BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2014 6:46 am  #61

Re: The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (was "Richard III")

I'm beyond excited for this!! It's the project of his that I'm looking forward to most at the moment.
And of course, Benedict could go straight from this to filming Sherlock!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 30, 2014 6:50 am  #62

Very good news. I am quite excited for this one, finally seeing him doing Shakespeare. 

@tonnaree: I visit the festival every summer and watch one or two productions. This year - funny enough - it will be Richard III (in Geman) and A Midsummer Night's Dream (in English), the last one the company of Rebecca Hall's brother. So there is a tiny connection to Benedict. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 30, 2014 7:22 am  #63

That's great. I was kind of expecting that it would take much longer for shooting to start.
So if they are filming until early next year, when might we expect for it to be aired? Late next year?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 30, 2014 7:27 am  #64

Gosh, I didn't realise filming would take so long!!
Makes sense though - it's a big production. Wouldn't it be great to see it next year?
Kind of pushes Sherlock even further back though?

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 30, 2014 7:39 am  #65

I wonder why they are filming so early because I thought it was going to be aired in 2016 for the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death. 
Well, of course I am thinking about Sherlock as well. LCoZ still seems very vague so maybe they will do it after Richard ...

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 30, 2014 7:40 am  #66

Well, it's four feature-length parts (if they do one seperate part for each Henry, which I suppose they will), so I would expect the shooting to take at least five to six months. Benedict will be very busy.
I'm so looking forward to this...!
They could still do (at least theoretically) Sherlock right after that and have it ready for an air date in January 2016. But Benedict has other projects, so...  

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 30, 2014 7:43 am  #67

I am not really convinced that Lost City will happen. And there is not date at all for Yellow Birds. 

Last edited by SusiGo (May 30, 2014 7:44 am)

May 30, 2014 7:55 am  #68

But then there's Hamlet, he will have to begin rehearsals for that when... in June?

May 30, 2014 7:56 am  #69

Yes, I think so. I have no experience with this but would assume that they will need at least six weeks for rehearsals? 

May 30, 2014 8:01 am  #70

I feel the same about LCoZ - although the last I heard was that it would start filming in January.
It seems as though he'll only have a small window free next year, though, if you factor in Hamlet, and it looks unlikely now that Sherlock will be filmed this year - goodness knows when it will happen!
I'm glad Benedict is getting busy again, though, as it seemed for a while as though he was the only cast member without much acting work on!
I really hope that Richard is screened next year - they could always celebrate Shakespeare's Birthday by repeating the complete Hollow Crown from the beginning!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 30, 2014 8:03 am  #71

Yes, I would say six to eight weeks. And we don't know to what time they will cut it down... three hours maybe? Then it might be around eight weeks.

May 30, 2014 11:25 am  #72

SusiGo wrote:

Very good news. I am quite excited for this one, finally seeing him doing Shakespeare. 

@tonnaree: I visit the festival every summer and watch one or two productions. This year - funny enough - it will be Richard III (in Geman) and A Midsummer Night's Dream (in English), the last one the company of Rebecca Hall's brother. So there is a tiny connection to Benedict. 

Six degrees of Benedict!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 30, 2014 5:32 pm  #73

Can't wait to see Benedict's Dick 3!

Last edited by besleybean (May 30, 2014 5:33 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 30, 2014 5:49 pm  #74

Naughty Girl! 

Last edited by Harriet (May 30, 2014 5:49 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 30, 2014 6:06 pm  #75

Sorry, couldn't resist!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 30, 2014 6:08 pm  #76

May 30, 2014 6:08 pm  #77

Just a wee joke!

May 30, 2014 6:20 pm  #78

besleybean wrote:

Just a wee joke!

You made me blush BB!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 30, 2014 6:35 pm  #79

And all because I'm too bone idle to type ' Richard'...darn!

May 30, 2014 6:38 pm  #80

At least you cared to add the 3 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera