BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2014 11:59 pm  #3041

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

... you have 'Stayin' Alive' as your ringtone and when it goes off you ask the people who are with you "d'you mind if I get that?" and then answer it: "Hello? Yes of course it is, what do you want?" - and all of it in a german speaking environment. (fortunately, it was my best friend on the phone who got it - but the others who were with me didn't and it was really funny).

Last edited by James Norrington (May 1, 2014 11:59 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

May 2, 2014 4:24 pm  #3042

When you leave the house without your skirt (I had thick leggings on, thank goodness)... and when you realize you hear John's voice in your head: "We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 8, 2014 5:08 pm  #3043

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

When you leave the house without your skirt (I had thick leggings on, thank goodness)... and when you realize you hear John's voice in your head: "We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants"

This. 

When you try to deduce people you see on the bus. Even if you did it a hundred times before and never got anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 8, 2014 5:12 pm  #3044

Exactly what I'm trying right now, Marta.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 8, 2014 5:17 pm  #3045

gently69 wrote:

Exactly what I'm trying right now, Marta.

Since when?? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 8, 2014 5:31 pm  #3046

Sorry what?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

May 8, 2014 5:33 pm  #3047

When did you start deducing people? Or do you do it just on the bus? 

May 8, 2014 5:47 pm  #3048

Are you afraid that I did it when we ... No, there wasn't any need to deduce. That was obvious. LOL

Last edited by gently69 (May 8, 2014 5:48 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

May 8, 2014 5:53 pm  #3049

May 8, 2014 5:55 pm  #3050

gently69 wrote:

Are you afraid that I did it when we ... No, there wasn't any need to deduce. That was obvious. LOL

I'm sensing Sherlock! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 8, 2014 5:58 pm  #3051

Marta wrote:

When you try to deduce people you see on the bus. Even if you did it a hundred times before and never got anything.

Good to now that I'm not the only one who never gets anything even after staring for 2 hours while sitting in the train

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 12, 2014 12:13 am  #3052

You look to the rooftops of all St.Barth's-height buildings and expect to see a man with floppy-curly hair, a great-looking coat and a cell-phone.

May 12, 2014 12:37 am  #3053

Davina wrote:

You cannot put a scarf on without tying it the same way as Sherlock

A friend recently called me on wearing my scarf like Sherlock does, teasing me about my obsession with the show. I pulled out photographic proof that I have been wearing my scarves that way for going on 10 years. She was surprised. So you know you're obsessed with Sherlock when it takes the show for you notice for the first time in almost 10 years that your friend wears a scarf tied that way in all but the hottest weather! (I feel naked with my scarf.  )

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 12, 2014 2:27 am  #3054

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when....

Every time your friends invite you over to their place for tea... you thank them by carving "I.O.U." into a piece of fruit and leave it laying around for them to find.

May 13, 2014 9:13 pm  #3055

When your DVD player throws a bit of a fit and you panic because if it breaks then you can't watch Sherlock. And when you realize you left one of the S3 DVD's in it you nearly have a heart attack.

It's all good now. thank goodness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 14, 2014 12:25 am  #3056

You think one of the most exciting things about the new series of "24" is that it's set in London.

You get a shiny new Kindle Fire for Mother's Day and the first thing you do is start downloading fics.

You're at the Georgia Aquarium watching the otter's play and you can't help but imagine them all wearing little blue scarves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 14, 2014 3:28 am  #3057

iTunes informs you that you have played "December 1963 (Oh, what a night)" (the song from the end of TSOT) 217 times... OMG, I need a new dance tune. Then again, it's  4-minute song, so that means I've gotten 14.5 hours of exercise out of it!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 14, 2014 5:33 am  #3058

You hear Radio 2 (which you don't normally listen) at work and catch a song by Nat King Cole(who you're not a particulat fan of) , which you instantly love- because it mentions Sherlock Holmes!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 14, 2014 6:24 pm  #3059

You see a poster with a curly haired violinist on it, with his fingers steepled under his chin - and you are overjoyed that Sherlock is going to have a concert in your town! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 14, 2014 6:35 pm  #3060

My husband does a lot of work with the BSI(Britisih Standards Institute).But of course I always think of the Baker Street Irregulars!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera