BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2014 4:33 pm  #1

Secrets

I bet we all have secrets; and granted some of them doesn't even belong on this forum...

But once in a while it's good to have a place to tell some of those secrets you can't tell people face to face.

I'll start with one:

I have psychic abilities that I try to hide and forget about; I haven't really told anyone about them and the last few years I've tried to dull them down.

I have premonitions and visions of things that are about to happen; I have dreams that come true; or there will be hints in my dreams at my or other people's future... Sometimes I can 'lock in' on a person and feel what they are feeling both physically and emotionally even if they are not in the room... 

I once had a free online service where people could ask me questions about their future and I would get lots of feedback about stuff actually happening.

But it's something that scares me... it got a bit 'out of hand' and sometimes there are just things you don't need to know about strangers so I've learned to ignore it most of the time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 4, 2014 4:45 pm  #2

Re: Secrets

I have OCD..
Only my family know about this, and it's something I'm really not prepared for friends to know about, because everybody has different opinions on it.
I have the kind in which I get angry if things aren't symmetrical or in a certain order - also, I keep lists/agendas on just about everything.

One would think that I was just an extremely organised person, but with me, it's the next level.

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 4, 2014 6:27 pm  #3

To be honest, I don't think I have any secrets. I'm kinda boring. I'm aware of a few family secrets, but nothing involving me.

Oh actually! When I was a teenager, I saw our then neighbour (a young trendy guy) doing a line of drugs at his table! Does that class as a secret? I lived in a terrace house, and my bedroom window was along the side and I could look into his living room window (hard to explain the geography).

March 4, 2014 6:40 pm  #4

I know lots of other people's secrets (becouse of the job I do people tell me things that they often don't discuss with anyone else) but I don't have any of my own.

March 4, 2014 6:48 pm  #5

Also a few years ago I found a picture of a man I think might be my father... I've not told anyone as I'm scared my mother would find out.

I searched my childhood home one day she wasn't home and came across a picture of a man who had my dark hair and I guess I could see myself in some of his features. The picture was dated about a year before my birth. 

Not the most flattering picture though; he was half asleep on a couch with a beer in his hand... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 4, 2014 12:00 am  #6

I fall in love easily, but I've never had a boyfriend/girlfriend. Sometimes I develop crushes on people I really don't want to have a crush on. It can be my friend's partner, a person to old for me or a person which is not accepted for me to like. I never tell anyone about these crushes, I just let them pass... So they become my secrets.

May 4, 2014 7:19 am  #7

Ironically, the big secret I feel I'm carrying at he moment I can't tell anybody and particularly on this forum!  But at least it's something nice,but anyway...
I have to say that for me, secrets often lose their significance over time.
I mean, I guess the biggest secret I've kept so far is ftom my family(parents, siblings)and that is the one about my having been to court over personal threats.
At the time it was a massive deal and also very frighthening...but it's years ago now.

Last edited by besleybean (May 4, 2014 7:20 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 4, 2014 7:49 am  #8

Sounds scary besleybean! Glad it's behind you now.
And your nice secret sounds intriguing - hope it brings you happiness

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 4, 2014 8:14 am  #9

Oh that current secret  is absolutely nothing to do wirth me, but it is currently making me happy-- yes.
Yes, the threat thing got all very nasty, well it began with an anoymous phone caller, threatening to fire bomb my house...that kind of set the tone!
You've just prompted another memory, actually.
A few years back my son told me about soemthing he'd done: I wish he hadn't done it and I certainly wish he hadn't told me!
I mean, in the grand scheme of things it was a tad trivial, but I was shocked that any son of mine would do such a thing and I let him know in no uncertain tems that I was totally disappointed in him.
He's grown up and moved on..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera