BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2014 1:45 pm  #1

Slightly Book Compliant Moriarty Theory

So, I was doing a bit of research on ACD's books and I discovered some very interesting facts. Okay so PROFESSOR Moriarty apparently had a brother with the SAME name, JAMES Moriarty. PROFESSOR Moriarty also prefers to speak through an voice piece (like when he talked through the victims in The Great Game). No matter how many Moriarty theories I come up with, I always fall back on this one. This totally makes sense though. Think about it...

"When you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

June 15, 2014 4:43 am  #2

Re: Slightly Book Compliant Moriarty Theory

This is actually a really really good theory, and I've been thinking about it for a while now. Because, in a weird and twisted way Moffat and Gatiss would absolutely aprove of, it kinda makes sense.

It has a background (they both base almost everything on the books, just...rewrite it a bit. And gay it up.) and it, for once, makes it BELIEVABLE (Sherlock's fall, ahem ahem)

But the question that comes up in my mind while thinking this over. Let's call prof. Moriarty M1 and his brother M2. Because that's shorter to write. 

Which one did what? Was it M1 the whole time? No, M2 must have had some insight on his brother's game. (Did you miss me?) When was Sherlock dealing with M1? When with the other brother?  But, in 'The Adventure of the Final Problem' ACD says that Colonel James Moriarty is not as powerful and not even really fully into this criminal thingy. If even.
So, uh, does he want revenge? Or is he been involved from the very very start?

Sorry for the rant ^^ :3 

Plus, I think this topic kinda belongs to the season four thingy 

Last edited by InSpiritGolden (June 15, 2014 4:46 am)

I was filled with poison
But blessed with beauty and rage

June 18, 2014 6:44 pm  #3

Re: Slightly Book Compliant Moriarty Theory

Yeah, you're probably right about the wrong placing. Also, I'm glad you see my point in this theory.

"When you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

Board footera