BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2014 7:20 am  #21

Re: Hiddleston in series 4?

For me - even if Tom was someone I did have a crush on - it would be too much of a so called "nod to the fandom" to have him in the show.
I don't think Sherlock should go down that road, personally, and I'm sure, for those that would like to see it, the opportunity for Benedict and Tom to act together again in something else will present itself at some point in the future.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 11, 2014 7:31 am  #22

Tom is a class act.
If there is a suitable role for him in Sherlock, I see no reason why he shouldn't take it.
It worked well with Amanda as Mary and at the end of the day, Benedict and Tom are just friends- not partners!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 11, 2014 7:36 am  #23

I know
But lots of fans *squee* (is that the right word?!) over the friendship and I think the writers must be aware of that.
I feel it could distract a bit from the storyline.
But, hey, it's just an opinion - I wouldn't throw my toys out of the pram if it did happen!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 11, 2014 7:44 am  #24

Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 11, 2014 9:29 am  #25

Tinks wrote:

and I'm sure, for those that would like to see it, the opportunity for Benedict and Tom to act together again in something else will present itself at some point in the future.

I definitely hope so. And I hope it will be something better than "War Horse", that movie was just...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 11, 2014 9:34 am  #26

Oh it was alright, but yes, would like to see them together again.

May 11, 2014 9:42 am  #27

Tom is a great, charismatic actor who would enrich the Sherlock ensemble.
It would be great if he was NOT the villain. Just, everyone would him expect to be and then...

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

May 11, 2014 9:44 am  #28

I wouldn't expect that at all...
But sometimes villains are meatier character.

May 11, 2014 10:05 am  #29

Very true. In most times they are created and represented more complex and charismatic. Maybe that's also why most people prefer villains and anti-heros to the shining white knight.

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

May 11, 2014 10:07 am  #30

I'd quite like to see him working for Mycroft...maybe even keeping an eye on Mary...another agent, perhaps?

May 11, 2014 10:12 am  #31

Love his performance in Thor 1, great actor  but he's in Sherlock?? EVEN BETTER!!!! 

May 11, 2014 10:17 am  #32

Calm down...not yet, he isn't!

May 11, 2014 10:22 am  #33

besleybean wrote:

Calm down...not yet, he isn't!

And probably not likely to be, sadly.
But so much fun to imagine!

Board footera