BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 21, 2014 8:54 pm  #21

Re: Black Mass

SolarSystem wrote:

Look at this:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1795563!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/depp17f-1-web.jpg

http://cdn1.bostonmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/deppbulger.jpg

Wow, that's Johny Depp... I didn't recognize him at first glance. At second glance too

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 21, 2014 8:55 pm  #22

I couldn't even recognice Depp! I do hope Ben will have a bit more hair... and his own amazing features...

Other than that, I'm just excited for this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 21, 2014 9:07 pm  #23

I'm glad he's working on something at last!
Do we know why Guy Pearce dropped out? Because he usually goes for fairly good Movies, whereas Johnny needs a really good film, imo - his last few haven't been great.
Exciting news though! I can totally see Ben and Depp as Brothers - it's the cheekbones;)
Looks like they might have to age him a bit though if there was only 5 years between them...wonder if it hops back and forth in time?

Last edited by Tinks (May 21, 2014 9:17 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 21, 2014 9:25 pm  #24

So far I didn't find any information on why Guy Pearce dropped out.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 21, 2014 9:28 pm  #25

Lovely news! Ben's projects are piling up.  "(...)=14pxWhitey had become godfather of the Irish Mob." rather different from what Ben is used to, I love this!

Interesting how they're going to transform Ben into this

May 21, 2014 9:30 pm  #26

Actually, the hair... won't be such a huge problem.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 21, 2014 9:33 pm  #27

[shallow me]

Johnny looks... Well, let's say I hope Benedict won't look like that 

[/shallow me]

After I saw Johnny with Rebecca Hall in Transcendence, I was thinking how it would be if he and Benedict were in the same film. But I didn't think it'd really happen I'm exited!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 21, 2014 9:36 pm  #28

Actually Polar I can see a slight similarity between that picture and your gif! I hope they don't get him to put on weight though because then he'd go a strict diet afterwards again to be ready for Sherlock!

Solar - thanks; hopefully Guy just pulled out due to other commitments.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 21, 2014 10:45 pm  #29

OH no, not another book!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 22, 2014 5:35 am  #30

Having read up a bit about Whitey, I'm now thinking that this might be quite a small part for Benedict.
Billy has quite an interesting background but if the Movie is about Whitey then I don't see that Billy will feature that much.
Certainly Benedict doesn't seem to be needed for the scenes being shot at the moment - it seems they're shooting with Johnny in Massachusetts 'til the end of the month.
(Oh, and I'm pretty sure Johnny has a bald cap on in those pics - so any baldness wouldn't be real!! He wouldn't have time to grow his Sherlock curls back in time for filming! Remember he wanted to shave his head to play James, but wasn't allowed?!)

Last edited by Tinks (May 22, 2014 5:40 am)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 22, 2014 6:57 am  #31

I think it is obvious that this is a filler project - BC expected to start filming LCoZ in summer and now that it has been delayed (again!) he probably decided it's about time to do some acting. So it is quite probable it will be a small part, although I don't mind, it's still better than reading about comic cons and charity dinners and then he had about 5 minutes of screentime in AOC and still managed to be memorable. If well written, this part could be turn into an interesting character, as well. P.S. They say GP dropped due to scheduling issues.

May 22, 2014 7:12 am  #32

miriel, I agree. From what I've read about it yesterday I was already expecting Benedict's part to be a supporting part. But you are right, he's doing some acting again and that's what we've all been waiting for for months now, right?

May 22, 2014 7:34 am  #33

Exactly, Solar. The acting counts. Also calms me down a little bit, that he still is in demand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 22, 2014 8:22 am  #34

You make some really good points, Miriel.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 22, 2014 8:31 am  #35

Small part or not - Ben is acting again and that´s what matters the most!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 22, 2014 8:40 am  #36

Le Bear Polar wrote:

Lovely news! Ben's projects are piling up.  "(...)=14pxWhitey had become godfather of the Irish Mob." rather different from what Ben is used to, I love this!

Interesting how they're going to transform Ben into this

Can I just say that he reminds a bit of Kyle Chandler?

http://hollywoodjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/kyle-chandler-hollywood-journal.jpg

May 22, 2014 9:00 am  #37

I think miriel is right. And I am glad he is finally going to work again. (But still - I hope for films in which I do not have to wait anxious for his 5 or 10 or 15 minutes screen-time.)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 22, 2014 1:36 pm  #38

Apparently, Dakota Johnson is also in the film---now the wierd lunch date makes sense...

May 22, 2014 1:52 pm  #39

I was actually expecting her to be cast in LCoZ, since it was blatantly obvious to me that what was going on there was some kind of casting meeting....sometimes it amazes me that people don't look past the rubbish that the gossip rags try to feed them!!!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 22, 2014 3:57 pm  #40

I never thought of a professional link.
But I certainly knew it was no romantic liaison.
The clue in the rumour was ' not in the public eye', which kind of rules out any actress!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera