BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 11, 2014 9:15 am  #31781

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

MartaSt wrote:

maryagrawatson wrote:

Yes!  That's a big part of why I think Sherlock sounds 'posher' and that Benedict sounds more like an average bloke, ie. like John.

Mary

Exactly my thoughts when I wrote about deep and shallow voice. You just put this in better words

And here's photo for picture thread

Oh, what a cutie!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 11, 2014 9:16 am  #31782

And this one is absolutely gorgeous!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 11, 2014 9:17 am  #31783

June 11, 2014 9:41 am  #31784

What a wonderful close-up, clare. Everything about that TuringBatch is so right, so absolutely right.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 11, 2014 10:03 am  #31785

I second this, Solar. Just watching the documentary about Turing which was aired on arte during my holiday. Can't wait to watch TIG!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 11, 2014 10:12 am  #31786

gently, that documentary actually brought tears to my eyes at one point...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 11, 2014 10:17 am  #31787

About Turning's personal fate?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

June 11, 2014 10:22 am  #31788

Oh, I still have to watch it. I find it in the arte Mediathek, I hope?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 11, 2014 10:24 am  #31789

Don't know. I recorded it.

(Tony Hadley)

June 11, 2014 10:29 am  #31790

gently, yes. Thinking about what he achieved and what a keen thinker he obviously has been... and it just didn't matter one bit in the end, because his sexuality was more important to some people. 

Mattlocked, I watched it again two days later in the Mediathek.

June 11, 2014 3:50 pm  #31791

Those two last pictures are so very, very swoon worthy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 11, 2014 4:16 pm  #31792

I don't know if this one has been posted before... I honestly can't even think right now...

Just... look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 11, 2014 4:28 pm  #31793

maryagrawatson wrote:

MartaSt wrote:

I don't know how to properly describe it but to me when Sherlock is speaking the voice is deeper, with strong timbre like coming from a throat. And Benedict's voice is more shallow and soft like coming from nose. For example when Sherlock is angry I definitely hear Benedict's voice, and when Sherlock is bored or he is doing deduction - then it's Sherlock's voice.

I still hear Sherlock's voice as softer than Ben's, but completely agree with your impression of where each voice comes from!

You might be onto something regarding emotional Sherlock sounding more like Benedict. For example, definitely Ben at the end of TGG, in both looks and voice. One of the only scenes I can think of off the top of my head that I know I don't have to remind myself that I'm watching Benedict Cumberbatch.

Notice no one else is commenting on this? The rest of the forum must be all, "Oh, Mary and Martha are complete nutters."

Mary

I just read your discussion and find it really interesting  There was one moment when I thought Benedict wasn't talking Sherlock's voice - when he was shouting to Magnussen before he shot him. But I assumed it was because we've never heard him shouting before. But now I watch the moments you mentioned, mary, and focus on Sherlock's voice and I think you can be onto something with the deep of his voice and his accent. And I think I agree with Marta's words about emotional Sherlock sounding more like Benedict. But I need more data. Are there more moments when you see Benedict in Sherlock, apart from the two you mentioned, mary?

Sorry I don't have Benedict's photo but I can assure you I enjoy every single one of those you posted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 11, 2014 4:37 pm  #31794

Oh, Phantom...Out and about catch poor fan girl souls,again?
I would prefer his buttons a bit loosened, though...
But whoah! does this shirt match with his eyes!

Last edited by mrshouse (June 11, 2014 4:38 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 11, 2014 5:02 pm  #31795

Marta wrote:

I just read your discussion and find it really interesting  There was one moment when I thought Benedict wasn't talking Sherlock's voice - when he was shouting to Magnussen before he shot him. But I assumed it was because we've never heard him shouting before.

Sure we have. "I DON'T KNOW IT!!!" (SIB about the safe code). Sherlock doesn't know "the code", but Ben doesn't know "it".

Sherlock shouts when John is in danger, apparently...

I can't think of any other scenes off the top of my head. The one in Many Happy Returns is the most jarring.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 11, 2014 5:57 pm  #31796

And what a GOOD evening you just made it! WHOa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 11, 2014 6:03 pm  #31797

Indeedy!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 11, 2014 6:13 pm  #31798

I know I have seen some of these before...

But excuse me while I THUD over here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 11, 2014 6:20 pm  #31799

Marta wrote:

Are there more moments when you see Benedict in Sherlock, apart from the two you mentioned, mary?

I'm not sure but I think I can hear Benedict instead of Sherlock in most scenes including Sherlock and Mycroft. And also in scene of EH when Sherlock is shouting to John "Shut up John I don't want everyone to know I'm still alive!". So to sum up - apparently Benedict always does the shouting

Oh Phanotm - this blue suit...

Last edited by MartaSt (June 11, 2014 6:22 pm)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 11, 2014 7:20 pm  #31800

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I know I have seen some of these before...

But excuse me while I THUD over here

Sheer hotness! 

Board footera