BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 30, 2014 7:14 am  #181

Re: Hamlet

I think £40 for an extra chance at tickets is a good idea....I think.

You've gotta imagine there will be 1100 tickets a night for six nights a week for 12 weeks....so that's just over 79,000 tickets.

Didn't they have 200,000 applications for Cabin Pressure tickets???
THATS what concerns me....

I'm clueing for looks

March 30, 2014 7:15 am  #182

They will sell out like hot cakes.
My problem is being able to plan ahead so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 30, 2014 7:21 am  #183

Well I'm just gonna grab what I can, and I'll just have to take holiday to fit in around it. No one is gonna stop me going!

I'm hoping tickets will go thru something like Ticketmaster, which can handle the volume. I've had some great luck on there....hope the trend can continue!!

I'm clueing for looks

March 30, 2014 7:35 am  #184

I was absolutely stunned by how quickly the Kate Bush tickets were sold out - at the box office and on ticketmaster, so it's worried me a bit.
On the other hand, at the moment, he's pretty hot property with fans, given that Sherlock's only recently finished a run, and STID has hit the shops on DVD, etc.
I'm wondering if, when these tickets finally go on sale, things may have calmed down a tiny bit?
I don't know if I'm making sense, but if, for instance, they went on sale after the next series of Sherlock (which we now know won't be the case) would there have been more of a stampede to get them?

LOL! I'm actually doing Sherlock deductions about the ticket sales!

Last edited by Tinks (March 30, 2014 7:36 am)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 30, 2014 7:37 am  #185

clareiow wrote:

I think £40 for an extra chance at tickets is a good idea....I think.

You've gotta imagine there will be 1100 tickets a night for six nights a week for 12 weeks....so that's just over 79,000 tickets.

Didn't they have 200,000 applications for Cabin Pressure tickets???
THATS what concerns me....

I think I will buy a membership for next year, if it´s possible from abroad..

The Cabin Pressure recording was for free if I remember correctly, so I hope the numbers will be a bit lower for the play..*folds hands in prayer*

March 30, 2014 7:37 am  #186

Next Sherlock isn't til 2016.
Hamlet is 2015.
As I understood it, tickets go on sale this May.

Last edited by besleybean (March 30, 2014 7:38 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 30, 2014 7:42 am  #187

Yes, besley - that's what I was trying to say: maybe the fans will have calmed down a bit and there won't be quite such a rush for tickets because there won't have been a recent Sherlock series to fire everyone up even more? I'm not explaining what I mean very well, I know - I'm hopeless at putting my thoughts into words sometimes!!!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 30, 2014 7:45 am  #188

Oh, I thought just ticket information in May..?

March 30, 2014 7:46 am  #189

I think it will probably be just info, too - seems a little early for them to go in sale?

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 30, 2014 7:50 am  #190

Hope you're right!

March 30, 2014 6:35 pm  #191

Another thing - I just did some research on Lyndsey Turner, the director. The things she did so far look quite good. Nothing mainstream and interesting choice of plays. She directed one with Rebecca Hall last year. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 30, 2014 8:08 pm  #192

Ah, good idea to do some research on the director.
I have to admit though that "Hamlet" in itself to me is probably one of the most mainstream plays you can put onto a stage nowadays, just because it's so well-known. So it will be very interesting to see what Turner will come up with and if she will find a quite unique way to stage it. Can't wait to see this!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 30, 2014 9:13 pm  #193

OK, I think I'll probably get membership then. Sounds like a plan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 30, 2014 10:22 pm  #194

Ah, I did it. I signed up for the damn thing. I will probably try and buy a few tickets and then sell them on to people if they sell out really quickly (at face value of course).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 28, 2014 10:16 am  #195

Good news: Lyndsey Turner won this year's Olivier Award for Best Director ("Chimerica"). This bodes well for Hamlet. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 28, 2014 10:40 am  #196

Oh that makes me even more excited about this project!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

Board footera