BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2012 8:36 pm  #1

A day in the life

I made a thread like this on this other message board - where I'm a moderator myself - and it became very popular. Basically you can post here anything. Anything that's random enough that doesn't have a thread of its on and doesn't deserve one. Want to tell other people what your day was like? What you ate? Here you can do just that.

I'll start off by saying that I'm playing Super Mario Bros. on my 8-bit Nintendo at the moment and oh the nostalgia. I still remember that Christmas eve so vividly when I got the console and this game with it, even though it's been almost 25 years. That evening involved tears but not the good kind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 2, 2012 8:45 pm  #2

Re: A day in the life

I am obviously sleeping like a good girl and definitely NOT hiding under my duvet writing this!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 2, 2012 8:48 pm  #3

Unless you sleep-surf on the internet, you just blew your cover. You can't type and sleep at the same time. Gotcha Mol. Besides how could anyone sleep under a duvet anyways, since the nights are hot as hell. I'haven't slept under covers for a couple of weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 2, 2012 9:01 pm  #4

Oh no! My evil plans have been foiled!!
;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

July 2, 2012 9:02 pm  #5

Is it as hot in GB as it is in Austria/rest of Europe? We reached the 37 °C grade several times the last days...
too hot to wear anything in bed - the covers aren't used for ages!

July 2, 2012 9:08 pm  #6

37?!
We reached 27 and I thought that was bad!
Later on in the year, when it gets REALLY hot I don't exactly wear anything in bed. I just use a thin sheet (like sherlock's) expect mine's pink!

Well, this is an awkward conversation, isn't it?!

July 2, 2012 9:08 pm  #7

It's not that hot in here. The warmest days have now been probably 25 celcius which is still bearable.

July 2, 2012 9:09 pm  #8

Molly Hooper wrote:

37?!
Later on in the year, when it gets REALLY hot I don't exactly wear anything in bed. I just use a thin sheet (like sherlock's) expect mine's pink!

Keep talking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeZZr_p6vB8

July 2, 2012 9:25 pm  #9

Dramagod wrote:

Molly Hooper wrote:

37?!

Keep talking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeZZr_p6vB8

oh, haha^^ yeah, well, 25 is really a comfortable temperature!
Yes, 37! it has still 29,5°C in the night - now! -.-
arrgh I don't like this hot weather...

haha oh yeah, this is really a bit of a weird conversation^^
But hey! Marilyn Monroe said 50 years ago that she only wears Chanel No. 5 in bed. and that was in a newspaper interview... :D

July 2, 2012 9:51 pm  #10

It is so bloody cold in the UK tonight I have been wearing a fleece! In July!!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 2, 2012 10:00 pm  #11

Davina wrote:

It is so bloody cold in the UK tonight I have been wearing a fleece! In July!!

You know, the last time when I was there, I thought it would've been cold and rained all the time. But it was very lovely actually and it only rained a day or two during the three weeks I was there.

July 2, 2012 10:05 pm  #12

Put a website in the hands of chatty adults and it always turns to weather!!
*Taps foot and rolls eyes*

July 2, 2012 10:08 pm  #13

It's been making up for it this year! We have had the wettest April on record, followed by the wettest June on record too. Something to do with the jet stream not moving and the weather getting stuck so the US has been stuck in a heat wave and we have had rain, rain and more rain! Guess what it is doing outside now...yes...it's raining!

Blarghh! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 2, 2012 10:13 pm  #14

Molly Hooper wrote:

Put a website in the hands of chatty adults and it always turns to weather!!
*Taps foot and rolls eyes*

adults? where? *hides under a cover*

July 2, 2012 10:21 pm  #15

July 2, 2012 10:28 pm  #16

haha well, yes that works too :D

July 2, 2012 10:37 pm  #17

How about this?

July 2, 2012 10:39 pm  #18

too much!!
xD

but maybe it's going to be THE new fashion trend in autumn 2012? ^^

July 2, 2012 11:00 pm  #19

Oh my God, Joey and the turkey... what an episode

So... is it going to rain in London next week?

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 3, 2012 1:14 am  #20

Finally a day I can do nothing, only enjoying my summer vacancy. School over for now, another year and I'll be in university. In ten years, I'll definitively finish school, yeah! It was time to finish, I was developing OCD with my alarm clock. Absolutely no link with your discussion : ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

Board footera