9, 2014 9:38 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
"You get to see a guy who’s just slightly on the edge of being different, and he’s a hero for people who feel they are different or maybe slightly on the edge of society.” Benedict Cumberbatch

June 15, 2014 4:31 pm  #277

Right people, how are we going to do this?  Is there a way that we can post addresses securely??  As I've bored you all with saying I am technologically confused so may need help if we're going to use something clever 

June 16, 2014 6:16 am  #278

Hi Biggles, I sent you a private message with my address - did you get it? X

I'm clueing for looks

June 16, 2014 5:39 pm  #279

Keep an eye on your post lovely 

June 17, 2014 6:36 pm  #280

It´s really lovely to read through this thread, I could feel all your excitement and joy and it´s wonderful that you got to make the experience of seeing Benedict live all together. I´m truly happy that you all had such a great, special and unique time.
I hope I will be able to attend a similar event one day and meet some of the nice fans here from this forum. Seeing your idol live is so much more fun when you have the right people with you, people who appreciate it in the same way.
And I would love to see some of your drawings, Clare, I´m new here and don´t know yet where to find them.

Board footera