BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 3, 2012 1:06 pm  #1

Entertainment Weekly front cover & Hobbit photos

Martin is on the front cover of Entertainment Weekly this week as Bilbo Baggins, along with Gandalf. Not sure the front cover will come up on this link. Dunno why not!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/07/02/this-week's-cover-hobbit-con-preview

There are also some lovely promo photos to be found on the link, especially photo 8 which is REALLY sweet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 3, 2012 1:26 pm  #2

Re: Entertainment Weekly front cover & Hobbit photos

Oh these were fun to see!  Martin looks perfect in this role I think.  I was a little worried he might look a bit cartoonish but he looks lovely.  I can't wait to see it. 

I was just wondering how old Martin's children are.  Would they be the right age to have read "The Hobbit" of have had it read to them?  How strange to imagine and love a character from a book and then see your father "be" that character on the big screen larger than life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 5, 2012 3:48 am  #3

His children are 4 and 6

I know this because of a VERY amusing post Amanda put on twitter yesterday...let me go find it.

Right

@amandaabbington - my 4 yr old to my 6 yr old: 'Your room is chaos, CHAOS', his reply? 'It's organised chaos, tiny mind, I wouldn't expect you to understand'

How cute is that?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 5, 2012 4:37 am  #4

OMG that is adorable!  Obviously too much cute for one household!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

July 6, 2012 3:09 pm  #5

It was on my yesterday's rewatching of TBB that  - instead of "unexpected item in bagging area" I heard the Hobbit version: "unexpected item in Baggins' area" 

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera