BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2014 12:49 pm  #1

Books on the Radio

We don't seem to have a specific thread for this so...

The BBC are very good at producing adaptations, serialisations and dramatisations (lots of tions there) of works of fiction. These are broadcast but are also then available on BBC I-player. I know lots of you are not in the UK but also know lots of you can listen into I-player (and watch TV) through various means. Anyway, I thought I'd start trying to flag up ones that appeal to me and might appeal to you. Sometimes we have mentioned ones such as Rumpole in the section on Benedict's non-Sherlock work but this is for all the others...

Ray Badbury's The Illustrated Man- Radio 4- Iain Glen as the title character

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? By Philip K. Dick (This was the basis for the film Blade Runner)- Radio 4 serialisation- James Purefoy as Roy Batty.

I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled for any other 'goodies'. For those for whom English is not their mother tongue (especially if you are studying English or wish to improve it) listening to stuff on the radio is great as there is less context to draw on and it really improves your 'ear'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera