BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 5, 2014 7:13 am  #1121

Re: Post Your Absence

Bye, tobe! Enjoy! And come back home safely - looking forward to your return! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 5, 2014 7:42 am  #1122

She's gone! Bye!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 6, 2014 2:50 pm  #1123

As the end of the college year creeps closer, I need to knuckle down on all my assignments.

I'm stressing out so badly, and I'm far from completing it all so I'm going to part myself away from all things social network.

I should be back properly in June, when everything's all submitted and done.

Bye everyone, take care!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

May 7, 2014 6:45 am  #1124

Hope you're having fun in Copenhagen tobe! And again I'm really sorry your son didn't make it to the final! I saw them live at the first dress rehearsal on Monday and they were awesome! 

Rebecca, good luck with your college work, you will be missed! But school is very important and I commend you for your hard work!

I'm still not really here... it's my day off from the Eurovision work today but I'll be running off to Copenhagen again soon since the Irish Head of Delegation promised me a ticket to today's dress rehearsal! It's so weird, I like the group so much I almost have mummy feelings for them, I want them to do so well! 

I miss you all so much! I'm having the time of my life... but it's weird not being here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 7, 2014 8:02 am  #1125

Carpe diem! Make the most of it. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 9, 2014 6:35 pm  #1126

... I am sort of back. 

I'm happy to be with all of you again... but... meh! I would love to have two more days on duty! Not only for my own self as I've had so much crazy fun, but especially for the Irish group. They were amazing!

Tomorrow I'm going to 'sneak in' to the final through the crew entrance as I still have my ID and then all that remains is seeing the Irish delegation off for their plane home. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 12, 2014 3:28 pm  #1127

I'm off now to visit relatives and probably won't have internet access while I'm there so will be away until Wednesday.
Take care everyone x

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 12, 2014 5:37 pm  #1128

Enjoy yourself, Tinks! We'll all be waiting for you at your return! X

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

May 12, 2014 6:23 pm  #1129

I'm back from all that Eurovision madness!
Had a blast during my days in Copenhagen. Though Latvia didn't make it to the grand finale (apparenty after having been the number 1 worldwide Twitter trend throughout most of the first semi-final) I came back with mostly happy memories.
Completely unexpectedly, I had been given an accreditation for the green room during the show. I was sitting there in front of some millions of TV viewers, waving enthusiastically Latvian flags, dancing with the Armenians during the Portuguese song and drinking water (instead of the Champagne placed on the tables). That was really crazy!
@Phantom: Great pity that we didn't meet. I asked several delegation hosts if they happened to know you, but sadly …no. But then, you were so busy with your Irish delegation. Maybe you wouldn't have had any spare time. I spent long hours with the Latvians in the delegation area. So much waiting… Hats off to all the contestants performing on stage. They all did really tough jobs. This could easily be forgotten when you just see the glitter and glamour onstage.

It's good to be back here, guys!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 12, 2014 6:31 pm  #1130

Wonderful to have you back for good, tobe! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 12, 2014 6:57 pm  #1131

Oh tobe, there you are again...! Really good to have you back- and great to hear that you had a brilliant time in Copenhagen. I hope you and Jöran weren't too disappointed though... he really should have made it to the finale.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 13, 2014 2:13 pm  #1132

Hope to see you soon Tinks!

And I'm glad you had a great time here Tobe! It's been complete madness! All the stories I know I have! 

I actually ended up meeting your son! I was at Euroclub Saturday night (more like Sunday morning) after the final with most of the Irish performers; who I've actually become pretty good friends with! I was a bit drunk and I might have freaked him out a bit when I finally found the curage to say hello and I went "I sort of know your mother!" We had a short talk about Sherlock and Cumbercookies... He's a cool guy! And I LOVE the song! The Irish never stopped singing it, even though they replaced 'clue' with 'cream' in the lyrics... 

I still can't believe all of what happened... It's been a blast! I got to meet Jedward and I can proudly say that Conchita both touched and talked to me backstage... (the reason is not too great as I almost knocked her over while running around like a headless chicken to give the head of delegation his notebook during the rehearsal) 

It's been hard work though, I've lost a lot of weight as I never found time to eat and only had 3 hours of sleep every night. My body is such a mess right now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 13, 2014 6:51 pm  #1133

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I actually ended up meeting your son! I was at Euroclub Saturday night (more like Sunday morning) after the final with most of the Irish performers; who I've actually become pretty good friends with! I was a bit drunk and I might have freaked him out a bit when I finally found the curage to say hello and I went "I sort of know your mother!" We had a short talk about Sherlock and Cumbercookies... He's a cool guy! And I LOVE the song! The Irish never stopped singing it, even though they replaced 'clue' with 'cream' in the lyrics... 

I still can't believe all of what happened... It's been a blast! I got to meet Jedward and I can proudly say that Conchita both touched and talked to me backstage... (the reason is not too great as I almost knocked her over while running around like a headless chicken to give the head of delegation his notebook during the rehearsal) 

Pretty cool, Phantom, that you met Jöran. I will ask him about you tomorrow evening when he will be back in Germany. I was at the Euro Club as well - only on Tuesday/Wednesday. And I met Jedward, too. They were waiting in a queue right in front of me (I've already met them in Düsseldorf three years ago). And Conchita as well. She was the first in the Latvian dressing room to comfort Aarzemnieki after they had been eliminated from the competition. A truly nice guy!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 13, 2014 7:08 pm  #1134

It's such a shame we never got to meet! I kept hoping! Especially sad none of us made it to the final! 

I met Jedward during a photoshoot with Kasey Smith and I really don't know why but I was fangirling pretty hard when they suddenly decided to talk to me wanting to know what my job was etc... 

I am a big fan of Conchita, and even more hearing that story! I can totally imagine her doing that and I bet if she could she would have done the same for 'my' Irish people... it was such a shame! 

Honestly I was about to rush backstage after the final to find Conchita and give her my love... had I not run into the Irish I would have. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 18, 2014 12:17 pm  #1135

I am still on vacation and the internet connection is just for basic stuff.
Miss you guys and I can't wait to check what I have missed.
Until then I will enjoy the Caribbean beach
See you next week.

May 23, 2014 10:03 am  #1136

Right, Crete is waiting for me. Well ... not right now already, but on Sunday morning I am going to leave my sweet home for two weeks. There seems to be an Internet connection but I don't know how it will be and how often I can show up here.
Hopefully I can cope with it not being in here all day. Hard times are coming. Certainly gonna miss you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 23, 2014 10:06 am  #1137

Two weeks? Are you out of your mind??? 
Just kidding of course. Have a lovely vacation! 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 23, 2014 10:07 am  #1138

Wait, two weeks? A yes, right, during the airing of S3E1, I almost forgot. 
Have fun and sun and Ben

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 23, 2014 10:09 am  #1139

Uh, Crete is part of Greece, right? Enjoy! 

May 23, 2014 10:10 am  #1140

Oh yes, the Greek way... 

Board footera