BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2014 9:05 pm  #3021

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

tobeornot221b wrote:

Nausicäa Reddington wrote:

When you start trying to poison your friends.

I accidentally "poisoned" my roommate with a sleeping solution or something like that. Slept for a day and half she did, I felt so bad.

Last edited by Nausicäa Reddington (April 24, 2014 9:06 pm)

SH: Can’t handle a broken heart? How very telling.
MH: Don’t be smart.
SH: That takes me back. [adopts creepy child voice]“Don’t be smart Sherlock, I’m the smart one.”
MH [darkly]: I am the smart one.
SH: I used to think I was an idiot
MH: I'm living in a world of goldfish.
SH: I don’t know. No, I thought perhaps you might have found yourself a…goldfish.
MH: Change the subject. Now.

April 24, 2014 10:58 pm  #3022

... when you hear in the news about some junior drug dealers with last names Scott and Brook and you immediately go like: 'Moriarty, what have you done this time?!' :D

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

April 25, 2014 1:46 am  #3023

James Norrington wrote:

... when you hear in the news about some junior drug dealers with last names Scott and Brook and you immediately go like: 'Moriarty, what have you done this time?!' :D

I have a recent one to match that! 
Loafing at your dad's house, not much on tv, so we're just enjoying one of those frequent Law & Order marathons (the older original season).  And every time they roll through the theme song/opening actor credits, you grin because you totally forgot two of the actors in the older one were Michael Moriarty, and Richard Brooks.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 25, 2014 9:27 am  #3024

Russell wrote:

Loafing at your dad's house, not much on tv, so we're just enjoying one of those frequent Law & Order marathons (the older original season). And every time they roll through the theme song/opening actor credits, you grin because you totally forgot two of the actors in the older one were Michael Moriarty, and Richard Brooks.

Wow, really? How cool, I would totally go crazy about that!

Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

April 25, 2014 8:38 pm  #3025

James Norrington wrote:

Russell wrote:

Loafing at your dad's house, not much on tv, so we're just enjoying one of those frequent Law & Order marathons (the older original season). And every time they roll through the theme song/opening actor credits, you grin because you totally forgot two of the actors in the older one were Michael Moriarty, and Richard Brooks.

Wow, really? How cool, I would totally go crazy about that!

Ha, I know!    I made a bemused comment about it, and my dad may or may not have given me a wryly bemused 'uh huh' glance. 
Not sure if you ever watched any of the Law & Order series to remember some of the long-time cast members, but here's the Michael I was talking about: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0605363/?ref_=nv_sr_3
And here's Richard: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1444462/?ref_=nv_sr_5   (…wow, he looks so different than his old Law & Order days…)   Just kinda neat coincidence!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

April 26, 2014 1:45 am  #3026

Oh, thank you for those links, I have to admit I even cheered a bit when I opened them and read they were called Richard Brook and Moriarty, although I knew before. :D
No, I never have watched any Law & Order, neither the old nor the new ones, but it's really lovely to know.

... you somehow write posts here whenever you're a bit drunk (I have no idea why, but I happen to end up here everytime!)

Andrew Scott

Captain Martin Crieff

April 27, 2014 10:12 am  #3027

When you get a list of the delegates you are going to assist at the Eurovision, and the last one is described as a 'Blogger'. 

And your mind goes "I'd be lost without my blogger!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 27, 2014 7:31 pm  #3028

And when you have the newest Danish crime drama on your telly in the background and see Lars Mikkelsen, who you have known for ages... (even seen live where he was lovely and wouldn't continue until me and other women were sitting comfortably and not on the floor)... and you go "OMG, What is CAM up to now??"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 30, 2014 5:51 am  #3029

Perhaps not Sherlock-obsessed, but, you know your brain is sunk into too many similar Doyle short stories you're finally nearly caught up with reading (or perhaps it's also a bit of being a 'product of the times' with modern day familiarity with nature/the world/crime procedurals) that only two pages into 'The Lion's Mane', you instantly know what the solution is.  And then exclaim at Holmes in your head with quite a bit of humor every time he gets a bit of a clue, that 'hey!  it's <solution>!!'   You guys ever done that?   

April 30, 2014 5:53 am  #3030

With that story, yes.
I do think it's the most obvious one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 30, 2014 7:00 am  #3031

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

And when you have the newest Danish crime drama on your telly in the background and see Lars Mikkelsen, who you have known for ages... (even seen live where he was lovely and wouldn't continue until me and other women were sitting comfortably and not on the floor)... and you go "OMG, What is CAM up to now??"

That´s priceless, poor Lars!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 30, 2014 11:22 am  #3032

... when you upgrade your mobile phone to Android 4 and get all excited that you're now able to set a wallpaper for your lock screen, because you've always wanted to have this on your phone:

April 30, 2014 12:01 pm  #3033

Mh shame doesn't work on Belle.

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

April 30, 2014 12:59 pm  #3034

zeratul wrote:

Mh shame doesn't work on Belle.

What or who is Belle, if I may ask?

April 30, 2014 1:15 pm  #3035

Symbian Belle ;) Ancient Nokia OS And I love it!

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

April 30, 2014 6:46 pm  #3036

Ah, I see. Had never heard of it. I'm not a huge Android supporter, it just came with the phone I wanted so I didn't really have much of a choice.

May 1, 2014 5:53 am  #3037

besleybean wrote:

With that story, yes.
I do think it's the most obvious one!

Exactly.  Just wanted to share the humor of it, having finally read, and idly mused whether it was also the same for readers back then.  Because interestingly, it does feel like the most outright obvious one… the majority at least had more narration/subtlety before leading up to giving you an idea of the bigger picture. (or just a explanatory run-down after everything had happened)

And awesome lock-screen, of course… wish I could do that too!   

May 1, 2014 7:21 am  #3038

Such an awesome lock screen! If I ever get tired of my Tardis that is exactly what I need!!

You also know you're obsessed when you have to bite your tongue really hard not to laugh when this happens:

I was waiting at the hotel for the Irish and inside the hotel there is an Italian restaurant. One of the waiters came out after a diner who was slightly drunk... He had curly hair, a moustache that looked almost drawn on, was tall and spoke in a way too thick Italian accent laced with french. Short version: the perfect lovechild of Sherlock as the 'waiter' at The Landmark and the owner of the Italian restaurant where Sherlock and John had their first meal. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 1, 2014 10:46 am  #3039

When you have tried to build your own mind palace
When you have tried to deduce someone you don't know
When you are scared when you hear "Stayin' alive"
When a sudden urge to shoot in the wall takes you when you're bored
When you seriously envisage to learn violin

"The game is... something. On ? Yeah that, that."
"Did you see the queen ? Oh, apparently yes."

May 1, 2014 11:10 pm  #3040

When you and your friend both wear your "I AM SHERLOCKED sweaters downtown together.
When you and your other friend decide to play a Sherlock theme together for 8th grade graduation. (We're thinking about the Taxi Chase track, any other suggestions?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

Board footera