BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 14, 2014 8:34 pm  #21

Re: Avoiding a murder conviction

I'm pretty sure that Mycroft was in on it. Otherwise, why the hell would he take his laptop to Christmas dinner and just leave it lying around on the table?? And yeah, his line "something in the punch". It's kind of loaded. It's as though they both know that there's something in the punch, and that this is part of their plan. Mycroft would agree to get drugged by Sherlock because he knew that would give him an alibi and avoid him getting any blame. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 14, 2014 9:06 pm  #22

My theory is that Mycroft knew what was going on and decided not to intervene and to play along to Sherlock's plans, which he had all anticipated. Part of me also thinks that the whole 'mission thing' was too much of a coincidence, maybe a plan for last resort. The reason why he did not actively plot with Sherlock is that if someone found out that he was involved, there would be repercussions. Sherlock's position was easier. 

Also: we don't see him drink. 

May 14, 2014 10:06 pm  #23

But when Mycroft says, "Oh, Sherlock, what have you done?" he says it so plaintively that I just can't believe he knew that Sherlock was going to shoot CAM.  Maybe Sherlock gave his brother some hints.  But then why would Mycroft warn Sherlock earlier not to try and bring CAM down?  He sounded like he meant it there. 

Regarding leaving the laptop in plain sight, maybe Mycroft felt completely secure there, at his parents' home.  He knew everyone present and he had no reason to suspect anything would be amiss.  Or--maybe the laptop was just a decoy and really didn't have state secrets on it at all.  We never actually find out so it could just be a set up.

There's just too many possibilities!  I only hope we get some answer eventually.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

May 15, 2014 5:11 am  #24

I like all you guy's theories.

Here's my two questions:

1) If Mycroft had every ability and intention to make the murder charge "just go away" - why send Sherlock into exile? 

2) If Mycroft did not have the ability/intention to make the murder charge go away - why is he able to recall Sherlock from exile so easily?

Things that make you go *hmm*.

May 15, 2014 7:48 am  #25

No idea. In quasi-legal terms, I don't think Mycroft will make the charges go away. Just coz he can, doesn't mean that he will. Coz the show has never been about breaking the law, it has always been about out-smarting it. There is a difference. Hopefully, the outsmarting this time will be almost-legal like every other time

Last edited by saturnR (May 15, 2014 7:49 am)

May 15, 2014 3:56 pm  #26

It'll be exactly as it was with Moriarty.
No announcement that CAM is dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera