BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2012 5:41 pm  #41

Re: Free Rants

Here you go, Sammy...

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a bad time Skitty, maybe you should forget about the diet and cheer up with a nice packet of Y-K-W!

P.S. What on earth is a vacay?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 29, 2012 6:42 pm  #42

sherlockskitty wrote:

My rant for today--  I'm doing what I can,  to lose weight--  taking 2 walks around my block per day,  drinking lots of water,  not eating too much,  getting my apple aday...but nothing's helping!!   and my ears are hurting because I think I'm having a reaction to the new earmolds I've got now!!   Oh,  WHY  does this stuff happen?  I'm  going on vacay  next month!!

Hang in there, kitty... I never liked super-skinny cats, anyway! : )

Drop in good ol' South Carolina for vacation. We've got pretty nice beaches, 100 degree weather...on second thought, maybe you should head for Maine...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 29, 2012 6:49 pm  #43

Oh, Vacay-shun!
It's all this American slang, you see? I'm far too civilised to use it! (I'll use London slang instead!!) ;)

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 29, 2012 6:50 pm  #44

Tantalus - It's been that hot even here in Michigan! Thank goodness we have lots of lakes. And greenery.
Poor Sammy. I hope you can see the TV or computer from wherever you are lying. Get well soon.
Skitty - It is hard when any part of your head hurts. You have my sympathy.

June 29, 2012 6:56 pm  #45

I can attest to it being hot in Pennsylvania. It is near 100 F and wouldn't you know it, the AC in my car just went on the fritz!

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 29, 2012 7:22 pm  #46

We've been trying not to turn on the house AC this year--it's getting kinda sticky (literally...). Lots of big fans, ice water, etc. But, hopping in a hot car that's been sitting for awhile, I can't bear it. I feel your pain.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 29, 2012 7:38 pm  #47

I dream of ac in the house. Generally we don't have ac at home here. It was very hot and very humid yesterday, the humidity just makes it feel so much hotter so windows open at home in the evening and curtains pulled in the day. We should have shutters! Thankfully the cars have AC.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 29, 2012 11:44 pm  #48

Aww, thank you for that get well card, Molly!
And thank you Kitty and veecee!

We don't have air conditioner in our home or our car, haha :D (I know, right?!)
But luckily Germany isn't such a hot place...  sorry for you chaps suffering under the heat now!

And Kitty, sorry to hear about your problems :/. Ear pain is one of the worst, in my opinion!
and I wish you luck with your diet but if you're in despair, remember: It's only transport! ;)

June 30, 2012 4:34 am  #49

Davina wrote:

I dream of ac in the house. Generally we don't have ac at home here. It was very hot and very humid yesterday, the humidity just makes it feel so much hotter so windows open at home in the evening and curtains pulled in the day. We should have shutters! Thankfully the cars have AC.

As one comic said about hell, "I know it's hot, but is it humid?"

Last edited by veecee (July 4, 2012 6:04 pm)

July 4, 2012 6:07 pm  #50

Here's one:

Why do I have to sit through endless trailers for other shows/movies every time I put in the Season 2 DVD? Does anyone know a way around this? It is soooo annoying. There's one on the Season 1 DVD, but at least I can fast forward through that one.

July 4, 2012 6:46 pm  #51

veecee wrote:

Here's one:

Why do I have to sit through endless trailers for other shows/movies every time I put in the Season 2 DVD? Does anyone know a way around this? It is soooo annoying. There's one on the Season 1 DVD, but at least I can fast forward through that one.

Which edition do you have? Mine is the one from Amazon UK (I guess it's from BBC itself) and I don't have to watch any trailers

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 4, 2012 7:36 pm  #52

I''m going to have to look. I think I bought it in person at Barnes & Noble (bookstore) because I couldn't wait to have it delivered. Season 1 I bought online, either from Amazon or Barnes & Noble. If it was Amazon, that could be the difference. Thanks.

July 5, 2012 10:22 pm  #53

hi  everyone--for the dvd---just pop it in yur dvd,  press play,  and wait for the first spot to come on.  then  press NEXR  or FWD  on yur remote  and that shud get you to the menu.   I  bought both of my   sherlock dvds thru costco in USA,  and I'm able to do that  pretty well.   Sometimes I  forget and press MENU  before I  hit play,  and THEN  that   makes my dvd  go thru  the trailers.  So  it gets stuck.  Time was,  we could press MENU   and it wud go straight to the menu.  Nowadays  they've made it so we cannot do that.  GRRR.   

Thanks everyone for your well wishes .   Ears are not hurting that much now.  Got them cleaned out by an Ear  dr..    NOW  I  have another problem or two.   I  had a kidney stone and had to go to the ER  the day  before  our  4th  of july  holiday.   Then  my  back started hurting,  and I  could barely  move.   Right now it's  mildly  better  but I'm  still  having a hard time!!   Oh  and this 100 degree weather is so not helping,  either.  It's supposed to get hotter next week.  I  dislike the heat so much!!   Oh  and I need a new keyboard.  this one has letters disappearing and I've only had it for  6  months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 5, 2012 11:28 pm  #54

Poor SKitty - that fur coat you always wear makes the heat worse, I'm sure.

I've tried fast forwarding as soon as the FBI warning comes on, even though I know it won't work. And then I try throughout the trailers, hoping against hope that it will work this time. But it always comes up "not available" or something like that. Are you saying there's a magic moment I should hit the fast forward?

July 6, 2012 3:40 am  #55

My rant for the day:
I cannot go to the Maroon5 concert in September. So sad I've waited for so long for this...

Anyway, it's Friday. At least there's the weekend to look forward to.

July 6, 2012 5:56 am  #56

That's sad. I like Maroon5 too.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 6, 2012 5:12 pm  #57

My rant for today. Why, in heaven's name, do people lose all common-sense when they are driving when they see a horse box (lorry).

July 6, 2012 6:02 pm  #58

My today's rant in two German or four English words:
Waschmaschine = Totalschaden
Washing machine = total damage

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 6, 2012 7:52 pm  #59

Davina wrote:

My rant for today. Why, in heaven's name, do people lose all common-sense when they are driving when they see a horse box (lorry).

Huh? A truck? A pickup? A tractor-trailor? An 18-wheeler? A big rig? Or an actual horse trailer? Translation, please.

July 6, 2012 8:10 pm  #60

tobeornot221b wrote:

My today's rant in two German or four English words:
Waschmaschine = Totalschaden
Washing machine = total damage

Poor Tobe, that's annoying. And expensive  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera