BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2014 2:04 pm  #1

Der leere Sarg (TEH), German TV ARD, May 29, 2014

A place for everything dubbed TEH.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 30, 2014 2:21 pm  #2

Re: Der leere Sarg (TEH), German TV ARD, May 29, 2014

I just found the figures:
3,27 million viewers with a market share of 13,4 percent.
Not too bad.
http://www.quotenmeter.de/n/71025/sherlocklebt-tagessieg-bei-den-jungen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 30, 2014 2:26 pm  #3

Thanks for that link, tobe!
And I suppose this is a question we're all asking ourselves:

"Angesichts der erneuten Bestätigung der Reichweiten muss die Frage gestellt werden, warum Das Erste keine Programmierung zu Beginn der Primetime in Erwägung zieht."

Did anyone here see "Hirschhausens Quiz des Menschen"...? We saw the last 20 minutes and I thought it was sooooo broing. But that seems to be what the ARD wants to offer their audience at 8:15 pm... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 30, 2014 2:30 pm  #4

Their older audience, I suppose. 
Maybe they are afraid that many older people are not going to watch Sherlock anyway. I know that my parents and in-laws do not watch it because it is simply too fast. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 30, 2014 2:35 pm  #5

Hirschhausen is a clean-shaven doctor. There ends the common ground.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 30, 2014 2:40 pm  #6

Susi, yes, I'm sure you're right. It's just sad and also a bit frustrating to see that they obviously aren't willing to take any chances and stick with their concept, probably forever. I could imagine that the ratings for Sherlock would have been as good as the ratings for Hirschhausen...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 30, 2014 3:18 pm  #7

Of course. And I think there also might be older viewers who enjoy it. I would love to see it in a prime time slot. 
So let us be happy and grateful that the ratings are solid. And I got the feeling that there was more coverage especially in print media than before. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 30, 2014 4:06 pm  #8

With FSK 12 they should be entitled to show it earlier.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 30, 2014 4:28 pm  #9

Maybe the wrong channel bought the show? The average age of ARD viewers is too high?
But can you imagine "Sherlock" on RTL for example? Hmm...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 30, 2014 4:31 pm  #10

ZDF would be even worse. 

May 30, 2014 4:32 pm  #11

ZDF has a younger audience? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

May 30, 2014 4:33 pm  #12

No, older as far as I know. And all the private channels would have adverts which is even worse. 

May 30, 2014 4:35 pm  #13

Gosh, no RTL... Commercial breaks every five minutes...
Just picture it: "Sherlock, ich möchte am Altar stehen mit den beidenMenschen, die ich am meisten liebe...Mary Morstan...und..." "Kommenn Sie zu parship.de!"
Hm, no...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 30, 2014 4:36 pm  #14

Oh, right  So let's praise ARD and encourage them to keep up the good work 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 30, 2014 4:37 pm  #15

Parship.de ... LOL
Right, then we have to live with 21:45. 

(Tony Hadley)

May 30, 2014 4:38 pm  #16

Yes. It could be worse. So let us count our blessings and be grateful for the acceptable dubbing.  

May 30, 2014 4:40 pm  #17

Yes, gently, it's just for our best, believe me
Now hush and enjoy a lovely strawberry daiquiri!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 30, 2014 4:42 pm  #18

Good idea, mrs.

(Tony Hadley)

May 30, 2014 5:00 pm  #19

Someone asked whether there was the "liar" popping up when Sherlock deduced Mary. Here you are:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 30, 2014 5:18 pm  #20

Thank you lots, tobe! 

Board footera