BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2014 4:11 pm  #41

Re: Handicrafts?

Great fun until they ping back on your fingers haha.

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

June 7, 2014 4:18 pm  #42

And litter the playground!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 7, 2014 4:20 pm  #43

haha ye.  When I go to collect the kids from school its a game of spot the loom band instead of spot the loony.

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

June 9, 2014 6:42 pm  #44

I don't usually cross-post, but I think this fits here as well, seeing how we've previously talked about fabric painting and transfer pen on darker fabrics. I used the ironing transfer pen on this as well, and it worked like a charm:

And, yay, now I have my own Sherlock t-shirt!!! (Even though it'll only be recognized by the hardcore fans, but that's actually the way I like it.)

June 9, 2014 6:46 pm  #45

This is awesome! I wish I had it

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 9, 2014 7:08 pm  #46

The dalek shirt is done btw:

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

June 9, 2014 7:11 pm  #47

AMAZING!

That is an amazing job and I love the motive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 9, 2014 7:14 pm  #48

Sweet, I like!

June 10, 2014 5:59 am  #49

thanks

June 11, 2014 6:37 am  #50

Zeratul, this is fantastic! You are really talented with fabric painting!

@TeeJay: I love your skull shirt too. It reminds me a bit of the logo of the Wacken Metal Festival , maybe I can borrow it when I'll go to Wacken in August ? No seriously, how did you do the shirt? Is the subject painted or is it a print? Either way, it's great. I also like it when subjects on shirts are only recognizable from real fans and for other people it's just a shirt with a funny picture (same with your shirts, Zeratul).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

June 11, 2014 7:14 am  #51

Thank you.
Yeah saw something on facebook on how things from Doctor Who mean nothing to you, if you haven't seen the episode(s).
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d3/22/c9/d322c9b485cebe4fa51fa4e55f05cdae.jpg

June 11, 2014 8:12 pm  #52

stoertebeker wrote:

@TeeJay: I love your skull shirt too. It reminds me a bit of the logo of the Wacken Metal Festival , maybe I can borrow it when I'll go to Wacken in August ? No seriously, how did you do the shirt? Is the subject painted or is it a print? Either way, it's great.

Thanks! The skull is painted on, it's not a print. It's liquid fabric paint that I painted on with a regular hair brush. I transferred the outline onto the t-shirt with an iron-on transfer pencil, and then painted the rest with a brush from the screencap I made.

June 22, 2014 9:35 pm  #53

Current project, final details to come tomorrow

June 22, 2014 9:54 pm  #54

That one is so fantastic!! Alonsy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 22, 2014 10:23 pm  #55

Thank you .
Well I saw this one on a daily-shirt shop and thought, I can do this was one on my own . I'm not very good at inventing stuff myself, so I always look for things I can adapt .

June 25, 2014 8:34 pm  #56

This isn't so much handicrafts related, but it's sitll got to do with personalizing your things in a creative way. Because let me introduce to you the latest member of my electronic gadget family. This is.... Mycroft:

Extra points for those who recognize the fandom that this is related to.

And, yes, I know it's wrong to name a laptop after a character in one fandom and then give it a skin from another. but I just couldn't resist, and I'm not changing his name. I did name the C: drive "Top Secret".

June 25, 2014 8:40 pm  #57

That is an amazingly cool laptop!! Wow! And I love the name!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 3, 2014 8:58 pm  #58

I recently did some sewing stuff (by hand):

I used felt in different colours, lace, embroidery cotton, beads and sequins for the patches.
With one of them I made a felt mobile phone case (not quite sure what I'm doing with the other ones):

I suppose my next creative projects will be more textile work as I am a proud owner of a sewing machine now .

Last edited by stoertebeker (July 3, 2014 9:09 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 4, 2014 9:53 pm  #59

Oooh those are really neat! I used to love stitching so much! I think the last thing I did other than my cross stitch work was stitching silver sequins onto a glove for my Michael Jackson costume... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 5, 2014 7:25 am  #60

Thank you Phantom  . I haven't tried real stiching works jet although I recently bought a stiching starter pack with needle, yarn and a tablecloth. But I haven't found time to try it so far  .
I really liked you Tardis by the way, great work  ! I would like to try cross-stiching also sometimes. Ah what a shame, there are so many creative techniques to try, but never enough time  . I can not enter a crafting shop without leaving with several new ideas  .

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

Board footera