BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2014 10:19 pm  #1

hi from the wilds of Canada

Hi! I've been reading the boards here for a bit and decided it was time to jump in the pool. I can't believe I'm joining a fan forum, but my three friends who watch the show have no desire to pick it apart. And, okay, I seriously need a Sherlock 12-step program. I don't know what I'll do if season 4 doesn't happen.

(FYI, I'm a very well known blogger in my niche and there's a lot about me online under my real name, so I'd prefer to remain anonymous.)

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 10, 2014 1:02 pm  #2

Re: hi from the wilds of Canada

Hi, Mary, warm welcome and have fun.
It's a pity we're not supposed to follow your blog but I see your point. Anyway this is a great place to relax and have fun.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 10, 2014 4:27 pm  #3

Hello Mary, have a nice time and a lot of fun

maryagrawatson wrote:

. I don't know what I'll do if season 4 doesn't happen.

Don't even think of that, of course season 4 will appear ( well it will probably be realised in 2016 and I think waiting will turn us to look like a skull in Sherlock's mantelpiece but that's the price of being fan )

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 10, 2014 4:42 pm  #4

MartaSt wrote:

Don't even think of that, of course season 4 will appear ( well it will probably be realised in 2016 and I think waiting will turn us to look like a skull in Sherlock's mantelpiece but that's the price of being fan )

I dunno. I've been reading some Martin Freeman interviews that make me think he's not that keen to get back to the Sherlock universe. I'm getting nervous...

Mary

May 10, 2014 10:22 pm  #5

maryagrawatson wrote:

MartaSt wrote:

I dunno. I've been reading some Martin Freeman interviews that make me think he's not that keen to get back to the Sherlock universe. I'm getting nervous...

Mary

Welcome on the forum and have fun. 

And I hope newspapers were just misquoting Martin in their search for juicy gossip and sensation... The world of Sherlock would be incomplete without such symphatetic John 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 11, 2014 8:31 am  #6

Hi, warm welcome!    The best way to keep your real name secret is not to give personal details away, though 

Last edited by Harriet (May 11, 2014 8:39 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 11, 2014 5:45 pm  #7

Welcome and have fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 11, 2014 8:48 pm  #8

Hi Mary, I'd be happy to pick apart the details of the show with you anytime. 
In fact, I think that goes for everyone here! 

Last edited by polomare (May 12, 2014 1:24 am)

May 11, 2014 9:53 pm  #9

Hello and welcome to the forum Mary! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 11, 2014 9:58 pm  #10

Thanks everyone.

Harriet-- the trick is to share only what you want to share and to compartmentalize. I might say things here, like OMG BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH IS SO HOT that my readers will never hear.

Mary
(writing that outloud felt so good...)

Board footera