BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 5, 2014 5:08 pm  #1

So,who's the smartest in the series?Mycroft or Moriarty?

Both Mycroft and Moriarty are apparently smarter than Sherlock.Mycroft already defeated him in deduction,twice at least and Moriarty knows how to hide away the evidences from Sherlock and fooled him by a very simple trick....
But between Mycroft and Moriarty,who's smarter? I personally think it's Mycroft as he figured out Moriarty's plan of killing Sherlock in Reichenbach Fall and came up with a solution,prevented Moriarty's assassins from killing Watson and also he almost outsmarted Moriarty in the terrorrist attack on the Jumbo jet by putting dead people there on the plane until Sherlock ruined everything by revealing the truth.

May 5, 2014 5:18 pm  #2

Re: So,who's the smartest in the series?Mycroft or Moriarty?

Mary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 5, 2014 7:26 pm  #3

I agree that Mycroft is smarter. I think Sherlock and Moriarty are on the same level ( Moriarty tricked Sherlock but finally he has to kill himself to prevent Sherlock from winning).

Schmiezi wrote:

Mary.

And above all of them is Mary, agree

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 5, 2014 8:43 pm  #4

Yes Schmiezi!!! Mary!! Why is it always 'm' that is the smartest???

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

May 5, 2014 8:51 pm  #5

Mherlock and Mohn. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 5, 2014 9:31 pm  #6

Hahaha ok well nearly almost always.... ;)

Mherlock sounds like a double fandom character from Sherlock and Merlin!!!! Hahaha Mhon!!!!! Literally dying with laughter right now!!!! :')

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

May 6, 2014 3:58 pm  #7

Well Charles Augustus may be smarter than Sherlock....

May 13, 2014 1:11 am  #8

Clearly, Archie is smarter than all of them.

He solved Major Sholto's murder after all. 

May 13, 2014 1:34 am  #9

polomare wrote:

I really want to see this kid solving crimes with Sherlock in season 4.

As for the question, if I am correct that the Moriarty we've seen so far is not the real Moriarty (I am super vague on ACD canon, but I believe there were two Moriarties), then Moriarty is smarter than anyone else we've seen on the show as he has yet to reveal himself and his real plan.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 13, 2014 1:39 am  #10

maryagrawatson wrote:

polomare wrote:

Ditto here! 
Imagine the possible storylines... headless nuns and all. ;-)

May 13, 2014 5:59 am  #11

I'm trying to wipe that image!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 13, 2014 4:40 pm  #12

Don't worry, Besley!  Turns out they're just mannequins... museum display.

May 13, 2014 7:16 pm  #13

Tricky question. Eventhough I love Moriarty, I would say Mycroft anticipates things better than Moriarty does. Mycroft is good at controlling his own temper, which makes him react after thought. On the other hand, Moriarty's madness could lead him to reacting too fast because of his "feelings" (hatred/sadism/anger) 

May 13, 2014 7:26 pm  #14

Seems the case so far!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 16, 2014 9:40 am  #15

maryagrawatson wrote:

polomare wrote:

Mary

We already know who else will work for Sherlock:Bill Wiggins.His deductive skills!!!!....(sighs)...

May 16, 2014 4:10 pm  #16

I like him.

Board footera