BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2014 4:25 pm  #61

Re: Letters Live

I will.
I did see him with my daughter, last year.

Last edited by besleybean (May 22, 2014 4:25 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 22, 2014 8:14 pm  #62

I actually took the opportunity this time instead of thinking too much about it and have also managed to get a ticket for Friday.  I am officially excited all over again!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

May 22, 2014 8:19 pm  #63

Biggles86 wrote:

I actually took the opportunity this time instead of thinking too much about it and have also managed to get a ticket for Friday. I am officially excited all over again!!

Brilliant!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

May 22, 2014 8:56 pm  #64

I feel almost nervous for you all - and ridiculously excited for you!!
Biggles - so glad you're going; I'm trying to learn to seize the moment, too, so I know what you mean

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 24, 2014 5:54 pm  #65

There will be a BBC live stream:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/epwnc8/performances

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 24, 2014 5:56 pm  #66

Yes, good news indeed.
Apparently Stephen Fry's appearance was screened today.
Glad they're getting their act together..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 24, 2014 6:01 pm  #67

Does anybody know what BBC Arts means? Is it a channel of its own?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 24, 2014 6:02 pm  #68

Yes it is
EDIT: sorry, I ws thiking of SKY ARTS!
No, I don't think it is...hang on, I'll ask the girl who said about Stephen, what she watched it on...

Re-EDIT:  ah, I think it may just be on line.
Presumably Google is your friend.

Last edited by besleybean (May 24, 2014 6:10 pm)

May 24, 2014 9:35 pm  #69

Kerkerian is a genius (thank you!!), and I now have a rental car and tickets to the Friday event. I can hardly believe it all came together in two days. It'll be a 2 1/2 hour drive each way, but I hope it'll be worth it. Anyone else gonna be there on Friday? Anyone need a lift from near-ish Banbury?

Last edited by TeeJay (May 24, 2014 9:36 pm)

May 25, 2014 10:12 am  #70

Awesome Teejay!! Hope to see you there!!

Some bad news folks - the link for Benedict's steam on BBC arts has disappeared. Not sure why?

I'm clueing for looks

May 25, 2014 10:23 am  #71

Some are hoping it's a mistake, but I'm wondering if he's said no.

May 25, 2014 10:35 am  #72

Yeah I'm not sure - I tweeted BBC arts asking about whether we could watch the event and were there tickets, and an hour later it disappeared!

I wonder if it was originally scheduled and he's had to leave early because of Black Mass filming and getting back to Boston?

I'm clueing for looks

May 25, 2014 10:39 am  #73

Will he still be at the letters live event though?
Maybe the screening thing was subject to a mix up with times, or it could be they'd announced it without first getting permission for it from his reps.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 25, 2014 10:45 am  #74

Tinks wrote:

Will he still be at the letters live event though?
Maybe the screening thing was subject to a mix up with times, or it could be they'd announced it without first getting permission for it from his reps.

I wouldn't worry about him not being there, it's very probably rather to do with a mix up, or maybe someone who's involved did indeed refuse permission or something like that.
On the hay festival website, both events are still on (and the Friday one is not sold out yet).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

May 25, 2014 10:54 am  #75

Actually, if it disappeared after they began getting texts about it, then it would suggest that it was listed by mistake in the first place, and when they started getting queries, it highlighted the error!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 25, 2014 11:32 am  #76

Tinks wrote:

Actually, if it disappeared after they began getting texts about it, then it would suggest that it was listed by mistake in the first place, and when they started getting queries, it highlighted the error!

Yes, possibly.

May 25, 2014 3:13 pm  #77

Can I just say how blimmin excited I am about this!!!  I've had a rubbish few months and I'm starting to believe that this was supposed to happen at this time so just as I am feeling better about life I get this opportunity, the perfect reward.

I've just been listening to Mansfield Park on the iplayer and the thought that not only will I get to hear that silky voice but actually see the man in person is just the best thing, I really can't wait!

I love that there seem to be a few of us that have got ticket to one or both sessions, do we want to try and do a group meet up or just see what happens??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

May 25, 2014 3:20 pm  #78

I'm only there on Friday, but I'd love to meet up with a few of you. I'm coming by rental car and will probably arrive some time around noon-ish (unless I decide to stop somewhere along the way). PM me if you want my mobile phone number and/or e-mail address.

May 25, 2014 3:41 pm  #79

Biggles: I'm happy for you!

TeeJay: so far, I've had contact to Biggles, clareiow and Rebecca apart from you, we'll try and meet up. Since we'll all be there on Friday as well now, we should be able to find each other.

May 25, 2014 3:43 pm  #80

Kerkerian wrote:

TeeJay: so far, I've had contact to Biggles, clareiow and Rebecca apart from you, we'll try and meet up. Since we'll all be there on Friday as well now, we should be able to find each other.

Yay, awesome! Looking forward to meeting all of you! I won't have mobile internet while I'm there, though. Although I suppose I could go for the 2 EUR per day option that my contract offers. Let me think about that.

Last edited by TeeJay (May 25, 2014 3:44 pm)

Board footera