BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2014 8:14 pm  #681

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

(sorry, dunno where to put this.  Some of us were concerned: amanda abbington ‏=13px@CHIMPSINSOCKS  1mI've had to pull out of the Monaco TV festival due to personal reasons. I'm very sorry I won't be able to make it. Hopefully next year. x)

Last edited by besleybean (June 5, 2014 8:15 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 5, 2014 8:42 pm  #682

besleybean wrote:

There are links to clips on Twitter now...oh and on the BBC radio website...radio 4, is it? I mean I think they will be on tomorrow.

Here are the links to all clips:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p020fc8w

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 5, 2014 8:50 pm  #683

besleybean wrote:

(sorry, dunno where to put this.  Some of us were concerned: amanda abbington ‏=13px@CHIMPSINSOCKS  1mI've had to pull out of the Monaco TV festival due to personal reasons. I'm very sorry I won't be able to make it. Hopefully next year. x)

I wonder what happened.
I hope she´s all right.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 5, 2014 8:51 pm  #684

I'm suspecting family illness...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 6, 2014 2:45 pm  #685

June 6, 2014 7:19 pm  #686

I was enjoying it. Definately enjoying it. 
Polar, you should put it everywhere

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 7, 2014 6:49 am  #687

Hi guys just a little couple of snippets!

If you're in Scotland (well done to Cumberbabe for the spot) Amazing Grace is on STV at 10.30pm tonight!

Also, there's strong rumours coming from Hollywood that Benedict is the front-runner for the new Marvel film Dr Strange. Reports suggest the film's makers are convinced he is the perfect candidate thanks to his intelligence and build (not too bulky). I shall keep eyes peeled! Apparently if the film goes ahead there'll be a 2016 release x

I'm clueing for looks

June 7, 2014 6:58 am  #688

Thanks Clare
That Dr Strange rumour has been floating around for a while, so I hope there's some truth in it.
I'm not usually a big fan of comic book movies, but I read the back story of Dr Strange (on Wiki I think), and it did actually sound quite interesting.
If Ben was going to play any Comic Hero, I'd say this one would be the perfect fit

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 7, 2014 7:20 am  #689

Marta - really quite an entertaining montage with that cheeky song! 

Oh yes, I was trying not to panic with the Dr Strange rumors. They are, after all, just rumors, but if Ben gets the role, boy, that's one hell of a role to play! He's kinda like the Batman of the Marvel world, and Ben's ability to play complex characters simply fits the bill. But I won't hold my hopes up too much; a lesser known actor, like Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger from Game of Thrones) would be a better choice for the studio. Some Marvel fans out there are uneasy about Ben's suitability, too, they seem a little wary about having the Cumber-fandom invading their comic world...

Last edited by Le Bear Polar (June 7, 2014 7:33 am)

June 7, 2014 7:36 am  #690

Ah, don't say that Polar!! It's been bothering me a bit that there's a kind of prejudice against him from many Movie fans because he has a "fandom" - honestly almost every Movie he's up for there are untold comments on other sites sniping about him.
For that reason alone, I'd like him to do this Movie and knock it out of the park!
But we'll see - so many rumoured parts flying around at the moment..

Last edited by Tinks (June 7, 2014 7:37 am)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 7, 2014 11:18 am  #691

Le Bear Polar wrote:

Oh yes, I was trying not to panic with the Dr Strange rumors. They are, after all, just rumors, but if Ben gets the role, boy, that's one hell of a role to play! He's kinda like the Batman of the Marvel world, and Ben's ability to play complex characters simply fits the bill. But I won't hold my hopes up too much; a lesser known actor, like Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger from Game of Thrones) would be a better choice for the studio. Some Marvel fans out there are uneasy about Ben's suitability, too, they seem a little wary about having the Cumber-fandom invading their comic world...

I love Ben, but looking at these illustrations I'd like to cast a vote for Aiden Gillen.  Damn.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 7, 2014 12:01 pm  #692

Somebody ought to write a thesis on beard obsessions.

June 7, 2014 12:11 pm  #693

tonnaree wrote:

Le Bear Polar wrote:

I love Ben, but looking at these illustrations I'd like to cast a vote for Aiden Gillen.  Damn.

I think Ben could transform into this character fantastically.
Apparently they originally wanted Mr Depp for the part.
Keeping my fingers crossed for Benedict because this will probably be a Box Office draw, and I'd love to see him get the lead in one of those at long last!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 7, 2014 12:18 pm  #694

It is a fantastic role, and Ben would have no trouble transforming into him. 

[img]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100417065106/marveldatabase/images/4/46/Strange_Vol_1_6_page_23_Stephen_Strange_(Earth-41101).jpg[/img]

I would love love to see him do this, for many selfish reasons. I'm just wondering if this is the kind of role Ben would go for. 

June 7, 2014 6:00 pm  #695

I could see Benedict playing this role. Dr. Strange fits in with characters like Sherlock and Khan, so Ben can easily get into this.  I'd love to see him do it.  But whether the studio would like him in the role, or see him as 'bankable' in the role is the question. At least it appears he is being considered.

June 8, 2014 3:56 pm  #696

The episode of heartbeat with our Ben in it was on ITV3 this morning (I'd like to point out it was my Benedict search on sky that told me, not because I am an avid heartbeat fan!!).

Must have been done a long time back so babyBatch in full flow, but he had a largish role in it so worth catching it if you can.   . He plays an annoying posh man - obviously a bit typecast until people realised he can actually act!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

June 8, 2014 4:59 pm  #697

It's a good episode.

June 8, 2014 6:07 pm  #698

I love his HeartBeat episodes, he's adorable in the first one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 9, 2014 12:51 pm  #699

I keep missing those Heartbeat episodes, and when I try to download from ITV catch up, the wrong episode is downloaded, without him in it! Grrrr!!!!
I saw his Mum and Dad in an old episode of Lewis last night - I didn't remember them being in it first time I watched it! Not very big parts for either of them, but interesting to watch them act.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 10, 2014 2:08 pm  #700

I'd loved to have seen them! 

Btw, I was wondering if there's a chance our guy might be at Le Mans this weekend, since he seems to be so into fast cars? 

I'll be watching either way... Always been big on those races myself and especially Le Mans! As a kid I would recreate the sound of the cars engines... much to my mother's amusement

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera