BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 18, 2014 7:20 pm  #1

There seems to be some progress

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 18, 2014 7:40 pm  #2

Re: There seems to be some progress

Oh God yes! Thanks for sharing Susi

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 18, 2014 7:45 pm  #3

I'll take any reassurances they want to pass out!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 18, 2014 7:51 pm  #4

Moving closer to getting a date... god, yes, I suppose even such a vague announcement makes us happy now, right?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 18, 2014 8:03 pm  #5

Better know something, even the smallest piece of information, than nothing - that's what I think.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 18, 2014 8:17 pm  #6

SolarSystem wrote:

Moving closer to getting a date... god, yes, I suppose even such a vague announcement makes us happy now, right?

That´s exactly what I was about to write, Solar.. "Moving closer to getting a date", the teaser!! 

But yes, I´m still happy to hear that there´s progress..

May 18, 2014 8:56 pm  #7

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 18, 2014 8:58 pm  #8

I just wanted to post this. I am very sorry for believing them again because I want to believe it. 
Should we better delete the threads?

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 18, 2014 9:00 pm  #9

... or keep it as an example? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 18, 2014 9:07 pm  #10

No, don't delete it. Actually, I had a good laugh because of one of those comments on twitter which says:

"Well, technically, as time is moving forward, we're getting closer to /everything/ in the future. :-P"

May 18, 2014 9:41 pm  #11

SolarSystem wrote:

"Well, technically, as time is moving forward, we're getting closer to /everything/ in the future. :-P"

Really well said

"

May 18, 2014 11:11 pm  #12

SolarSystem wrote:

No, don't delete it. Actually, I had a good laugh because of one of those comments on twitter which says:

Good point  
When it comes to information about Sherlock, especially dates, I don't believe in any press articles. I need to hear the info drectly from Moffat or Gatiss, or see a proof like Benedict's dyed hair. No less.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 19, 2014 5:51 am  #13

So, here is the official proof of what Mark has said and not said, right at the beginning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTdG3JCUrsY

May 19, 2014 6:10 am  #14

Okay, so overlapping schedules, "increasingly difficult, but we´re getting there..".. 
I´ll stick to the "we´re getting there" and his spontaneous "yes, yes" in the beginning, but it makes me worried they might not even make (early) 2016..

Keep calm and wait for official announcement, keep calm and wait for official announcement, Zatoichi..

May 19, 2014 6:34 am  #15

I can't believe - don't believe - there will be a gap of more than two years - Moftiss seem so laid back about this show sometimes, but I don't believe they'd risk making people wait that long.
I don't know about overlapping schedules; it seems so easy, sitting at home in my armchair, to find gaps in everyone's work loads to film the next series
Don't know - sometimes aspects of this annoy me a tiny bit.
Just watch the Benedict hair length - that's probably the most accurate indication we'll get!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 19, 2014 7:06 am  #16

Tinks wrote:

I don't know about overlapping schedules; it seems so easy, sitting at home in my armchair, to find gaps in everyone's work loads to film the next series

Well, don't forget when they say "everyone's schedules" they do actually mean everyone; not just Ben and Martin (although they are hardest to pin down). They mean Ben, Martin, all the other cast members, the directors, producers, writers, the studio space and locations - EVERYONE.

Plus afaik they still need to write the scripts!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 19, 2014 8:05 am  #17

Sigh... every time when there seems to be some light at the end of a tunnel only a new darkness comes...

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 19, 2014 8:33 am  #18

I am happy for everything that proves, that there WILL be a forth series for sure.
Because I could not bear if they'd just leave it like that...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

May 19, 2014 8:36 am  #19

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

May 19, 2014 12:20 pm  #20

Well, I kind of assume the significant progress does include the script writing, which should come before everything else. At least the rough draft should be there when they move on to trying to get everyone in the same room.
I'm in no doubt at all that there is going to be a fourth series. The BBC has commisioned it, everyone wants to do it, and I'm certain they are going to agree on a shooting schedule eventually. Don't forget that apart from the creative and artistic issues involved we're also talking a lot of money to be made here. I'm sure the BBC is rather keen on getting another series of Sherlock.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

Board footera