BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 24, 2012 3:25 pm  #1

Rupert Graves

Apparently Rupert Graves has 5 children and is good at football.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 19, 2012 8:02 pm  #2

Re: Rupert Graves

Rupert Graves is in V for Vendetta on BBC America this weekend at 8pm today (Saturday)and 1am tomorrow (Sunday).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 20, 2012 12:34 am  #3

Aww, love Rupert!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 20, 2012 2:05 am  #4

His 'Freddy' in the 1987 movie Maurice?   adorable.   I remember he shot quickly to heartthrob status for men and women alike after that film, for a time.

I enjoyed Mark Gatiss's funny comment in that live chat session last week:

“Mycroft and Lestrade haven’t appeared in any scenes together yet so it would be nice and Rupert’s such a lovely man, it’d be a pleasure. Have you seen ‘Maurice’? Haha."

May 20, 2012 2:27 am  #5

sorry gang,  got my movies switched around.    Rupert's Freddy was from 'Room with a View'. 

His part in 'Maurice'  (Alec?)  also nice...

May 20, 2012 7:46 pm  #6

The first thing I saw him in was an episode of Law and Order UK. He played a unmedicated schizophrenic who murdered three people and then later medicated himself again and was his own defence at his trial. He was really, really good! I think it's in series 3...

May 31, 2012 2:42 pm  #7

By all accounts Rupert Graves is to appear in series 7 of Doctor Who which started filming in February this year. He will be in Episode 2 which, apparently, involves Robots. In the UK the first 5 episodes will be aired from either end August or Autumn 2012, there is a Christmas special and then there will be a further 8 episodes in Part 2.

June 30, 2012 11:27 am  #8

49 today

[img]http://img.xcitefun.net/users/2011/05/245997,xcitefun-happybirthday-text-blue-green1.jpg[/img]

http://www.rupert-graves.com/

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 11:36 am  #9

All the best for you, Rupert. I'll never forget how adorable you were in"Maurice". As time goes by …

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 30, 2012 11:59 am  #10

49?
Doesn't look it...

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 30, 2012 12:06 pm  #11

Molly Hooper wrote:

49?
Doesn't look it...

Most people that age don't look it.
It was a special year for special people.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 1:07 pm  #12

For he's a jolly good fellow!
And he's good at football and has 5 children.

June 30, 2012 1:09 pm  #13

My goodness is everyone younger than me? (:  Happy birthday Rupert!

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 30, 2012 1:14 pm  #14

SP, I'm not so young either: '67 was a very good year, to quote Sinatra  .

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 30, 2012 2:45 pm  #15

SusiGo wrote:

I was born in '56 and I am 56. But I remain an eternally youthful hippie rocker girl

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 30, 2012 3:46 pm  #16

Happy birthday Rupert!

He's such a sweetie.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 30, 2012 8:46 pm  #17

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I was born in '56 and I am 56. But I remain an eternally youthful hippie rocker girl

That's the spirit, SP 

September 9, 2012 1:06 am  #18

Loving Rupert Graves in tonight's new episode of Doctor Who... 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

September 9, 2012 10:00 am  #19

Hahaha he was awesome. Loved him so much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 12, 2012 2:45 pm  #20

Rupert has been filming Air Force One Is Down a two part TV miniseries based upon the Alistair Maclean book. He plays the part of a war criminal Dragutin. This is reportedly due for release on September 18th 2012 in the US. Further information:

www.powcorp.com/title/view/676/alistair-maclean-airforce-one-is-down

And the following official website which also has a great batch of photos:

www.sonarent.com/titles/air-force-one-is-down

Last edited by Davina (September 12, 2012 2:48 pm)

Board footera