BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 15, 2014 5:40 pm  #321

Re: The "Good News" thread

Haha, thanks!

May 16, 2014 12:12 pm  #322

I have passed MRCPsych paper 3. :D I can get all my statistics textbooks ready for the bonfire now. *Happy dance.*

May 16, 2014 12:34 pm  #323

Wow, congratulations, belis!
Let them burrrrn!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 16, 2014 10:20 pm  #324

Congrats to everyone who has had good news recently x

Tonight my 8 year old learned to go her bike without stablisers.

This Monday my best friend goes into hospital to have baby number 6 *yes she is nuts*

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

May 17, 2014 10:06 am  #325

Aw, that's lovely Tiggy

I've just been given some new perfume
And I love love love the fragrance got my weekend off to a good start

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 17, 2014 4:16 pm  #326

Clair de la lune?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 17, 2014 4:29 pm  #327

Congrats Belis and Tiggy! Those are both awesome good news!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 18, 2014 6:25 pm  #328

Hooray! The HSV will stay in the German Bundesliga!!! 

Last edited by stoertebeker (May 18, 2014 6:26 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 18, 2014 6:28 pm  #329

Gosh, stoertebeker, I had the most boring evening yesterday because my family is into Bayern München...yawn..

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 18, 2014 6:38 pm  #330

Yeah, being a Bayern Fan must be relativly boring  . But on the other hand, I would prefer a bit less thrill next season for Hamburg. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 19, 2014 9:25 am  #331

I'm starting as an intern at the hospital's childrens ward at 9am tomorrow! 

It's the same place I did my training as a Healthcare Service Secretary! It's only 4 weeks to start off, but they might, and I'm almost sure they will, offer me a longer internship that will pay me more than just my benefits! Yay! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 19, 2014 9:57 am  #332

Great news Phantom! Hope you enjoy it

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 19, 2014 6:39 pm  #333

From herding people at Eurovision to children in a hospital?  Fascinating.   That's cool! 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 21, 2014 6:53 pm  #334

Thank you, both of you! Oh it's good to be back!

Everone still remembers me and actually seem happy to have me back! Sure there's still some kinks that need to be fixed, but I love being back! (Even if my body doesn't agree)

It really reminds me this is what I want to do for the rest of my life...

... And then I have started talking to a really cool guy in a chat room, I know it's not going to go anywhere but already from the first talk he was trying to make plans for us to meet there the next day... this is what, our 4th day talking? He just makes me smile I guess... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 22, 2014 9:40 pm  #335

I'm really happy today. I finished my seminar paper on Sherlock, our ice hockey team is in the semi-finals, I had a free voucher so I was travelling in business class and I joined the OSAJ

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

May 23, 2014 2:39 am  #336

Just got home from watching my daughter graduate from high school.  So proud, so happy and a little bit wistful that my baby has grown up.
It's wonderful though to see and love the person she's becoming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 25, 2014 3:45 pm  #337

So... I made some cash working in the kitchen yesterday at my mother's friends 60th Birthday party...I made a lot actually! 

And I got a check in the post today from RTÈ with a surprise payment for my work for the Irish delegation during the Eurovision! I had to check the numbers a few times in my currency app... 

The funny thing is, I would have done both of those without payment... even at the party. I am not a fa of big events with a lot of people who expect me to talk to them etc and I always end up running behind my mother or I go to the kitchen to lend a hand to hide... 

I litterally went from "Oh, I guess I'll have to find a card board box and eat out of the bins... or I could just jump out of the window" to "Oooh lets go shopping!! I need some DVD's... oh and that looks nice too!"

Funny how money can drive your moods like that

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (May 25, 2014 3:47 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 29, 2014 1:20 pm  #338

I ran into my best friend by accident today! I haven't seen her in months! 

It was all high pitched squeals and just... aaw!

But the best part? A month ago I was giving her some dating advice and she was really a mess about if she should tell this guy what she felt for him or not. I never got an update on how it went... and when I met her it was at the train station where she was waiting for that very guy! He's good to her and gosh she's so in love! She deserves to be that happy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 29, 2014 2:03 pm  #339

I'm glad to hear that Phantom!

The good news for me is that I've only six days left in school, then I don't have school for two months! And I'm free today, tomorrow and next Friday

June 3, 2014 5:13 pm  #340

Such a silly thing to be really happy about... but!

I've started an internship at the hospital and last time I was there I was so envious of the medical secretaries who got to wear the same uniforms as the nurses... and us other secretaries weren't allowed... now we are permitted to wear them when we are near patients.

I am going to be wearing a nurses uniform!! Haha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera