BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2012 8:54 pm  #41

Re: Be Like Sherlock

Ah, so the zombie resurrection was successful!

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

A side effect of the violin/viola playing seems to be meal-skipping. I'll do a crazy 3 hour practice session and wind up skipping lunch. By the time I realize I've missed noon entirely it's just not worth it...

Very true. I tend to forget breakfast and lunch, played for six hours the other day, and missed dinner as well. Do you have a regular meal schedule? It would benefit you to have a snack handy to snatch up when necessary at odd times of the day.

July 5, 2012 3:53 am  #42

@Davina The left. Aka the wrong side. Come on, get it right. The only people who drive like you do are the Japanese and the rest of your colonies (and Guyana, inexplicably...). Regardless of which side of the road is the "right" side, I doubt that the traffic cops would agree with me if I told them it was the left. XD "I'm sorry, officer, but I do believe that I was driving on the right side. Oh, you say I was driving on the left? And that's not the correct side? Well, some Sherlock fans I know would beg to differ with you..."

@DarkMatter Your username=win. Forgot to say that in my welcome post. :D I don't really have a regular meal schedule because it's only my relatives and friends that keep me on track. The only meal that's non-negotiatable (for me) is breakfast. Everything else can be replaced by random food items at strange times here or there, especially when I'm alone.

Last edited by Smoggy_London_Air (July 5, 2012 8:03 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 5, 2012 6:53 pm  #43

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

@Davina The left. Aka the wrong side. Get it right. The only people who drive like you do are the Japanese and the rest of your colonies (and Guyana, inexplicably...). Regardless of which side of the road is the "right" side, I doubt that the traffic cops would agree with me if I told them it was the left. XD "I'm sorry, officer, but I do believe that I was driving on the right side. Oh, you say I was driving on the left? And that's not the correct side? Well, some Sherlock fans I know would beg to differ with you..."

@DarkMatter Your username=win. Forgot to say that in my welcome post. :D I don't really have a regular meal schedule because it's only my relatives and friends that keep me on track. The only meal that's non-negotiatable (for me) is breakfast. Everything else can be replaced by random food items at strange times here or there, especially when I'm alone.

Check this out:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125086852452149513.html
When I first heard this story, I thought it was a joke.

July 5, 2012 8:03 pm  #44

Correction: and now Samoa, strangely enough. I laughed a little bit. Poor Samoans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know; I saw.

July 5, 2012 8:47 pm  #45

I wouldn't say that. Have you SEEN them play rugby?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 5, 2012 11:59 pm  #46

No, I haven't, actually. Is it worth watching?

I didn't know; I saw.

July 6, 2012 5:21 am  #47

Yes, defintely! Especially Rugby Sevens. Fast and furious! These Pacific Islanders are awesome, like the Figians and Maoris. Tribal warfare transported.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 8, 2012 3:22 am  #48

I remember watching...I think it was Invictus. The All Blacks were seriously terrifying when the first came onto the pitch. American Football doesn't get anywhere close to that intense. I'm sure it's worth a watch. I'll take a look.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 31, 2012 10:58 pm  #49

Just one more step in my quest to be like Sherlock...I don't have a fireplace so the window was the nearest I could get. (I haven't told my mother yet).

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 12, 2012 12:17 am  #50

SH, will she put this on your rent?

...is that a corkscrew? 

Last edited by Smoggy_London_Air (August 12, 2012 12:17 am)

I didn't know; I saw.

August 15, 2012 4:58 pm  #51

Well, it's one of those pen knives that has a corkscrew with it yeah!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 15, 2012 4:54 am  #52

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Next time my mum tells me I should go to bed earlier, I'm going to tell her to "stop mycrofting me". 

I'm gonna have to steal that tonight...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 17, 2012 5:38 pm  #53

Yesterday I just found a really good book that covers a lot of this called 'The Sherlock Holmes Handbook' by Ransom Riggs. It's one of my favourite books now.

Last edited by horserider99 (October 17, 2012 5:39 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 17, 2012 5:49 pm  #54

I have that book, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 17, 2012 6:26 pm  #55

horserider99 wrote:

Yesterday I just found a really good book that covers a lot of this called 'The Sherlock Holmes Handbook' by Ransom Riggs. It's one of my favourite books now.

Is it canon-related?

October 17, 2012 6:28 pm  #56

Entirely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 18, 2012 4:07 am  #57

It's awesome. My sister liked it, and she's not a even a fan.

Board footera