BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 20, 2014 7:43 am  #21

Re: Mark Gatiss confirmed for 4th series of Game of Thrones!!!

I must admit I don't watch GoT, but how odd! It seemed pretty definite he was in it, I thought?
I don't know how accurate IMDB is lately - I've come across a few things on there recently which are out of date, or wrong.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 20, 2014 7:57 am  #22

I don't watch the show (although I plan to at some point), but it seems Gatiss talked about his role in an interview at the end of February, so it'd be odd if his involvement had changed not two months later: http://winteriscoming.net/2014/02/24/mark-gatiss-talks-game-of-thrones-with-metro-uk/ Especially since I'm assuming that season 4 would already have been shot at that point. I don't know the books either, but maybe his character will only appear in later episodes?

Oh, and I wouldn't count on IMDb being terribly accurate. Any user can make suggestions to have credits changed or deleted, and I've found that most of the time they're accepted by the admins. I'm not sure just how thoroughly the sources for update requests are checked over there. It's a little bit like Wikipedia, really.

Last edited by TeeJay (April 20, 2014 7:59 am)

April 20, 2014 8:12 am  #23

I've never read the books and never watched any of the show, tho my parents are fans.
I will certainly watch to see Mark.
When doies it air in the UK?

Last edited by besleybean (April 20, 2014 8:12 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 20, 2014 5:06 pm  #24

I love the show, but am lagging behind because Hubby refuses to watch it in English. Rightfully so, I think. The plot is very ... HBO-ish, which means compact, multi-layered, with loads of details that will become important three seasons later without ever being explained again. I can understand why he insists on following that in German.

I really hope Mark is still in it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 8, 2014 10:51 am  #25

Mark will be there the next (sixth) episode!

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

May 8, 2014 11:37 am  #26

I squealed like a little girl when I saw him in the previews!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 18, 2014 1:21 am  #27

Pity he only appeared in one episode this season. I hope he will back next season in a more extended role.

August 28, 2014 4:17 pm  #28

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

Board footera