BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2012 10:09 am  #1

Radio Times Sherlock Week

This week is Sherlock Week in the Radio Times on-line (no idea how I only just found this out, they must have been keeping it a secret or something). Anyhow, there are lots or articles, quizzes etc. I have posted the quiz links separately as well on the quiz topic. Worth looking at.

www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-07-02/sherlock-week

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 4, 2012 10:58 am  #2

Re: Radio Times Sherlock Week

Did you guys see that video of the new sketch show? The Sherlock spoof is really hilarious!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 4, 2012 3:00 pm  #3

It won't let me watch it on my I-pad so I've got to get on a proper computer to see it.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 4, 2012 3:31 pm  #4

Thanks for the link, Davina.  The articles were interesting but I, being outside the UK, couldn't access the video.  The quizzes were fun; I got the "You were thinking--it's annoying" category for both.  Obviously it's time to watch the episodes again!  I really enjoyed the piece about dubbing the show into French, along with readers' comments at the end of that article.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 4, 2012 3:41 pm  #5

I can't watch the video either 

But I guess it won't take very long to get to see it in YouTube

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 4, 2012 4:52 pm  #6

Hopefully not long. It's bizarre! I'm in the UK but cannot see it either on this I-pad.

July 5, 2012 8:20 am  #7

I can see the video fine & I'm in Autralia.

Let me suss something out, I have an idea.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 5, 2012 8:31 am  #8

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 5, 2012 9:12 am  #9

I just watched the video of the French dubbing. Heavens, in Germany the actors do their best to get the pronunciation right, but the French are really merciless (anyone on the forum? Sorry, but this is really … strange). And they even translated "I am Sherlocked" into French. Why?? I mean, anybody should understand so much English. Je suis Sherlocké  .

Last edited by SusiGo (July 5, 2012 9:12 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 5, 2012 9:23 am  #10

Has anyone got an alternative link to the comedy sketch video? I can see the French dubbing one fine but can't watch the other

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 5, 2012 9:59 am  #11

Wholocked wrote:

Has anyone got an alternative link to the comedy sketch video? I can see the French dubbing one fine but can't watch the other

Yes, please, where are the technical geniuses?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 5, 2012 10:01 am  #12

I can't find an alternative.
But I have downloaded this: http://www.expatshield.com/

And now I can view the videos on BBC iplayer.
I'm not telling anyone to do it; and I am not guaranteeing anything.

I'm just sayin'.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 5, 2012 10:39 am  #13

Irene Adler wrote:

I can't watch the video either 

But I guess it won't take very long to get to see it in YouTube

Yup blocked for me too because I am not in UK. Sounds funny though

Disguise is always a self portrait

July 5, 2012 11:24 am  #14

Explanation for the French translation thingy. I suspect it is to do with the power of the Academie which decides in France how things are to be said. For instance they had a big debate on how in French to say 'men on the moon'. There has been a backlash in France against using English words or English-derived words e.g. Le pique-nique, Le weekend etc.

July 5, 2012 12:05 pm  #15

So what has inspired this 'Sherlock week' feature?
Seems odd timing that's all.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 5, 2012 10:50 pm  #16

Yeah it is a little strange. I'm not complaining. It's good to have things to keep us going during the Great Hiatus.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 7, 2012 7:49 am  #17

Kazza I thank you so much for the expat sheild link--  one question--  would  this erase my USA  IP  addy  on my  PC?  I   Hope this isn't a silly question---

Yeah,  they're dubbing this sherlock week  cos it's been six months since USA  saw the fall

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 7, 2012 7:57 am  #18

sherlockskitty wrote:

Kazza I thank you so much for the expat sheild link--  one question--  would  this erase my USA  IP  addy  on my  PC?  I   Hope this isn't a silly question---

Yeah,  they're dubbing this sherlock week  cos it's been six months since USA  saw the fall

No, it can't erase an addy. When you finish using it, close the program. Check that it is closed by using your task manager (push Ctrl, alt and del at the same time & check it is not still running, highlight and close it if it's running)
Your computer has the ability to regenerate a new IP addy when it needs to, you cannot lose it . It changes at times but that has no effect on you and you wouldn't even. Know it is happening really.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 9, 2012 12:48 pm  #19

Here we are; the video has been uploaded to YouTube; someone sent The Moff a link on Twitter & he's retweeted it!
Thanks Moff!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 9, 2012 2:17 pm  #20

kazza474 wrote:

So what has inspired this 'Sherlock week' feature?
Seems odd timing that's all.

Arthur Conan Doyle died on 7th July 1930.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

Board footera