BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2012 12:48 am  #1

Introductions are dull.

Not in general- just mine.

I only intended to post once or twice; I'm a lurker. However, as a new addition to the BBC Sherlock fan forum (and BBC Sherlock itself) whose interest is only catching fire rather than waning, I will likely be here to stay, thus, a greeting is in order. 

All of the members here appear very intelligent and friendly, and it is a pleasure to meet everyone! Virtual coffee or tea? -raises pot.-

I considered posting some biographical statements, as is customary for an introduction, but I'm not particularly interesting. Perhaps another time?

-DM

July 2, 2012 1:03 am  #2

Re: Introductions are dull.

We'd love for you to post Always love to chat with new people and meet new friends Welcome

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

July 2, 2012 1:11 am  #3

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

We'd love for you to post Always love to chat with new people and meet new friends Welcome

Thank you. :] I think this will be one of the first forums I will frequently post in.

July 2, 2012 1:18 am  #4

Hello DM! Glad our little forum has enticed you out of lurkdom. We love new faces and the viewpoints they bring.

Post away!

:-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 2, 2012 3:00 am  #5

Hey DM, you like Sherlock, therefore, you are interesting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 2, 2012 3:04 am  #6

DM - We're glad to have you, and I guarantee you have something interesting to say about yourself. It will come out eventually. Just post your SH thoughts and enjoy.

July 2, 2012 3:04 am  #7

Hi dark matter!!!  I'm the local kitty.   we are a great bunch here. You know,   I don't see anything wrong with just a bit of  info about oneself,  but,  this being the internet,  one DOES have to be careful.  I suppose the closest I've gotten to being personal here,  is  I  live in the USA  western states, (maybe I've divulged the state I live in, I dunno)   and i'm hearing impaired.   Other than that....I  just found a great bunch to talk Sherlock with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 2, 2012 3:25 am  #8

Welcome to the forum!

Have fun lurking around, but please share from time to time...none of us are experts; we're just all passionate about a bunch of different things, so it takes input from all of us to make the forum go round...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

July 2, 2012 4:59 am  #9

Hello Dark Matter. Welcome to the light side. I hope you have a great time here and I'm looking forward to your postings when you emerge from time-to-time from your lurkdom (great noun Wholocked).

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 2, 2012 2:41 pm  #10

Thank you for the welcomes.

Hah, nice logic, Hepzibah.

Sherlockskitty- agreed; some is fine, if one uses common sense and caution. I don't have a facebook or similar site account, and I am unused to leaving lurkdom (the word is certainly being added to my dictionary,) but I am sure I'll become more accustomed to this eventually.

I will enjoy posting here greatly. I am about to rewatch Sherlock- the first time, I allowed myself to be dazzled by its brilliance without thinking too much, so I probably missed some of it. I believe Sherlock is something that will get better each time I watch it again.

Last edited by Dark Matter (July 2, 2012 2:42 pm)

July 2, 2012 4:59 pm  #11

Dull? Your introduction?

Wrong!

July 2, 2012 8:40 pm  #12

Hi DM!

We now have a new thread where you can make general statements about yourself, so feel free to post away!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 3, 2012 1:18 am  #13

Hey ! Welcome = ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

July 3, 2012 6:03 am  #14

Sherlock- Thank you. I noticed that thread, and I intend to post there at some point. : )

Thank you, Milkomeda. I appreciate your signature.I made an offhand Schrödinger's cat joke not long ago, but the comedic effect was sadly lost on them, hah.

July 3, 2012 6:30 pm  #15

Hoi!
Welcome, Dark Matter (great name)!
I can see why you left your secure lurkdom... Sherlock is a show one can hardly resist to talk about!
Good to have you here ;)

July 4, 2012 8:02 pm  #16

Warning: watching it the second time is very different. That said, welcome to the forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 4, 2012 8:04 pm  #17

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

Warning: watching it the second time is very different. That said, welcome to the forum.

How so? Now I am curious. I plan to begin re-watching today.

Board footera