BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2014 12:00 pm  #21

Re: Learning Difficulties?

So I decided to look into how to become an astrophysicist... 

I need to start out taking a bachelor in physics, and then I can take Astrophysicist

I need to take A levels in Math and Physics and Chemestry or bio-technology... How on earth am I going to do that? My luck is that there's no grade limit... but how the F am I going to even pass?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 28, 2014 1:15 pm  #22

I bit the bullet and I've just written the aplications for Math and Physics on A levels and Chemestry on a B level...

Apparently I can seek some sort of help, so it's worth a try. I'm scared though... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 28, 2014 1:44 pm  #23

Astrophysics sounds very interesting! I've never been good at physics, but if I were I'd probably have decided to study astronomy, I've always liked it. So I must say it's brave of you that despite of your problems with math and generally dyscalculia you still want to try it.

The Road goes ever on and on...

May 28, 2014 1:55 pm  #24

I am hoping my photographic memory will help me here... and if I can work a bit on my mental blocks as well I am hoping I can pass at least.. I am accepting I won't be an A student.

Honestly what am I doing? I can only remember that 4 is a bigger number than 3 because of Benedict on Sesame Street... 

But honestly string theroy, the big bang, black holes and event horizons and all of that makes sense to me... I am planning on not telling my mother about this before I have to. She's going to laugh so hard. She doesn't know that I'm even interested in things like that... people have always seen me as stupid 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 28, 2014 3:02 pm  #25

Honey, whoever read you here knows you´re far from being stupid!! And as far as I know the understanding of higher mathematics isn´t even affected with dyscalculia.. so go for it! I definitely cheer for you!

I sometimes read about astrophysics and particle physics as a hobby, but it´s too complicated for me to really go into depth. Still a very fascinating subject! (I´ve never met another girl who´s also into physics and brain research..)

May 28, 2014 3:33 pm  #26

*High fives*

If I fail in this I'm going to have it as a hobby as well... but I suppose since I can't find a job anyway I might as well study as long as I can... 

You know what, if I do make it, it could be fun to go to an old class mates meeting, or even meet my physics teacher, he never gave me a chance and I remember he had an astronomy course as well and I asked if I could join and he just laughed and didn't hear me out. Hah! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera