BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 2, 2014 9:03 pm  #41

Re: Four things I would prefer NOT to see in series 4

Arabella Trefoil wrote:

But here's what I do NOT want to see.

Mycroft's naked body parts. (Face, neck and hands = OK.)

Oh God Yes, I agree in 100%. Never again, it doesn't fit to this character.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 2, 2014 9:05 pm  #42

Again?
I would love to see this gorgeous man naked.
But I doubt we will.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 3, 2014 5:13 am  #43

MartaSt wrote:

Arabella Trefoil wrote:

But here's what I do NOT want to see.

Mycroft's naked body parts. (Face, neck and hands = OK.)

Oh God Yes, I agree in 100%. Never again, it doesn't fit to this character.

Oh I loved this scene, I will treasure it forever  .

About Sherlock losing: That's one thing I don't want to see in S4. I think we saw him lose quite often, he would have lost against the cabbie if John hadn't saved him, with Irene it was very close and he just turned it around in the last second, he kind of lost against Moriarty because although he survived he had to give up his life and everything he loved due to his scheme, he lost against Mary when he couldn't deduce her and didn't see she would actually shoot at him and he lost against Magnussen - shooting him out of desparation he had been beaten is not winning imo. So no, I don't want to see Sherlock fail again so soon.

May 3, 2014 7:22 am  #44

Completely agree - I'd like to see him become sharper, while still remaining a tiny bit human.
What I wouldn't want in season 4 is;

1 - Sherlock babysitting. Awkward man awkwardly looking after a baby has been done too many times in too many TV shows and Movies, so no thank you!
2 - Mary and Baby dying. I don't think I'll ever "like" Mary after what was done with her in HLV but I really don't want any more angst for John. We know Martin is great at playing hurt, emotional scenes, but we don't need it all the time!
3 - I agree with the point about no more geniuses. One more criminal mastermind who outsmarts Sherlock and I'll be left wondering why people turn to him for help since there are so many people who are so much more clever than him!
4 - No more Molly slaps, John headbutts, or the idea that threatening someone's life is actually trying to save  that life!! I didn't like the idea that violence is funny or acceptable - sorry 

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 3, 2014 7:42 am  #45

I am standing up and cheering at you last point.
Can I add that I also don't want Sherlock to murder anybody else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 3, 2014 10:50 am  #46

Zatoichi wrote:

About Sherlock losing: That's one thing I don't want to see in S4. I think we saw him lose quite often, he would have lost against the cabbie if John hadn't saved him, with Irene it was very close and he just turned it around in the last second, he kind of lost against Moriarty because although he survived he had to give up his life and everything he loved due to his scheme, he lost against Mary when he couldn't deduce her and didn't see she would actually shoot at him and he lost against Magnussen - shooting him out of desparation he had been beaten is not winning imo. So no, I don't want to see Sherlock fail again so soon.

Interesting point of view.  I agree about loosing against Moriarty and Magnussen but on the other hand I completely disagree about loosing against cabbie if John hadn't saved him. In my opinion even if John hadn't helped him, Sherlock would have won becasue he exactly new which pill was the good one. I think he was trembling before taking the pill not because he was scared of death but becasue to him it was something new, something that never happen to him before and he was totally enjoying this situation. This is how I see it.

About loosing against Mary - I'm not quite sure. Moriarty, cabbie and Magnussen were threats from the begining but Sherlock never consider Mary as a threat before meeting in Magnussen's office and after that he quite fast discovered the truth about her. So in my opinion beeing shot by Mary was not his failure but rather unexpected and unpredictable situation.

besleybean wrote:

Can I add that I also don't want Sherlock to murder anybody else.

Agree

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 3, 2014 1:01 pm  #47

MartaSt wrote:

Zatoichi wrote:

Interesting point of view.  I agree about loosing against Moriarty and Magnussen but on the other hand I completely disagree about loosing against cabbie if John hadn't saved him. In my opinion even if John hadn't helped him, Sherlock would have won becasue he exactly new which pill was the good one. I think he was trembling before taking the pill not because he was scared of death but becasue to him it was something new, something that never happen to him before and he was totally enjoying this situation. This is how I see it. 

The cabbie is debatable, maybe Sherlock would have won, but I see it like John that he was just guessing and risking his life to prove he is clever. Like he said in the beginning, it´s just a 50/50 chance (provided the cabbie was playing fair, which I highly doubt).

I wouldn´t like to see Sherlock kill again, too, but I also don´t think that there´s a risk for it to happen.

May 9, 2014 5:55 pm  #48

OH! OH! 

Chills.

The very last ep of s4: Mary is revealed to be the brains behind Moriarty. And she leaves Sherlock and John in a bad, bad, BAD place. 

Basically The Great Game take two, but worse. 

The baby? Moriarty's via artficial insemination. :-)

Yeah, I know. Raven, get off the crack. 

May 9, 2014 6:24 pm  #49

1) the BABY. I know lots of people think it's the most adorable development but the mere thought of it bores me to no end. No awkward Sherlock-baby interactions. No tedious scenes with doting John. I would rather the kitchen table at 221B were covered in Erlenmayer flasks and human remains than nappies and bottles of Formula. I don't think the baby will die at all, so all I can hope for is that it's not actually John's.

2) I am sure that many of you would protest but I don't care much for either Molly or Irene. The latter is interesting but she should become Sherlock's friend and keep her distances, if anything. I don't want a repeat of Sherlock's ground shaking in her vicinity.

3) Sherlock can be 'humanised' and remain the brilliant obnoxious arsehole (his words, not mine) he was when we met him. So I hope for less emotional vulnerability in S4, except from his vulnerability to John (that's long established).

4) I once read a very funny fic featuring Lestrade, John, Sherlock and Donovan going on a road trip together for a case. I want THAT to happen.

Last edited by TheSkull (May 10, 2014 3:24 pm)

May 10, 2014 7:35 am  #50

I keep getting really confused by this thread...
I just about reply to somebody and then think, no, this is supposed to be about what we don't want to see...

May 12, 2014 11:17 pm  #51

Tinks wrote:

1 - Sherlock babysitting. Awkward man awkwardly looking after a baby has been done too many times in too many TV shows and Movies, so no thank you!

I want to see Sherlock babysitting, because he is going to be awesome at it. It's going to be one of those things like the fact that he drives and motorbikes like a boss and that his parents are completely normal that will take all of us by surprise!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 13, 2014 5:57 am  #52

It'll only take me by surprise if it actually happens,

May 13, 2014 5:51 pm  #53

I thought the same thing about the best man's speech. No way they were not gonna screw it up, create awkward slapstick etcetera. I really had no hope for that one. But then Moffat came... 

May 13, 2014 5:54 pm  #54

I entirely agree with you on that.

May 14, 2014 8:40 pm  #55

Moffat can screw with my mind and my heart all he wants. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 14, 2014 8:44 pm  #56

May 14, 2014 8:59 pm  #57

Does that mean what I think it means? 

May 15, 2014 5:26 am  #58

For me it just means the Sherlock team are the best writers around and Mark and Steven are the biggest Sherlock fan boys, so i always bow to their superior knowledge and talent.

May 15, 2014 11:20 am  #59

Oh, I was responding to SH, I had a dirty mind, but it was probably unintensional from her. 

I agree, whatever Moftiss are gonna come up with, I'm probably going to like it. A lot. 

May 15, 2014 11:41 am  #60

silverblaze wrote:

Oh, I was responding to SH, I had a dirty mind, but it was probably unintensional from her. 

I agree, whatever Moftiss are gonna come up with, I'm probably going to like it. A lot. 

That happens to me all the time.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera