BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2014 7:06 am  #81

Re: Letters Live

Oh my, TeeJay, it's brilliant that you're going!
Clare already has your number? As I'll be tagging with her anyay, I hope we get to meet!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

May 26, 2014 8:35 am  #82

Yes, I gave Clare my mobile number, but I can PM it to you too. So exciting that I'm gonna meet all of you!

May 29, 2014 8:32 am  #83

You must be getting really excited now, those of you going to this!
Just wanted to say have a lovely time and I hope you get to hear some beautiful readings

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 29, 2014 10:18 am  #84

Thank you Tinks, I actually couldn't sleep last night althought I don't know if that is excitement or anxiety about getting there and finding somewhere to park etc etc.  therapy strategies being tested to their fullest but I am going to give it my best shot, and with Benedict waiting for me, it's the best reward!!! 

Looking forward to telling you all about it 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

May 29, 2014 10:31 am  #85

The nerves are THROUGH THE ROOF for me and Bex I can tell you! I am so excited, it's like Christmas. Only better!!
We're hearing there's photographic restrictions for the event but I'll see if I can sneak a few in on my phone. I need to have SOME kind of thing to remember it by!

I'm clueing for looks

May 29, 2014 10:37 am  #86

Treasure it in your heart and not just through lenses.
Wouldn't mind a couple of lovely pics, though
Will he be doing stage doors?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 29, 2014 12:25 pm  #87

Biggles86 wrote:

Thank you Tinks, I actually couldn't sleep last night althought I don't know if that is excitement or anxiety about getting there and finding somewhere to park etc etc. therapy strategies being tested to their fullest but I am going to give it my best shot, and with Benedict waiting for me, it's the best reward!!!

Before you go into any kind of panic mode, give me a call on my mobile. I'm sure we can figure it out together. I used to get really antsy and insecure about going places I didn't know, but lots of business travel on my own to countries I would otherwise never have gone has taught me to look at new situations more as a learning opportunity than an intimidating obstacle. After all, learning begins at the end of comfort zone, and it's not a bad thing to test that boundary every now and then.

Okay, I shall shut up with the words of wisdom now and just look forward to tomorrow. I'm also a bit excited. I hope the drive goes well. I've driven lots of British rental cars on British streets before, but the first half hour or so is always a bit tricky -- what with everything being on the "wong" side of things. Eep. I hope they stick me with a halfway decent car!

I shall be taking my SLR camera, which I hope they will let me have on me, even if you're not allowed to take pictures of the actual event. But at the very least I hope I can snap a few nice ones of us girls, and hopefully we'll also catch Benedict for a quick hello so that I get a chance to take my own picture(s) of him.

Last edited by TeeJay (May 29, 2014 12:27 pm)

May 29, 2014 1:04 pm  #88

I have my fingers crossed for you so that you´ll have a chance to speak with him.
It must be so exciting!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 29, 2014 1:06 pm  #89

Have loads of fun all you lucky girls!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 29, 2014 1:36 pm  #90

Not that anyone needs advice from me, but I wanted to echo what mrshouse says; to treasure the memories.
I really hope you all get your pics and even a meeting - that would be awesome!
But I hope, above all, that you can fully enjoy the experience of being there and are not too disappointed if you can't get these bonuses!
Have fun x

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 29, 2014 1:56 pm  #91

I'm jumping with excitement for all of you! GOOD LUCK! And have fun on all our behalfs! 

May 29, 2014 2:40 pm  #92

Well I think we'll *try* to go to sleep tonight with dreams of meeting him. There'll be 1,200 of us who will want to so I don't know how lucky we will be.

But we are blessed, truly, to even be in the same room as him, listening to him. I don't think I will breathe for the entire time he speaks, absorbing the reverberations of his voice as they hit me. Honestly I think it's going to be a near-religious experience, that will be surreal, beautiful, wonderful and over far too soon.

I just hope that, in some way, I will get a moment with him, as I am sure we all are. The motto of this whole thing seems to be:

You Never Know.....

So I am going to hold onto that notion and leave it in the lap of the gods.... but if anyone wants to say a little prayer for me tonight I'd be grateful!

Sorry for ranting, I'm feeling a little sick with nerves and excitement at the sheer prospect that his eyes might meet mine.......

I'm clueing for looks

May 29, 2014 3:08 pm  #93

Aw, bless you - I can imagine how you must feel; I daren't believe I'll get Hamlet tickets but if I do, even that will be quite nerve racking, I should think!
Sending positive vibes to you - and if you don't get that meeting this time, I'm sure your chance will come again - even if it's at the next Sherlock convention
Above all deep breaths, relax, and enjoy that velvety voice!
You should see Louise, too, right? And James?

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 29, 2014 3:33 pm  #94

Just remember to breathe, girls! Well, okay, fainting would be a good way to get his attention... but be safe and have lots and lots of fun!

Although in fairness, just thinking about possibly, maybe getting tickets for Hamlet next year is making me faint... I already have an outfit planned and all... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 29, 2014 3:45 pm  #95

Yeah ... never thought that I would be that keen on Hamlet someday.

Enjoy every minute, girls.
(What a stupid advice ... )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 29, 2014 4:53 pm  #96

I keep my fingers crossed and send a prayer that you´ll all get to meet him! But I´m sure however it´ll turn out you´re going to have a great time!

May 29, 2014 4:59 pm  #97

clareiow wrote:

Well I think we'll *try* to go to sleep tonight with dreams of meeting him. There'll be 1,200 of us who will want to so I don't know how lucky we will be.

But we are blessed, truly, to even be in the same room as him, listening to him. I don't think I will breathe for the entire time he speaks, absorbing the reverberations of his voice as they hit me. Honestly I think it's going to be a near-religious experience, that will be surreal, beautiful, wonderful and over far too soon.

I just hope that, in some way, I will get a moment with him, as I am sure we all are. The motto of this whole thing seems to be:

You Never Know.....

So I am going to hold onto that notion and leave it in the lap of the gods.... but if anyone wants to say a little prayer for me tonight I'd be grateful!

Sorry for ranting, I'm feeling a little sick with nerves and excitement at the sheer prospect that his eyes might meet mine.......

I know what you feel so well! And I think you have a good attitude. As many said before, just being in the same room with him will be a wonderful experience but if there is a chance for something more, don't hesitate. All of you lucky fans, enjoy the day and don't let anything and anyone spoil it for you. Good luck!

And have some sleep, you want to look best when you meet Benedict  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 29, 2014 5:04 pm  #98

clareiow wrote:

Sounds familiar.
Whatever happens, make sure to enjoy this experience - and you'll even have that experience twice, that really is amazing.
I hope you ladies will have a blast, it'll definitely be something you will remember for a long, long time.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 29, 2014 5:04 pm  #99

Oh my goodness yes, our eyes might meet across a crowded tent, crikey I might fall off my chair if that happens!!  I've heard a lot about there being no photo or autograph opportunities so am going to concentrate on enjoying the experience and listening to the silky tones of that voice!!

Thank you for all the good wishes everyone, am now over my anxiety attack from earlier and am just going to try and go with the flow!!  Oh my God, this time tomorrow we will have been in the same room as him, aaaaggggghhhhh (getting it out my system now so I don't do embarrassing screaming tomorrow!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 29, 2014 8:07 pm  #100

Just had an email to say all events are starting 15 minutes late tomorrow.

Board footera