BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2014 4:30 pm  #1

Letters Live

Benedict will be at the Hay Festival on May 31 for another Letters Live event... Not sure what he's reading but tickets just £15!!

And James Rhodes is also playing that same evening. There's some talk of James going to play for Benedict during his reading, or something. Whether that'll happen I don't know but James mentions it on twitter.

I'm clueing for looks

May 9, 2014 6:28 pm  #2

Re: Letters Live

Oooh! I can't wait for this! I LOVE when he reads! YAY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 9, 2014 7:00 pm  #3

Oooo, that's exciting.  Has anyone got a ticket?  I am thinking about it but no-one to go with at the moment.  Am I brave enough to go on my own???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

May 9, 2014 7:06 pm  #4

Wow Clare, 3000 posts!!  Congratulations and so pleased you've used the majority of those posts sharing beautiful Benedict pictures 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 9, 2014 7:07 pm  #5

You are! Don't let the chance slip away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 9, 2014 7:25 pm  #6

Wow didn't even notice that !!!

I have a ticket!! As does Rebecca - she's definitely going but I'm having to wait until Monday when I'm back at work to get clearance to go!

I'm praying I can - it's like a dream, pinch me now!!

I'm clueing for looks

May 9, 2014 7:57 pm  #7

Oooh I'm so happy for you girls!! Congrats on getting those tickets!!

I will cross every part of my body that you can go Clare, you both deserve to go!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 9, 2014 10:23 pm  #8

Thanks sweetie!! I have everything crossed too...ok paper it shouldn't be a problem but my boss is an arse unfortunately.... I shall let you know Monday!! X

I'm clueing for looks

May 10, 2014 12:18 am  #9

Yep, I have a ticket!!!

I'm praying so hard that you can come, Clare! X

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

May 10, 2014 7:38 am  #10

Hope you both get there girls and enjoy the event.
I've never see Benedict perform live, but James is fab!

Last edited by besleybean (May 10, 2014 7:39 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 10, 2014 2:18 pm  #11

Yeah, I hope you have a great time
And tell us all about it, of course!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 10, 2014 2:31 pm  #12

I'll be taking my camera, so you'll hopefully all have scrumptious photos on my return!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

May 10, 2014 2:34 pm  #13

Thanks Rebecca - something to look forward to

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 11, 2014 9:55 am  #14

Ahhhh I am such an idiot!  Was out all day yesterday and didn't buy a ticket in the morning when I had the chance.  I get home and find the news is announced and no tickets left.  I am very cross with myself 

Clare and Rebecca - hope you have an amazing time, I will be thinking of you whilst kicking myself!!

May 12, 2014 6:55 am  #15

Sorry you missed out, Biggles
Clare and Rebecca - will you be seeing James Rhodes perform too? Or is that a different venue?

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 12, 2014 3:39 pm  #16

I ONLY GOT THE BLOODY DAY OFF CLEARED WITH MY BOSS AND NOW IM DEFINITELY GOING!!!!!!!!!

Pretend I wasn't shouting.

I cannot tell you how excited I am about this - an hour with Benedict!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm clueing for looks

May 12, 2014 4:08 pm  #17

Oh clare, pull yourself together. 
And enjoy it!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 12, 2014 4:27 pm  #18

rebeccaholmes wrote:

I'll be taking my camera, so you'll hopefully all have scrumptious photos on my return!

We'll be waiting in Benedict's pictures thread

God, you'll hear Benedict reading! Enjoy the event, Clare and Rebecca! So sorry for you, Biggles!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 12, 2014 7:48 pm  #19

I have entered a competition today to try and win tickets - me and a billion other people!!  Next time I have the chance I shall be firmly grasping it.  Damn you anxiety!

Ooh you girls are so lucky!!! 

May 12, 2014 9:14 pm  #20

Thank you all for your kinds words!

Biggles - There's always a next time. Your time will come, I know it. We will all get our chances, don't you worry! Sending big hugs! X

Board footera