BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2014 6:46 pm  #1

Do you think we will see Irene again?

If she does will she have a big part or a small part? and If Moriarty is indeed coming back, will she be on his side or Sherlock’s? (I tend to think she will be on the side that she’s always been on which her own)

Personally, I wouldn’t mind seeing her for at least one last time considering that “A Scandal in Belgravia” has been my all-time favorite episode in the series. I’ve always loved the writing, the directing, the acting, the humor, just everything about it

June 3, 2014 7:26 pm  #2

Re: Do you think we will see Irene again?

Scandal is one of my favourite (nine) episodes but I don't wan't Irene to come back and I hope she won't. She was absolutely stunning in Scandal but I really don't want Sherlock Holmes' stories to revolve around Sherlock and Irene, I want new challenges for him and new people to confront. Irene's glimpse in His Last Vow showed us that he thinks about her sometimes, and that's the end of the story of Sherlock being "in love", or whatever it was, for me.
Do you think there is a potencial for more?   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 3, 2014 7:46 pm  #3

I would be fine if they decided not to bring her back but considering how popular Irene was with the fans and that Mofftiss seem to love to do things to always please them, it is possible that they might bring her back just to make them happy.

Last edited by BrettHolmes (June 3, 2014 8:05 pm)

June 3, 2014 7:54 pm  #4

Marta wrote:

Scandal is one of my favourite (nine) episodes but I don't wan't Irene to come back and I hope she won't. She was absolutely stunning in Scandal but I really don't want Sherlock Holmes' stories to revolve around Sherlock and Irene, I want new challenges for him and new people to confront. Irene's glimpse in His Last Vow showed us that he thinks about her sometimes, and that's the end of the story of Sherlock being "in love", or whatever it was, for me.
Do you think there is a potencial for more?   

No, I think Irene's coming back would destroy this beautiful ending from ASiB. I can't imagine what she might be doing in future episodes. Suddenly turn to a bad character and work with resurrected Moriarty? Little less convincing. Try to steel Sherlock's attention one more time? That would be especially pitiful. Break John's marriage? ( ok, now I'm making up xD ). I really like Irene and I love episode with her but I think that in the future she should be playing part only as a beautiful memory in Sherlock's mind.

Last edited by MartaSt (June 3, 2014 7:56 pm)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

Board footera