BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2014 7:11 pm  #21

Re: Guess who wrote the best man speech?

It's so lovely to hear about the behind the scenes of one of the most memorable moments of series 3.

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

April 28, 2014 4:45 pm  #22

This is wonderful:
“It’s one of the very few times possibly of all time I actually cried writing something, that sequence there. I was blubbing during writing, I mean the sad stuff doesn’t make me cry when I write it, because I know I’m being manipulative, but a simple declaration of devotion in the manner of a man who simply decided: that is what you do. He’s read it in a book: you state how you feel about your friend. “Right, we’ll do that.” And he does it with with forensic perfection. So he kills you when it happens! And that I think is tremendously powerful. It’s also very key to the character of Sherlock Holmes, because he has no shame in admitting that he can feel that way. When he likes people, he’s perfectly happy to like them. He just, he doesn’t like very many, that’s the truth.”— What was it like to write the best man’s speech?Steven Moffat interview swedish TV

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 28, 2014 4:59 pm  #23

Fabulous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 29, 2014 7:55 am  #24

Awwww.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera