BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2014 2:09 pm  #21

Re: What films in the pipeline are you keen to see?

Guardians of the Galaxy.  It looks like it's going to be really funny and really bada**, which is like the perfect combination for me XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

April 25, 2014 11:58 am  #22

Since catching up with the Marvel universe over the Easter hols, I'm now looking forward to seeing -

Avengers 2 (though dissapointed Loki won't be in it).
Thor 3 (though I guess this is a long way off).
Captain America 2
Iron Man 3

The latter I can get on DVD but I'm waiting for the price to come down a bit.

April 30, 2014 8:43 am  #23

Loki won´t be in Avengers 2??? I am disappointed.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 1, 2014 9:43 am  #24

nakahara wrote:

Loki won´t be in Avengers 2??? I am disappointed.

So I've heard. Guess they need a new baddie.
Soooo hope they hurry up and make a Thor 3...and 4 and 5 and 6 and....

May 1, 2014 3:56 pm  #25

I wonder what would be first - Thor 3 or Sherlock season 4 And yes, sadly Loki won't be in Avengers 2. All I know is the new bad guy will be Ultron but I've no idea who he is.

I'm really looking forward to see X-Men: Days of Future Past and The Imitation Game

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 2, 2014 12:56 pm  #26

Waiting for Frank to be released here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 30, 2014 2:50 am  #27

From Screen Crush News (@screencrushnews): It's official, @rolandemmerich and @Dean_Devlin are rebooting 'Stargate' as a trilogy.
Cool!     *puts it right up there with TMNT and Reading Rainbow in "nostalgic reboots I really hope turn out good"*

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 30, 2014 3:27 am  #28

Avengers 2. Hobbit 3. Hunger Games 3. Finding Dory.

PS: I wish they'd do a sequel to wall.e

June 3, 2014 5:57 pm  #29

Oh, and speaking of nostalgia with the other 'oldies' I posted, anyone else surprised/pleased/cautiously curious about the fact that they're bringing 'The Giver' to the big screen?    Any others 'nudged' by that book as kids?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

June 16, 2014 12:33 pm  #30

Crimson Peak. Now in post-production. Should be fantastic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 28, 2015 6:56 pm  #31

So are there many other Disney fans here?    Curious what your thoughts are on their latest trend to remake favorites as live-action.  Trying to spark up old favorites again?  Churn out a few convenient stories with some neat twists?  I'll admit Cinderella never really caught my eye, but still very much want to see what they creatively did with Maleficent.    Other ones coming up… eh… mixed bag.  Wary of how well Pinnochio and Winnie the Pooh (!) will translate over.  On the other hand…..
So super excited to see such a stellar cast for Beauty and the Beast!   Have you heard who they got?  Looky!

(please pardon the laziness with simply typing everyone's name in here ;))
Emma!  Luke!  Gugu!  Ian!!!  And Stanley's "Cadenza" is a new 'neurotic maestro/grand piano'.  I'm sold (hopefully given the effects are good). 

April 30, 2015 4:05 pm  #32

Looking forward to seeing Far From the Madding Crowd (probably this weekend).

Also Tomorrowland looks interesting.  Black Mass (not a fan of Johnny Depp but the story looks interesting and there is the Cumberbatch factor to consider ).  True Story also looks really interesting - James Franco and Rupert Goold directing.  Woman in Gold definitely has a lot going for it - Helen Mirren, Daniel Brühl, Gustav Klimt - what more could you ask for!!

As well, Suffragette has all the "right stuff" - Meryl Streep, HBC, Meryl Streep... Meryl Streep.

And finally - Regression - sounds spooky and it has Emma Watson and Ethan Hawke in it.

But there are loads others...

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

April 30, 2015 4:15 pm  #33

Russell wrote:

So are there many other Disney fans here? Curious what your thoughts are on their latest trend to remake favorites as live-action. Trying to spark up old favorites again? Churn out a few convenient stories with some neat twists? I'll admit Cinderella never really caught my eye, but still very much want to see what they creatively did with Maleficent. Other ones coming up… eh… mixed bag. Wary of how well Pinnochio and Winnie the Pooh (!) will translate over. On the other hand…..
So super excited to see such a stellar cast for Beauty and the Beast! Have you heard who they got? Looky!

(please pardon the laziness with simply typing everyone's name in here ;))
Emma! Luke! Gugu! Ian!!! And Stanley's "Cadenza" is a new 'neurotic maestro/grand piano'. I'm sold (hopefully given the effects are good).

I have mixed emotions about the trend but seeing how they cast Beauty does give me hope. 

Looking forward to Crimson Peak although it will more than likely scrare the fool out of me.  Big fan of Del Toro.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 1, 2015 11:38 am  #34

Yeah, Crimson Peak, Tarzan, Air, Star Wars, Batman vs Superman....

May 1, 2015 11:39 am  #35

I am hoping that Far From The Madding Crowd will fulfil its promise.

May 1, 2015 4:39 pm  #36

Well, I remember the impact that the 1967 movie had on me.  I, too, hope that this version does the Hardy book justice. 

I thought it was coming this weekend to our city but alas it isn't.  But we will have an opportunity to see Woman in Gold instead apparently - it is here today.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

May 24, 2015 7:15 pm  #37

Next up: Mad Max: Fury Road. Can't wait!

May 24, 2015 7:22 pm  #38

Don't know whether it's my cup of tea, but I have read some stuff on it and it looks cool from a feminist/turning gender roles on their head perspective.

Clueing for looks.

May 27, 2015 7:41 am  #39

Plus I am STILL waiting for Macbeth! It has been screened at Cannes and received excellent reviews (though no awards)....impatient now!

July 13, 2015 12:19 am  #40

Oh… wow.  So I know a bunch of you are also Tom Hardy fans...  heard of this yet?

In keeping with our favorites in interesting historical roles, he plays the Kray brothers, notorious and feared London gangsters in the 50's and 60's.  Considering how well he carried an entire film by himself in 'Locke', playing twin criminals should be fascinating!!  Coming this fall… might have to see it.

(plus, bonus Christopher Eccleston!)

Board footera