BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 17, 2014 5:14 pm  #21

Re: The Yellow Birds

Somebody on Twitter has pointed out the the film still requires more finance...but I will be happy if Blood Mountain is now off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 17, 2014 5:56 pm  #22

The official confirmation:

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 17, 2014 6:06 pm  #23

Right. Now the question is when it will be filmed. When it's going to be in 2015 ... I am dreaming about the filming of Sherlock later this year. 
Yeah I know, wishful thinking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 17, 2014 6:08 pm  #24

We all have to have our dreams!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 17, 2014 6:09 pm  #25

Exactly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 17, 2014 6:27 pm  #26

I suppose he will have to cut his hair very short for this one. Just saying.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 17, 2014 6:31 pm  #27

Good.
But yes, I do realise what you're saying...
But a wig is an option!

May 17, 2014 6:43 pm  #28

I'm actually a bit nervous about him cutting his hair for some reason... not only for what it means for Sherlock.

I'm not vain and I never judge on appearance at all, but I know my admiration for Cillian Murphy changed a lot when he had to cut his hair in a really, really weird way for a part... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 17, 2014 6:48 pm  #29

I suspect they may alter the script a bit to make Benedict's part more prominent... just saying. Since he seems the key name in the movie. I too, think it is quite "real" this time: only days ago he said in Cracow that he has to projects going this year and he cannot talk yet about one of them: he obviously must have already signed the agreement. 

May 17, 2014 8:15 pm  #30

This is interesting!
I'd think it's another supporting role though and probably quite a brave one in that he might not be a particularly likeable character.
I agree though, better a supporting role in an interesting Movie than the lead in an awful one.
I like the way he makes his choices, even if I don't always think the film will be my cup of Tea.
Phantom, I wouldn't worry about the hair - I doubt he'll completely shave it and his hair seems to grow quite quickly;)
The other thing is, it might mean Sherlock HAS to be filmed this year!

Last edited by Tinks (May 17, 2014 8:16 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 17, 2014 9:19 pm  #31

I wouldn't worry about his hair, either. We've seen him with very short hair in AG, even if it only was for one scene. And his hair in TFE also was... pretty special.
To me the role is important and what he's doing with it. And it wouldn't be the first time for him to play a character that isn't all that likeable... Assange, Paul Marshall... he's pretty good at playing characters with an edge.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 17, 2014 9:21 pm  #32

Yes, I have no problems with him playing a difficult or unlikeable character and/or cutting his hair. I was just thinking of Sherlock, that is all. 

May 17, 2014 9:22 pm  #33

I agree, although I've yet to find any role he doesn't completely nail.
EDIT: sorry, we cross posted.
Goodness knows when Sherlock will be squeezed in.

Last edited by besleybean (May 17, 2014 9:24 pm)

May 17, 2014 9:30 pm  #34

Even before we've heard about "The Yellow Birds" I was wondering about Sherlock. True, now it seems to be even more complicated...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 17, 2014 9:32 pm  #35

Yeah, and he can probably pull off short hair a lot better, I just don't know what was wrong with me concerning Cillian... 

I'm really looking forward to this btw! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 17, 2014 10:09 pm  #36

SolarSystem wrote:

I wouldn't worry about his hair, either. We've seen him with very short hair in AG, even if it only was for one scene. And his hair in TFE also was... pretty special.
To me the role is important and what he's doing with it. And it wouldn't be the first time for him to play a character that isn't all that likeable... Assange, Paul Marshall... he's pretty good at playing characters with an edge.

I agree
And you've just reminded me of a ridiculous comment someone made to me; they really disliked Benedict because "he always plays creepy, horrible characters" - some people just don't get the point of "acting", do they??

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 17, 2014 10:10 pm  #37

Just this...

May 17, 2014 11:53 pm  #38

Great that there will be new film with Ben. With that info I find simultaneously another film to wait for and something new to read 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 18, 2014 12:17 am  #39

Oh Ben, how you make my Amazon Wishlist grow.   

And for the record, this was in the Variety article.

"The pic revolves around two young soldiers (Sheridan and Poulter) who are taken under the wing of an older sergeant (Cumberbatch) as they are deployed to Iraq."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 18, 2014 6:21 am  #40

yes, I bet the book sales increase now!
I'd be interested to know what those of you who read it think of it?

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

Board footera