BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2012 7:54 pm  #21

Re: I made a song about (some of) you guys and it's called...

Susi, sent you a link to the song via PM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 3, 2012 7:18 am  #22

I missed this thread yesterday. How?? That was lovely Dramagod. The Davinator...it still has a certain...ring to it! It made me smile throughout. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 3, 2012 8:50 am  #23

You're welcome, Dav. I've no idea how to pronounce your name, hope I got it somewhat correct.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 3, 2012 10:42 am  #24

When are you going on tour? I was very honored to be in your song and you sing beautifully. You are such a sweetie!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

July 3, 2012 10:45 am  #25

Lots of people shorten it to Dav. It is pronounced Dav-een-ah. People here used to have LOTS of trouble with it because it is unusual but now we have this TV presenter called Davina McCall I get fewer puzzled or blank expressions from people I meet when they hear my name.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 3, 2012 12:31 pm  #26

Aww.. Thank you very much, SP. There's no tour in sight. I haven't even performed at a gig in 8 years and during this time I've gotten stage fright, even worse than I had back then (at my band's first gig I was so stressed that as was throwing up in the bathroom, my belt buckle broke and fell in the toilet. True story). If I ever get to tour, I'd love to do the first gig in Punxsutawney, PA for reasons I'm sure you know.

July 3, 2012 12:32 pm  #27

Dramagod wrote:

Aww.. Thank you very much, SP. There's no tour in sight. I haven't even performed at a gig in 8 years and during this time I've gotten stage fright, even worse than I had back then (at my band's first gig I was so stressed that as was throwing up in the bathroom, my belt buckle broke and fell in the toilet. True story). If I ever get to tour, I'd love to do the first gig in Punxsutawney, PA for reasons I'm sure you know.

Sorry, but this is just so funny  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 3, 2012 12:37 pm  #28

@SusiGo - Well don't I know it, hah. For some reason I'm a magnet for weird and funny incidents. I'm like Larry David. At this other gig with my other band (we played covers from The Beatles, Lenny Kravitz, Cream etc) we were playing at this jazz festival and the president of Finland asked her bodyguard to tell us to stop playing because she had come listen to jazz, not loud rock. That gig ended there.

Last edited by Dramagod (July 3, 2012 12:38 pm)

July 3, 2012 12:50 pm  #29

Punxsutawney...? That's where the famous groundhog's from, right?
Great song by the way, if you do end up making a sequel I'd love to hear it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

July 3, 2012 12:57 pm  #30

The Skull wrote:

Punxsutawney...? That's where the famous groundhog's from, right?
Great song by the way, if you do end up making a sequel I'd love to hear it.

Thank you Skull. Yeah GROUNDHOG DAY starring Bill Murray is one of my favorite movies of all time and even though the movie wasn't actually filmed there, it'd be cool to actually visit the town someday.

July 3, 2012 1:00 pm  #31

@Dramagod, I'm not making fun of you but it's just so endearing when things like these happen to people who are able to laugh about themselves. But shame on the Finnish president, she should support all upcoming artists, not only those playing her kind of music.
Once I parked my car at the supermarket and realised I had forgotten something. So I went back, opened the door by remote - and in the passenger seat discovered a strange old man with a dog in his lap reading the most awful German tabloid paper. I deduced that it wasn't my car after all and that my remote didn't have to unlock a door which hadn't been locked in the first place. But my face must have been something.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 3, 2012 1:13 pm  #32

I've seen that movie. I enjoyed it, it reminded me of the Twilight Zone. Let us know if you fall in any space-time rifts if/when you go! (P.S. I went back and watched some of your other videos. Especially enjoyed the 'Sherlock' theme. )

Last edited by The Skull (July 3, 2012 1:14 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

July 3, 2012 1:37 pm  #33

SusiGo - It's because we're all new to each other but you'll learn to know that I won't get offended easily. I tend to take even insults with humor. So I didn't think you were making fun of me. I'm one of those people who can laugh to things that have happened to them. Even the really painful ones that have scarred me for life.

Your story reminded me of something similar. Few years back at cold winter night it was dark and I went to my car. I put the key in, and since it didn't go in, I thought the lock is frozen. So there I am warming up the key with my lighter and trying to get it in when I realise it's not even my car. My car was the next one. And the owner of this car had clear window view to the car, just a few feet away. Those things happen.

Thanks Skull. I think Groundhog is an absolutely brilliant movie. I made a lengthy post of it in my blog if you ever want to check it out. If you're a fan of copshows as well, you might want to check DAYBREAK, this show starring Taye Diggs that ran for one season. It's like "24" meets Groundhog Day and it's a pretty good show.

July 3, 2012 1:43 pm  #34

Dramagod wrote:

Thanks Skull. I think Groundhog is an absolutely brilliant movie. I made a lengthy post of it in my blog if you ever want to check it out. If you're a fan of copshows as well, you might want to check DAYBREAK, this show starring Taye Diggs that ran for one season. It's like "24" meets Groundhog Day and it's a pretty good show.

I will, thanks Anakin. I've never seen 24, but I am a fan of 'Monk'.

July 3, 2012 1:43 pm  #35

If you ever make another one and put me in it, I think I should be refered to as the long-winded, overly-romantic, Johnlocked essay writer

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 3, 2012 1:46 pm  #36

Great idea, really well done... just a certain lack of amphibian reference, if you know what I mean... keep up the work  *croak*

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

July 3, 2012 3:40 pm  #37

Dramagod wrote:

If you get to Pennsylvania, I will drive or hike you there. You can't get there any there way except by mountain goat.

July 3, 2012 3:43 pm  #38

Davina wrote:

Lots of people shorten it to Dav. It is pronounced Dav-een-ah. People here used to have LOTS of trouble with it because it is unusual but now we have this TV presenter called Davina McCall I get fewer puzzled or blank expressions from people I meet when they hear my name.

I think it is a very cool name. Love it. Is it pronunced DAV-een-ah or Dav-EEN-ah?

Last edited by Sentimental Pulse (July 3, 2012 3:44 pm)

July 3, 2012 6:00 pm  #39

Dramagod and Susi - My husband was away on a business trip and I thought he would come back with no cash. So I went to the airport to look for his car and leave some cash in his glove compartment. (I know, a stupid idea from the start.) Miraculously, I found the car, but it was unlocked. I made a note to tell him to be more careful. I was putting the money in the glove compartment when, fortunately, I noticed the papers in it had someone else's name on them. Of course, it was the wrong car. I got out quick, but I can't help wondering what the owner would have thought when he opened the glove box and found an unexpected bunch of cash in there.

SP - I had the same question about the Davina's name.

July 3, 2012 6:03 pm  #40

So there's other dummies in this world than just me. What a relief. Haha!

Board footera