BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2012 2:42 pm  #1

Japanese Commercial based on Study In Pink

Not really a fan video but thought I'd share this anyway, as it's REALLY WEIRD...and quite amusing...yet another example of people jumping on the rather popular Sherlock Holmes bandwagon...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 30, 2012 2:55 pm  #2

Re: Japanese Commercial based on Study In Pink

What?!
That REALLY was WEIRD!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 30, 2012 8:45 pm  #3

Er, yes, didn't understand a word and I prefer a male Sherlock wearing trousers and NO deerstalker, but apart from that, well done, Japan 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 30, 2012 9:41 pm  #4

So...whatever is in the packet makes you as smart as Sherlock Holmes? Interesting!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 30, 2012 9:43 pm  #5

To me it looked like the chocolate raisins we have in Germany but I've eaten more than one packet in my life and I'm not half as clever as Sherlock.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 2, 2012 9:04 am  #6

Ack, it's AKB48. A ridiculously popular girl group in Japan. I can never understand the hype over these girls. But oh well. Goes to show how popular Sherlock is becoming

July 2, 2012 11:06 am  #7

Jimella, any chance you can give us a (rough) translation please?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 2, 2012 3:40 pm  #8

Oh Please, Jimella! That would be totally fab!

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

July 2, 2012 5:25 pm  #9

-Na-chan, what will you do when you quit AKB?
-To tell you the truth...
[scream]
-What?
-She's dead.
[CASE FILE #1]
-It can't be true.
-Leave it to me!
(group) -Na-chan!
[text over armor: Original idea by Yasushi (?) Akimoto]
- The victim is Rena Kato. She was clubbed to death while filming a commercial.
[text over lamp/bust: Original story by Somebody Aoyama] (I'm sorry, I'm terrible at reading names.)
-The clues are the letter N and this mysterious code. Who was on the scene?
-Nobody apart from the members (of the group).
-All 89 members of AKB are suspects.
-But taking out Na-chan...
-... and the victim too...
-All but two!
(group) -She changed how she said it.
-Will the mystery be solved first, or the ice cream melt first? Aisu no mi! (In Japanese the word for "solve" is the same as the word for "melt" so this is a pretty catchy slogan. Aisu no mi,or Ice-cream Fruit, is the brand name of these little ice cream balls.)

July 2, 2012 6:30 pm  #10

Thanks, Jimella, it sort of makes a bit more sense now!

July 2, 2012 6:32 pm  #11

Uh... I'm not Jimella. But you're welcome!

July 2, 2012 6:51 pm  #12

This is quite weird :D
Is Sherlock really that well known in Japan? Nice!

I think Dramagod should see this since he likes japanese girls so much! Haha.

July 2, 2012 6:55 pm  #13

imane nikko wrote:

Uh... I'm not Jimella. But you're welcome!

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry!!
I did read your name, I just...
Sorry! 

July 3, 2012 5:24 am  #14

You beat me to it, Nikko! Thanks very much!

July 3, 2012 7:06 am  #15

Thanks for the translation. It all makes, a bit, more sense now.

July 3, 2012 10:47 am  #16

I love her Sherlockian outfit complete with miniskirt. That would be great for parties.
The commercial was so weird and tacky it was funny.

Disguise is always a self portrait

Board footera