BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2012 3:13 pm  #1

I made a song about (some of) you guys and it's called...

"Drama's Li'l Ditty".

I have no idea in what section I'm supposed to post this so I'll just dump it here. First of all I need to say that I chose people mostly from the new meet the members -topic and after I made the video and posted it on Youtube I realised I left off a lot of people from this board who I've known since I registered here myself. So I apologise to you all. You're not forgotten. I just forgot about you this one time. If there'll ever be a part 2, I'll include you then.

This is the first song I've ever made on the mandolin and I used all the chords I know how to play. All three of them. I didn't make this video public, so you can only view it via this link. Lyrics are included in the video. Enjoy or whatever. Oh and in the end when the lyrics say "ditty up" I accidentally said "giddeeyup". Sue me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlYJOCf50d8&feature=youtube_gdata

Last edited by Dramagod (July 2, 2012 3:25 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 2, 2012 4:39 pm  #2

Re: I made a song about (some of) you guys and it's called...

Oh no! It won't let me see it, it says it's private. Help!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 2, 2012 4:46 pm  #3

It should work now.

Last edited by Dramagod (July 2, 2012 4:53 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 2, 2012 4:58 pm  #4

"Not a Londoner". Love it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 2, 2012 5:13 pm  #5

Wow, I'm officially famous!
Well... more famous than I was a few hours ago anyway...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

July 2, 2012 5:23 pm  #6

OH MY GOD!!!

"Irene Adler from Spain, not Mexico"

I LOVE YOU 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 2, 2012 5:26 pm  #7

This is really going to confuse some-people!!

July 2, 2012 5:28 pm  #8

@Irene - Love you too, girl.

@Smoggy - Thank you.

@Molly - Yeah you should brace yourself. I'm sure your phone will start ringing day and night now with guys wanting to know more about this Molly girl.

July 2, 2012 5:38 pm  #9

Now they know my favourite colour, BAM, they've got my address!!

July 2, 2012 6:21 pm  #10

Crap, and I was too late to be included. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 2, 2012 6:35 pm  #11

Ah, this is kinda awesome :D
and you have a fiiiine voice!

Woah, I knew that some day people would sing heroic songs about our forum but I didn't think it would be that soon! :D
Now everyone knows that I don't like Woody Allen films, haha...

July 2, 2012 6:36 pm  #12

Mattlocked wrote:

Crap, and I was too late to be included. 

You weren't too late. It's just that you and I haven't really talked here and I included people who I've started to know a bit better. You might make it to the sequel, Matt.

July 2, 2012 6:36 pm  #13

Well done, Dramagod - this should be the beginning of a wonderful singer/songwriter mandolin career...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 2, 2012 6:39 pm  #14

Sammy wrote:

Ah, this is kinda awesome :D
and you have a fiiiine voice!

Woah, I knew that some day people would sing heroic songs about our forum but I didn't think it would be that soon! :D
Now everyone knows that I don't like Woody Allen films, haha...

Thank you Sammy. And if they didn't know, now they do since you revealed who the man behind the name Konigsberg actually is.

I made this one song on this other forum about this one person and people liked it so I thought I might do one here as well. Who knows, maybe 20 years from now that's what I'll be famous for. I'll be "the guy that makes songs about people on message boards".

July 2, 2012 6:39 pm  #15

Thank you so much, that's just great, DramaGod. I'm very proud, yours SusieQ  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 2, 2012 6:42 pm  #16

Dramagod wrote:

Thank you Sammy. And if they didn't know, now they do since you revealed who the man behind the name Konigsberg actually is.

Oh! Was that supposed to stay secret?

"the guy that makes songs about people on message boards" - I guess that wouldn't be the worst career :D

July 2, 2012 6:46 pm  #17

tobeornot221b wrote:

Well done, Dramagod - this should be the beginning of a wonderful singer/songwriter mandolin career...

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but perhaps some day. I have heard that 75% of all mandolin songs can be played with those three chords so who knows. Anything's possible I guess.

SusiGo wrote:

Thank you so much, that's just great, DramaGod. I'm very proud, yours SusieQ  .

You're proud of me? Awww.. thank you very much, Sus. By the way you never replied to me when I asked if your username has something to do with wolf (since 'susi' means wolf in finnish)?

Last edited by Dramagod (July 2, 2012 6:47 pm)

July 2, 2012 7:09 pm  #18

Oh, sorry, no offense meant. I just forgot it. My username has nothing to do with wolves (although it's a nice idea), it is just short for my full name Susanne (which is of Biblical origin meaning lily). I hadn't realised that so many of you have Sherlock related usernames and later I didn't want to change mine. But I'm proud you included me in the vid, that's great.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 2, 2012 7:13 pm  #19

SusiGo wrote:

Oh, sorry, no offense meant. I just forgot it. My username has nothing to do with wolves (although it's a nice idea), it is just short for my full name Susanne (which is of Biblical origin meaning lily). I hadn't realised that so many of you have Sherlock related usernames and later I didn't want to change mine. But I'm proud you included me in the vid, that's great.

No offense taken, miss. Lily, eh? Well I mention you in another song of mine as well, then.

July 2, 2012 7:40 pm  #20

I'm dying to hear it  .

Board footera