BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2014 4:31 am  #61

Re: So it's true.....

This waiting... it's going to feel like forever!!

April 30, 2014 5:39 am  #62

No it won't, it'll feel exactly as long as it did last time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 29, 2014 5:32 am  #63

clareiow wrote:

This tweet just posted..
@Cholesteroldoc: “@HalimaAboudou: Moffat confirmed today in Paris there'll be no #Sherlock before 2016.” So it's true. Dammit.

I'm new to this thread, so sorry if this has been asked and answered. Can we hope for early 2016? January?  If so, that will probably mean either February or May here in the States. Two more years, at least. Could be a lot more, if it's later on in 2016 before it's shown in the UK.

May 29, 2014 5:35 am  #64

We can hope!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 11, 2014 7:43 pm  #65

About series four - why not consult a detective?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 11, 2014 7:50 pm  #66

Brilliant! No wonder we don't know it either 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 11, 2014 9:42 pm  #67

I just hope nobody dies after telling us about the date

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 14, 2014 6:51 pm  #68

An article which appeared yesterday (June 13th) in Christian Today makes some bold and optimist statements, but then it doesn't seem to back them up with anything new.  In fact, it even confuses the issue a bit, either on purpose or by accident.  Don't know which.

First, there's this headline, carefully designed to set the hearts of Sherlock fans pounding with excitement.:

'Sherlock' season 4 release date in 2015, sooner than 2016?

Halleluiah!  The slaves of Goshen have been freed by Pharaoh!  Right?

Well, maybe.  The second paragraph does seem to back up this encouraging statement.

The release date for "Sherlock" season 4 is still unconfirmed. Rumors say that it won't be airing until 2016. But according to Mirror Online, BBC has denied this. A spokesperson from the show told Mirror Online that "Conversations are still ongoing regarding Sherlock's return. Steven Moffat has already said that he has mapped out a fourth series, but it is always depending on cast availability."

Ah yes, that sounds just smashing, what?  But more than one of us here doesn’t trust the Mirror Online very much.  So we must take this news with a grain of salt (and a spot of tea).

But oh dear me – then the article further compromises it’s credibility with this puzzling statement.

According to a source for RadioTimes, season 5 may premiere earlier than 2016. "It will not be this year – but 2015 is very much the hope and expectation," said the source.

I don’t know how we, as a group, feel about the reliability of RadioTimes, but the problem I have with that statement is when it says “season 5 may premiere earlier than 2016” – instead of referring to season 4.  Clearly this was a mistake made by either RadioTimes or Christian Today.

The article comes back to known facts (or at least known rumors) with this concluding paragraph.

For fans of "Sherlock" who are avidly awaiting the confirmation of the release date, do not worry. There is news that there will be one special episode before season 4 starts. Freeman confirmed this when he guested on Alan Carr's talk show.

And what do we make of all this?  Damned if I know.  If I had to guess, I’d say it’s just a rehash of stuff we’ve already heard from other sources, with the addition of a possible typo. Therefore I think we should take the advice of the London bobby when he said:

“All right, folks.  Move along.  Go on about your business. Nothing to see here.”

Oh, by the way -- sorry it’s been so long since my last post.

Ummm . . . Did you miss me?

Last edited by Bruce Cook (June 14, 2014 6:54 pm)

A good debate is like a fencing match — you don't have to win to get a good workout.

June 15, 2014 3:28 pm  #69

I think I will believe that something with Sherlock is going on only when I see direct statement from Gatiss or Moffat

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 15, 2014 4:12 pm  #70

I never expect it any sooner than 2 years...I'm also constantly amazed that fans seem surprised by this gap- not like it's ever happened before or anything?!

June 15, 2014 6:09 pm  #71

besleybean wrote:

I never expect it any sooner than 2 years...I'm also constantly amazed that fans seem surprised by this gap- not like it's ever happened before or anything?!

Exactly. They have to wait 2 years for second season, 2 years for third season and now it's like "Oh no, we suddenly have to wait 2 years before next season, how can it be possible?" 

Well, Sherlock is teaching people how to be patient from 2010

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

November 2, 2014 5:26 pm  #72

They're filmimg it next year.

November 3, 2014 12:40 am  #73

Special is to be filmed in January tho isn't it ?
So we will have that for Xmas....then SO4 in 16.

Last edited by lil (November 3, 2014 12:43 am)

November 3, 2014 1:52 am  #74

lil wrote:

Special is to be filmed in January tho isn't it ?
So we will have that for Xmas....then SO4 in 16.

Too long between series. I'm  losing interest. I will regain my interest, once the special and the new series has an airdate, but for now, sorry, it's already been too long, and supposedly we have 14 months until the special and more than that until the series.

November 3, 2014 6:43 am  #75

Patience, is a virtue.

November 3, 2014 11:59 am  #76

besleybean wrote:

Patience, is a virtue.

*makes rude raspberry sounds at the universe in general*
Fie on patience, I've just about had it.

November 3, 2014 12:47 pm  #77

Not a virture I have much of.  But at least I have so many things to comfort me in my watting.  The forum, my DVD's, fan fic.  Not to mention all my other Benedict related toys. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 3, 2014 1:20 pm  #78

I feel series 3 hadn't got as much potential for discussion as series 2. So I'm a bit worried we might all go to sleep in a few months, only to wake up when filming dates come up. Although I really liked the "waking up process" last time. When some tiny news explode all over the internet and Sherlock fans go crazy and everybody else goes wtf I will be looking forward to it And meanwhile catch up on all the other things I haven't watched yet and definitely should..

"It is what it is."

November 3, 2014 5:12 pm  #79

What?
I think S3 is the best cliffhanger ever...Mary, Moriarty...

November 4, 2014 12:20 am  #80

I agree with both of you. It was a really great cliffhanger, but there isn't as much to actually discuss. Like, it doesn't compare with the "how was it done" theories after TRF. The only things we can really discuss this time are Mary and Moriarty, and there's only so many things that can be said about those topics.

"What will happen to Mary in Series 4? Did she intend to kill Sherlock? Is she bad or good?" etc
And "Is Moriarty really alive or is it some kind of trick, and if he is alive, how did he survive?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera