BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2014 12:47 pm  #341

Re: SocksBatch!

If I see a picture of him wearing one of my pairs I'm going to frame it

Not even joking. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 22, 2014 12:48 pm  #342

Me too, Phantom, absolutely serious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 22, 2014 12:49 pm  #343

It's only natural, ladies.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 22, 2014 12:51 pm  #344

I see us, girls ... in the Benedict picture thread ... "Yeah, nice face ... but what socks does he wear?" LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 29, 2014 12:30 pm  #345

So.... on the off-chance that I'll briefly get to speak to Benedict tomorrow, would you want me to ask if he's received the socks by now?

May 29, 2014 12:38 pm  #346

Hmh, to be honest, personally I would find it a bit pushy to ask, if my socks were involved.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 29, 2014 12:52 pm  #347

If you can find a way to ask him in a non-confrontational, non-fan-crazy way. XD

May 29, 2014 1:00 pm  #348

I am dying to know, but I'm not sure... like Polar said, if you can find a non-scary-crazy way... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 29, 2014 1:27 pm  #349

I can't speak for the rest of us here because I didnt send him the socks (they're still with me but I didn't send it because they are waaaay too small), but if you do get the chance to meet him, just treasure the experience, chat with him as much as you can, socks or no. It's a once in a lifetime experience, make the most out of it!  All the best hon!

May 29, 2014 2:33 pm  #350

Yeah, I'm a bit unsure about this, and I certainly don't want it to be in any kind of "fan crazy" way. The way I would go about it is to be a little more clandestine and ask something like, "Say, if I said the word 'socks', would that ring any kind of bell?" And if he said no, I would probably leave it at that, or perhaps just say he should check with his London agency for the latest batch of fanmail.

Last edited by TeeJay (May 29, 2014 2:35 pm)

May 29, 2014 2:42 pm  #351

I reckon we should just look out for the socks he wears....that might give us a better clue lol!

I'm clueing for looks

May 29, 2014 3:04 pm  #352

TeeJay wrote:

So.... on the off-chance that I'll briefly get to speak to Benedict tomorrow, would you want me to ask if he's received the socks by now?

How come you're getting to speak to him then TeeJay? When/where is he going to be?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 29, 2014 4:16 pm  #353

Hay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 29, 2014 5:46 pm  #354

I just read the whole thread and I have to say it - you are crazy and I adore you! It was a wonderful (yet reaally crazy) idea to send him colourful socks and I wish I read about it earlier, I'd have joined! Your socks were beautiful and they were so beautifully wrapped. (I'm definately going to do "the shirt one" someday!) I hope Benedict got all of them.

Finally I know why some people are so obsessed about his socks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 29, 2014 5:55 pm  #355

I just went through this thread and am just about dying from laughter. You guys are nuts! I could swear I read or watched an interview once where he talked about still having socks and underwear with his name on them from when he went to boarding school because he doesn't know where grown ups go to buy that sort of thing. I hope I didn't dream that and that someone knows the interview of which I speak, otherwise I may have to check myself into Sherlock's mind palace padded room.

Mary

(PS I like to wear knee high socks with my shorter skirts and my blog readers got together a while back and did something similar to this campaign. Which is how I wound up with socks that look like Big Bird's legs...)

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 29, 2014 5:57 pm  #356

It's on the commentary for The Great Game...but this was before Benedict became a superstar!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 29, 2014 5:58 pm  #357

We really should do 'ShirtsBatch' for his Birthday

Mary, I know he talked about the shirts in the commentary for TGG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 29, 2014 6:10 pm  #358

besleybean wrote:

It's on the commentary for The Great Game...but this was before Benedict became a superstar!

I'm relieved that I don't have to go hang out with Moriarty. Thank you!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 29, 2014 6:13 pm  #359

It's one of the best commentaries!

Last edited by besleybean (May 29, 2014 6:14 pm)

May 29, 2014 7:01 pm  #360

maryagrawatson wrote:

I just went through this thread and am just about dying from laughter. You guys are nuts! I could swear I read or watched an interview once where he talked about still having socks and underwear with his name on them from when he went to boarding school because he doesn't know where grown ups go to buy that sort of thing. )

I don't what the heck is wrong with me; I read that and felt like crying!!! Surely to goodness someone in his life could have pointed him in the right direction!!
Ah well, he'll have no shortage now!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

Board footera